Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Pioneer AVIC-X910BT questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member

Default Pioneer AVIC-X910BT questions

The new xD RS2.0 comes with (I believe) the Pioneer AVIC-X710BT, which a friend of mine has. It's a beautiful setup, and I would love to emulate it in my tC, but with the newer X910BT.

Her xD has an ipod cable jutting out of the glove box that she plugs her ipod in to. I was wondering if anyone had seen, or has a wiring diagram, to the ipod connector that is already in the tC's center console. I would love to keep my ipod connection here, and have it interface with the new head unit.

Also, my friend says the steering wheel control unit the dealership installed was faulty. I have no idea what they install by default, but I was looking at the PAC SWI-PS Sony/Pioneer steering wheel interface controller. Can anyone give me some input on if this works?

I'm not overly concerned with the microphone or GPS hookups, I already know where I want to mount those, and I am not afraid to tear my car apart.

I have an opportunity to sit down with the installer at the dealership and talk about what they use and how they do it, but that's in mid October, and I'd like to have it installed before then.

Just in general, does anyone have this unit (or similar) that can tell me what I should look for, or look out for? Any tips or tricks to save me time? Any and all information on this unit will be appreciated.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:12 AM
SL Member

i bought mine from a guy going out of business like 2 months ago for 700$ n then tried to install it myself but so many dam wires... jus went to a car electronics store n installed it for 150 so 850$ together with the dvd player break bypass. took about 1 hr 30 mins 4 install. i love this head unit. only thing is my blutooth on my lg env phone isnt detectable but my brothers iphone is. so no cool car phone calls and to top it off the sound is alot better n louder then stock head unit
Old 10-06-2009, 04:18 AM
SL Member

i have the avic-f900bt(last years model) you can run the ipod cable to the center console...i did and i liek it there and on my unit i have had some troubles with the swi ps...not sure wat is going on still havent called tech on it... and as far as the bypass it is just removing the mute wire and relocating and ground....and ya there are quite a few wires...you have to have speed sense...that is about the only different wire than normal...other than the swi ps or swix
as far as the unit its a great unit a little laggy booting up with the built in bluetooth and nav and all but overall pretty nice...easy bypass easy to use and good loking...if you have any questions just pm me i have worked at local car audio shops for a while now