Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

pillar lining bubbles

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Default pillar lining bubbles

i've just noticed that i have a few bubbles in the liner of both of my front pillars( at the base where it curves flat). The pillars that are in the front at the windshield. its only got 6k on it so imma take back to the dealer and see if they will replace/fix it under warranty...i've recovered head liners before and once you have one bubble, you got a problem.....i tried flattening them but it raises back up in 10 minutes...and i wondered if the liner had a plastic backing that kept air from passing so i took a needle and popped it in a couple places...didnt help any...

. anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: pillar lining bubbles

Originally Posted by DanielNC06
i've just noticed that i have a few bubbles in the liner of both of my front pillars( at the base where it curves flat). The pillars that are in the front at the windshield. its only got 6k on it so imma take back to the dealer and see if they will replace/fix it under warranty...i've recovered head liners before and once you have one bubble, you got a problem.....i tried flattening them but it raises back up in 10 minutes...and i wondered if the liner had a plastic backing that kept air from passing so i took a needle and popped it in a couple places...didnt help any...

. anyone else have this problem?
I noticed these the day after we picked up my wifes 07 in the same location. You can flatten them but they come back. I pointed it out to Toyota Long Beach about 4 weeks after having the car. They ordered new one, contacted me when they arrived, and replaced them.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My tC has had this since Day 1. I don't really care.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same here. I flatten it out all the time, but it comes back. Maybe I'll tell the dealer next time I'm there, or that will just give me an excuse to wrap them in suede.