Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Opionions needed ! Kenwood DNX 8120 or Pioneer Avic Z3????

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Yeah i think so too... the main thing just like you said boot time, the **** and sometime maps are old, but for $635 shipped i think it will be good enough.
Just need to get install kit and the override thing to use navi while driving.
I'm sure they'll have map-updates soon... same with fixing the load times... but what is it I keep hearing about the ****? I see people complain about it but no one ever says why... does it come off or something?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's what i found on Pioneer website and regarding their V2 firmware update.

"The firmware update, however, does not address reported concerns regarding the length of boot up times. As is the case with other computers, the length of time to boot up an AVIC F-Series system is largely due to the numerous demands (navigation, entertainment, information, connectivity, compatibility, etc.) placed upon it."
Hmmm... strange that the Z series and the DNX 8120 don't seem to have that problem...
Old 02-15-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

About the ****" the say its uncomfortable to turn the ****. Like its too small or something.

Boot up time: Yeah well its weird you know, maybe they have no idea why its happening so thats why they said it, maybe they will figure out whats going on later on and release the fix in the next update.
But honestly i dont think it will bother me if the unit will turn on for 5 minutes instead of 2.. I usually warm up the car while smoking the cigarette outside anyway.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

About the ****" the say its uncomfortable to turn the ****. Like its too small or something.

Boot up time: Yeah well its weird you know, maybe they have no idea why its happening so thats why they said it, maybe they will figure out whats going on later on and release the fix in the next update.
But honestly i dont think it will bother me if the unit will turn on for 5 minutes instead of 2.. I usually warm up the car while smoking the cigarette outside anyway.
Yeah, the only thing with the boot times that bothered me was how long people said it took to load the back-up camera... I don't mind waiting an extra minute or two for the unit to boot or an extra few seconds for my iPod to load (which actually I haven't read as much about so that's good)... but I would like the back-up camera to load fairly quickly so, if you get a back-up cam, let me know.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Damn, i just found F90BT for like 560 shipped somewhere online...
i overpayed a little bit... sucks ... ohh well.