Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Pioneer AVIC-D3 Roll Call.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Onlinecarstereo has it for 735 i believe this week..
Old 06-15-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

do a search for store reviews (online car stereo). iono it seems like a risk to order from them..
Old 06-15-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ADRdesignCo
do a search for store reviews (online car stereo). iono it seems like a risk to order from them..
Good to know. I think I'm just going to order from Crutchfield because I'm getting a giftcard to there from my Discover credit card. Also I'll be getting $20 off because my roommate "referred" me to their site. More like he ordered something before I did. I'm just upset that it was on sale earlier this week and the price went back up to MSRP. I figured the sale would be going on for a week, not a day or two. Although I'm happy I get the wiring harness and brakets for free, and free shipping with no sales tax.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 06-15-2007, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i think the big sale was for like one night, cause a few hours later it went back up. another good site you can check out is Woofersetc.com. i havent ordered from them, but it got really good reviews. or if you wanna really get a great deal, pm Scionizer07 here on the forums. he is where i got my d3+accesories from. hes a really cool guy and he had the best price when i was searching (845 for the deck, mounting kit, and wire harness i think).
Old 06-15-2007, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ADRdesignCo
i think the big sale was for like one night, cause a few hours later it went back up. another good site you can check out is Woofersetc.com. i havent ordered from them, but it got really good reviews. or if you wanna really get a great deal, pm Scionizer07 here on the forums. he is where i got my d3+accesories from. hes a really cool guy and he had the best price when i was searching (845 for the deck, mounting kit, and wire harness i think).
Good to know and thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I got a little more shopping to do before I order. Any complaints about the D3 that I should know about yet before I order. I know it only has one DVD/CD slot but I'm going to use my iPod as a harddrive so I think I'll be all set.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

its a little bit noisy imo (the sound coming from it), but is not noticeable when you have music playing. coming from a 8600deh pioneer deck, the SQ isnt as great, but the feature list definately equals it out.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Really? I don't really think it is noisy at all. Mine is just as quiet or more so than my stock cd player.

Here are a few shots of mine:

and it closes just fine, without drilling the extra holes in the brackets.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ok i finally figured out what was my problem.. having LOUDNESS set to high adds ALOT of hiss , also having the ipod function to CHARGE adds some noise (forgiveable). after messing with that and my EQs the system is ALOT quieter now, but the hiss is still there but only audible at high levels (16+). I am super happy now that my sound system is fixed and sounds great.. and to help progress this thread.. what "staging" is everyone using ?
Old 06-17-2007, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think someone still needs to convince me to break the bank to get this sucker. I want it so bad, I just need that extra push to tell me to get it.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

why not get it? haha.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Bump. I'm ordering mine once I get a response PM back from Scionizer! =DDD

...expect a YouTube video of me demoing it hahah
Old 06-22-2007, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

compuplus.com has the d3 for 715shipped
Old 06-22-2007, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I already ordered mine from Scionizer. I should have it early next week. Can't wait to install it. =D

I got a quick question for you D3 owners. I tried searching for an answer here and Avic411, but couldn't find one. I vaguely remember someone mentioning hooking up the bypass to a switch so you just "turn on/off" the bypass should you want to roll around illegally or legally at the flip of a switch. I'm sure it's probably simple and I'm over-analyzing it, but could someone school me on how to do something like that?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Mine is hooked up on a switch. Comes in handy in case the cops pull u over u just hit a switch and say "what do u mean u saw video? I can't play it without the car moving." And then u demonstrate that it doesn't work. Ha ha

My switch is hidden in the cubby hole under the hvac console. Can't see it unless u are really down there looking but still super simple to get to.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Okay. But...how did you hook it up?
Old 06-22-2007, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I GOT A ? THATS BEEN BOTHERING ME. I HAVE GONE TO 2 PLACES ASKING IF I CAN STILL USE MY STEERING WHEEL BUTTONS, AND THEY HAVE SAID ALMOST THE SAME. ONE SAID THERES AN ADAPTER BUT THAT MOST OF THE TIME IT WONT WORK, AND ANOTHER ONE SAID THERE WAS REALLY NOTHING I COULD DO TO USE THE STEERING WHEEL B/C THE ADAPTER WOULD NOT WORK.

I WANT TO KNOW IF THATS TRUE, THATS WHATS HOLDING ME BACK OF BUYING IT, OOOO AND IF I INSTALL IT CAN I STILL USE THE AUX THE CAR BRINGS INSIDE THE ARMREST?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

its called the PAC SWI-PS adapter available off crutchfield for like $60 (but its welll worth it). i have one and it works great and so does my friend, both of us have d3s. this will keep the steering wheel remote functional.

unforunately you cant use that aux port in your arm rest anymore. i mean you could, just that itd involve some fun soldering but out of the box, it wont work with the d3. however if you need an aux port, there is one on the front of the d3 and also one input in the back.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes the pac swi ps works great for me, slight delay but doesnt bother me plus you can program it the way u want it. I hade my
"mode" button set to mute now

and u cant use the ipod and aux in the armrest but u can always run a rca to 3.5mm cable from the av1 input of the d3 to the armrest and get the same results along with ipod cable
Old 06-22-2007, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is it possible to connect a TV tuner? An if yes what would work?

P.s If any one needs a referred code for Crutchfield Pm me...
Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member

The D3 at cruthfield in the outlet is still only 719.99 and if you purchase the 3 pioneer items that are above 49.99, you get 15% off each one of those pioneer items, which makes your D3 only 611.99 with all the backets and the harness. The only problem is finding the unit in the outlet, but when you do see it. Jump on it cause it won't be there long.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC-D3 Roll Call.