Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

PLEASE Help with my possible future Elemental Designs System

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default PLEASE Help with my possible future Elemental Designs System

Okay fellas need some decision making help. I currently have my Clarion DVD player indash, factory speakers, and an alpine amp maybe 40 watts each speaker (oh yeah took out my two volfenhag 12's and audiobahn amp). Ok well I want to get me (2) eu-700's and put them in a setup kinda like OneLiterPeters. And want to replace speakers all the way around components and coax you know the routine.

My question is I just ordered some polk audio 6.5 components and coax and the kenwood powered sub. Should I go ahead and return and get money back so I can buy some of the eD speakers????

If so I will get two eu-700's for the hatch like I said probably backed by a nine.2, edi 6000 components in front, and eu-600 in the rear powered by a nine.4.
Or
I was thinking two eu-700's in hatch, two eu-700's in the rear panels backed by a nine.4 ran at 2ohm for 100watts each speakers and the edi 6000 components in front with nine.2.
Or
Two eu-700's in hatch and two eu-700's in rear backed by nine.4 and edi 6500 in front backed by nine.4 bridged suppling 150watts each side.

Or if you guess got any other combo let me know... and please I need all comments all help, I am needing to get great feedback ( i know this forum has it ) fast because I will only have 30 days to return my products and get money back so I can do this install with the real gear eD. Hopefully mandos will see this and post. Thanks a million guys. Cory
Old 04-04-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just wanted to say imma go eDi too..imma get 6500 components..still dont know about the rears though..good luck man!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Elemental Design has some great customer service... Chris (mandos) just spent like an hour talking with me about what he would recommend for my car setup through AIM. Kudos to the Elemental Design team and special thanks once again to Chris. Cory
Old 04-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

If you must have rear fill....

Nine.4 on a pair of 6500s in front, Eu-600s in the rear

Nine.2X with the gains set a bit conservatively(they'll still be louder than Peter's ;)) on a set of 700's in the back.

That way you still have fade control, and your sub stage will keep up w/ the fronts.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^agreed...I was going to suggest that without the 600s in the rear..... but if you really like rear fill, do this^^^
Old 04-06-2006, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what do you all mean by rear fill? just an uneven bass dispersion? like treble and high mids to low mids to subwoofers?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rear fill meaning having speakers that produce anything other than bass, behind you.... rear door panel speakers in the tC are rear fill....

the concept of rear fill is this:
CD's, Radio, Satellite radio, etc. is all recorded in stereo (2 channels, left and right).... so in order to reproduce exactly what was recorded, you only need 2 channels (front left and front right)... you only want the fronts so you can get an image of the recording on your dash... if bass guitarist is on the left of the recording studio, the you should hear the bass guitar on the left of your dash/windshield like you were in a concert......

Image/staging are two highly important keys in a good Sound Quality competition install...
Old 04-06-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mando's and Sci-tC-Guy are right on if you're going with an eD setup.

Cory...

I didn't get a chance to reply to you about sound deadening...

IMO... Installing sound deadening in the doors and rear panels will do as much to improving the sound of your system as having good components will. eD's e-Dead v1SE2 is awesome stuff and $150 will get you enough to do almost your whole interior. I used that in my hatch area, doors and rear panels. I also installed a 12x12 square of eDead v4 behind each speaker. Great stuff and definitely the foundation of an awesome system.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:27 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hehe pretty soon every Scion will have a ED system...........
I know I will
Old 04-06-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ HE'S FIGURED OUT OUR MASTER PLAN!!!!! KILL HIM!!!!!!!

haha... only playin.... but the eD products are the absolute best as far as getting your money's worth...
Old 04-06-2006, 05:03 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Here is another eD question....I will have 6500s in the front
190v2 for the deep bass........what do I put in the rear speaker space? 6.5 subs for mid bass? Or what if I got real crazy and put the 6.5 subs up front next o the components?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so you consider rear fill a good thing? the reason why is why was thinking about just doing midrange woofers in the rear stock holes.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I have....drum roll please....

NOTHING in the back.

Until I have 5.1 in the car, no rear speakers.

I've sat in the back w/ people in the front, it's really not that bad

Just make sure doors are sealed well and you won't need extra midbass.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXT
Here is another eD question....I will have 6500s in the front
190v2 for the deep bass........what do I put in the rear speaker space? 6.5 subs for mid bass? Or what if I got real crazy and put the 6.5 subs up front next o the components?
6500's in stock locations up front,
19Ov2 (what kind of box?)

That with 2 eD amps would be killer.... If you wanted to get crazy, you'd fab in some Eu-700's up front in the kick panels and turn your 6500's into a sexy 3 way.... or switch the door speaker with the Eu-700 and put he eD door speaker into a kick panel for more midrange imaging.... maybe even put the tweeter down there too... don't know how they do on-axis though....

but I agree, leave the rears as nothing... with 6500's, your rear passengers will have plenty of mid/high
Old 04-06-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, id rather not do that, because i listen to rock, and i want that goddamn kick drum to make my heart flutter! problem is with the kick drum and bass going mainly through the subwoofer, you loose a lot of top end bass that the midrange's cant handle it, nor do i want them to. so, to be coy, i do need that extra midbass! thats the most important thing that most systems lack, and im a big freak about it because for one i play drums, and record my band, so im very picky about accurate reproduction.

so, your going to have just components in the front, and 32 7"s in the back? sounds like a rap fan to me...

JK!
Old 04-06-2006, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ You obviously have never heard the 700's.... they hit with the tightest of them....the Eu-700 is a mid-bass/sub-bass combo.... put em in a small sealed enclosure (.25ft^3) and you have all the kick drum/floor tom you need... take them out of that enclosure and put em into a 30Hz ported box (.5ft^3) and you've got lil john tappin on your chest low bass.... versatility....
Old 04-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by kcautotc
well, id rather not do that, because i listen to rock, and i want that goddamn kick drum to make my heart flutter! problem is with the kick drum and bass going mainly through the subwoofer, you loose a lot of top end bass that the midrange's cant handle it, nor do i want them to. so, to be coy, i do need that extra midbass! thats the most important thing that most systems lack, and im a big freak about it because for one i play drums, and record my band, so im very picky about accurate reproduction.

so, your going to have just components in the front, and 32 7"s in the back? sounds like a rap fan to me...

JK!
I come from rock...first and formost...rap only if someone is a bass head and wants a demo.

6500s + sealed doors = just fine down to 60Hz. You don't NEED an extra midbass in the middle. You can, but it just adds into a lot of fabrication
Old 04-06-2006, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ok Mandos, SCI_TC_GUY, OneLiterPeter, and anyone who has used the eDead products... What product is the best? I was kinda looking at the v4 stuff I like the simple paint on application but not sure about the effectiveness of it? Chris which one of the products is best for like doors, hatch, side walls, flooring??? So just about everything fessible in the car without going too extreme. Which you could do around the roof to eliminate some wind noise, that would be awesome.

Originally Posted by CXT
Hehe pretty soon every Scion will have a ED system
I guess so CXT because Chris should be expecting some business from me very soon.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ how are you going to apply anything to the roof??? it's all glass....

I haven't messed with any of the eDead... I hear alot of people getting the v1 or v2 mat and putting the paint over top of it..... I'd probably go with the v2 by itself before anything else...
Old 04-06-2006, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sorry SCI_TC_GUY Which was suppose to say wish... thats why I wish we could some how depend the roof to remove wind noise I know we can not because of the glass from the front to back.

Quick Reply: PLEASE Help with my possible future Elemental Designs System