Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

new sub and stuff with pics-NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default new sub and stuff with pics-NEED HELP

ok, i got rid of the bazooka sub in the oem tc enclosure and replaced it with a kicker 10". i also got the kicker resolution components installed. everything's powered off a kenwood 4 channel amp. i wish i had taken pics of the components installed in the doors, but i didn't have my camera with me.
these are the components i got:

the amp which was mounted to the back seat:

the bazooka enclosure

the bazooka woofer and amp(which is tiny)

and finally the bazooka enclosure with the kicker sub installed:
Old 06-30-2005, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so I see it all finally worked out for ya!!!! looks good man!!!

how does it all sound?? are you pleased with the difference??? Thanks for the pics!!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

it sounds awesome-i couldn't be happier. it's like a totally different universe. sci tc guy-thanx to u and all the other guys i spoke to before i picked everything out. i def made the right choices thanx to all of u guys.
now i'm just trying to figure out what to get for the rear speakers. i might just leave them as is cuz the car sounds pretty good already. my friends were telling me to get another set of the same kicker components and turn them into coaxials-only thing is, they were kinda expensive and i don't wanna spend that much more money. i have no intention of showing the car or doing anything like that, so what's the point-other than seeing how long it would take to blow out my eardrums. i think i may just get a set of 2 way coaxials for between $50 - $80 for the rear.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anytime man!!!!

glad to see another satisfied audio fan!!!

personally, I don't even hear my rear speakers unless I really pay attention.......they're attenuated so all it is is a rear surround effect....
Old 07-01-2005, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok-i ran into a problem tonight. i'm driving along and all of a sudden the car just turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on. everything reset itself. happened only once, but i was turning at a big intersection, and if the car was dead for another 5 seconds, someone would've def nailed me-so that obviously scared the crap outta me. i have a grounding kit and a pivot voltage stablizer. the amp is using 2 channels(70watts rms) to power the components and then the final 2 channels are bridged to power the sub. i hear about people using capacitors, but it seems that people can't agree if they're really helpful. do i need to get a new battery like the optima yellow or red? i didn't think i'd need to change out the battery because i'm not running that much power-or i didn't think i was at least.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

doesn't sound like you're running too much power.....the car shuttuing off and back on sounds like a bad connection at the battery.....I doubt you need a cap or a new battery....or even a new alt......shouldn't have any problems really...
Old 07-01-2005, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i checked the connections today and tightened them all up. i didn't really notice that any of them were loose. hopefully with everything tightened up it won't happen again. i'm gonna find a set of coaxials for the rear and when i do those i'm gonna dynamat or edead the trunk. i'm getting this annoying rattle right by the license plate. it's killing me-makes me almost not wanna turn the volume up-almost. i can't really hear it from inside of the car, but if i'm standing outside, it's annoying the hell outta me. i put some foam behind the license plate hoping that'd help, but it didn't really take care of the whole rattle-slightly, but still bothers me. the stereo shop around here was telling me that each sheet of dynamat was $75 installed. that's pretty expensive-i think i may get it and do it myself.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey yellot00tr, any updates on this project? i'm really interested in possibly doing something like this.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Banned
SL Member

No offense, but the OEM Bazooka enclosure is pretty weak. Glad to see you swapped out the sub at least. Much better idea to just build your own small sealed or buy a prefabricated box.