Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...
View Poll Results: which is the better pick?
Pioneer DEH-P6800MP
25.00%
Alpine CDA-9856
75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Pioneer DEH-P6800MP or Alpine CDA-9856 ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Pioneer DEH-P6800MP or Alpine CDA-9856 ?????

im debating whether i should get Pioneer or Alpine (sound quality mainly).... Im about have MB quarts RVF216 components on the rear very soon and possibly another MBquart component system (premiums 216's) in the front later on in the future (4-5weeks from now)

the Pioneer DEH-P6800MP comes with...
» CD player with built-in MOSFET50 amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
» slide-down, motorized, detachable face with Organic EL display
» CD, CD-R, and CD-RW compatible, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files (not compatible with songs downloaded from Apple iTunes Music Store)
» Supertuner IIID (18 FM/6 AM presets)
» Easy EQ (5 preset curves, 2 user settings, and a 7-band graphic EQ)
» loudness (3 levels)
» front auxiliary input (Note: this input takes a nonstandard, 2.5mm sub mini jack)
» three sets of preamp outputs
» high-and low-pass filters for improved speaker performance
» iPod-ready (CDIB100 adapter required)
» satellite radio-ready (XM or SIRIUS tuner, subscription, and antenna required)
» remote control
» clock
» CD frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
» CD signal-to-noise ratio: 94 dB
» FM sensitivity: 8 dBf

the Alpine CDA-9856 comes with
» CD player with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
» flip-down, detachable face
» plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files)
» Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
» BBE processing
» three sets of preamp outputs
» Source Tone Memory
» HD Radio-ready (requires Alpine HD Radio Tuner, available soon)
» controls for an optional XM or SIRIUS satellite radio tuner
» controls for iPod with Alpine's optional Full Speed interface cable
» CD changer controls
» clock
» CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
» CD frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
» CD signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
» FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf

anyone have there own opinions about these to cd recievers? what should i get? any advises? thanks! i am mostly lookin forward to sound quality, all that extra features dont really matter.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd go with the Alpine and I'm pretty sure most people on here will say that, or for you to buy an Eclipse unit.

One question though. Why are you putting the components in the rear first? If you're looking for sound quality, wouldn't it make more sense to get the front ones first, and the rear ones later.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member

This is my first post and when I saw this thread I just had to comment.

I have the Pioneer and all I can say is that it is a piece of ****, the sound quality isn't as good as you would expect from that expensive of a radio, the volume **** is terribly cheap feeling and will not turn the volume down fast if you need it to. And to top it all off I've had to send it out to service twice now because the display is screwed up and because it will randomly shut off, and it's only 3 months old.

So i say go with Alpine
Old 11-16-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alpine, hands down! I have the same HU and it makes the stock speakers sound really good. If you have an iPod, be sure to get the Alpine KCE-422i iPod cable. It only $30. I keep the iPod in the glove box because the Alpine HU displays all the necessary info. (Artist, CD(?) title, and track name.) It also charges your iPod too! If you have Satellite radio, don't forget the Alpine KCA-121B Auxiliary Input Adapter for $15. It allows you to hear audio from another source (DVD Player, Sat. radio, etc.) through your Alpine HU. Very cool indeed! So for $245 you can get a very good set-up! I ordered all the items listed at Crutchfield.com. FREE Shipping so $245 is all I paid!

If you're still undecided, go HERE!!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

For SQ, Alpine will definitely win. If you really want SQ, Eclipse is the best
Old 11-17-2006, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ive messed with both decks. i dont like the sound tuning features in the pioneer, and i dont like the user interface in the alpine... im not to familiar with alpines as much, since i have a pioneer deck, but if your going for quality sound (with ability to tune) i say aim for the Pioneer 7800MP or the 9800BT. they have really good EQ customization options, with HPFs for the fronts and rears and LPF for the sub, all of which you are able to control the level and the slope which i found extremely valuable in tuning. i have the Pioneer 8600MP deck, its a bit older, but i love those options, and wouldnt settle for anything less
Old 11-17-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Agreed; aim higher. I went for the Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS, primarily because it has a dedicated volume ****, and because the two-**** control face brings back that old school look (remember when every headunit had a volume ****, a tuning ****, six buttons, and a tape deck?). I don't have that many presets, so I don't miss the preset buttons, and the iPod control unit is brilliant; you can go through the playlists with the multi-controller and see the titles on a three-row display. The display is white monochrome, and the buttons and **** highlight can be either white or blue. The 7800MP and 9800BT have full color displays, and I believe their buttons and ***** can be any one of a range of colors.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

can they? i thought they can only do blue. anyway, yeah i love that two **** look alot better than the new stuff out now :/.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

oh yeah.. i was also just curious how much you got the 880PRS for? i love my deck but the ipod integration is really weak on mine