Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

PLEASE Help with my possible future Elemental Designs System

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh ok.... classic mistype/misread... es todos bien
Old 04-06-2006, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think that as far as the rears go it really boils down to personal preference.

I've tried mine with and without them and for me I happen to like them. With them disabled it sounds like an empy spot behind me. :D
Old 04-06-2006, 06:32 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCI_TC_GUY

6500's in stock locations up front,
19Ov2 (what kind of box?)

That with 2 eD amps would be killer.... If you wanted to get crazy, you'd fab in some Eu-700's up front in the kick panels and turn your 6500's into a sexy 3 way

190 in a sealed box.. I think I'll do the three way with the 700's can I run the 6500's and the 700's with one eD amp or am I going to need a 3rd amp?
I have a nine.2x for the 190v2
Old 04-06-2006, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you'd probably need a 3rd amp..

get the 6500's and the 19ov and edead your doors and see what you think.... You'll be surprised (not to mention it'll be less expensive)
Old 04-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by CXT
Originally Posted by SCI_TC_GUY

6500's in stock locations up front,
19Ov2 (what kind of box?)

That with 2 eD amps would be killer.... If you wanted to get crazy, you'd fab in some Eu-700's up front in the kick panels and turn your 6500's into a sexy 3 way

190 in a sealed box.. I think I'll do the three way with the 700's can I run the 6500's and the 700's with one eD amp or am I going to need a 3rd amp?
I have a nine.2x for the 190v2
Listen not to SCI_TC_GUY

Nine.4

6500s at 4 ohms, 700s at 2 ohms. YES they'll keep up JUST fine w/ the 19Ov.2 like that.

My 6500s on the Nine.4 moving to the Nine.2 all it did was make the point where it's insanely loud get lower on the volume dial.

As for eDead, liquid for the doors...mat + small access holes = PITA imo. If it touches the wrong place...it's stuck.

Everything else, I use mat, because of no dry time. As for which mat SE² no question.

V4 would go over the other stuff for wind noise, generally a single layer through the doors and the rear panels is sufficient.

As it sits, most noise in my tC is the roof...and you can't really deaden the glass unfortunately
Old 04-06-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chris:

Old 04-06-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by justmyluck
Ok Mandos, SCI_TC_GUY, OneLiterPeter, and anyone who has used the eDead products... What product is the best? I was kinda looking at the v4 stuff I like the simple paint on application but not sure about the effectiveness of it? Chris which one of the products is best for like doors, hatch, side walls, flooring??? So just about everything fessible in the car without going too extreme. Which you could do around the roof to eliminate some wind noise, that would be awesome.

Originally Posted by CXT
Hehe pretty soon every Scion will have a ED system
I guess so CXT because Chris should be expecting some business from me very soon.
If it were me and I had to do it again... I wouldn't change anything with the eDead. IMO...
The v1SE2 is the way to go. You want to add mass to the body panels and the v1SE2 does just that. If you check the spec's... .060thick Butyl with .005 foil are the same materials and thickness' you'll find in any of the top rated products available (including Dynamat Extreme).

The v4 you want to use in addition to the v1.
eDead v4 (named TekLite) is designed to be used in addition to eDead v1,SE,v3 on top of these products. TekLites application in sound deadening is to combat the higher end frequencies standard deadening products do not effect.
I personally stayed away from the paint on type stuff... tooooo messy.

Talk to Chris... He'll point you in the right direction.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

It's fun covering your hands in V3.

But yeah, if you have your interior in, and are a messy person(ME) it's tricky to keep it where it's going. Most people though learned to paint in the lines in grade school...I just didn't like conforming
Old 04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Guys I am sorry earlier when I said the v4 I meant the v3 the paint on stuff that you buy by the gallon, not the v4 stuff used for higher frequencies. Sorry just looking at deadening probably the door, rear panels, hatch, hatch floor, and side walls... I wonder about how much I would need

How much did ya'll use? Any suggestions

Side note... anyone have or seen someone with ventguards or some other brand of window vent guards on the tC because in the earlier morning when the car is dewy and I roll the window down I am FURIOUS with the crazy amount of leakage into the car causing the water to roll down my door panels now I got streaking... and its bad streaking at that not like beautiful drunk blonde at 4am style, more like you little f**ker I hate when you get wet
Old 04-06-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ I've got wade vent guards.... they're a must for me since I had them on my Lumina... were only like $36+ 8 shipping on ebay...
Old 04-07-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

SCI_TC_GUY, your ventguards do they install into the window channel or do you have to mount them to the exterior? And if you have to secure them to the exterior would you happen to have a pic not sure if I want the ones you must attach outside window channel.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ok eD guys I have read many posts about the deadening products smelling... this I am very curious about because I want to maximize the SQ of the interior but do not want an overbearing like chemical smell or tar type smell. Just wonderinf if one of you guys maybe Chris will throw in his first had experiences with it and expertise and clarify this issue for me. And by the way Chris my speakers I am returning so I can buy the eD speakers will be headed back tomorrow so on my next available day to call when ya'll are open I plan to set up my order or if there is a way that I can do it electronically and you still get the commision I would even resort to that... just trying to help you about for helping a fellow scion member out. Thanks again Cory
Old 04-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

V1 = rubberized asphalt = what I don't recommend you get in FL.

SE² (the ² is Alt-0178 in case you were wondering) is rubber butyl. No smell other than almonds, which I think is the adhesive. Lightyears better than V1.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah, I have the interior done with the SE2 and have no odor. I have Polk dB6500 components in the front, dB650s in the rear, and a pair of EU700s in the hatch area. Sounds great.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by justmyluck
SCI_TC_GUY, your ventguards do they install into the window channel or do you have to mount them to the exterior? And if you have to secure them to the exterior would you happen to have a pic not sure if I want the ones you must attach outside window channel.
they're in-channel mount... I really like them better than my exterior mount guards that were on my Lumina... I haven't had any problems except that, when I first got them, when trying to use the auto up window, the window would catch it sometimes.... that hasn't happened in about 8 months though.... I guess it just needed extra time to adhere...
Old 04-07-2006, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thats perfect SCI_TC_GUY, that is what I have been looking for I think I might have to pick a couple of those up once I find them... had no luck last night on ebay only found the wade guards for pickups.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't seen them around lately.... do a search on here for the Wade guards or ventguards... there may be someplace online to make a straight purchase...
Old 04-07-2006, 04:53 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mandos
Listen not to SCI_TC_GUY

Nine.4

6500s at 4 ohms, 700s at 2 ohms. YES they'll keep up JUST fine w/ the 19Ov.2 like that.

My 6500s on the Nine.4 moving to the Nine.2 all it did was make the point where it's insanely loud get lower on the volume dial.

As for eDead, liquid for the doors...mat + small access holes = PITA imo. If it touches the wrong place...it's stuck.

Everything else, I use mat, because of no dry time. As for which mat SE² no question.

V4 would go over the other stuff for wind noise, generally a single layer through the doors and the rear panels is sufficient.

As it sits, most noise in my tC is the roof...and you can't really deaden the glass unfortunately
Thanks Chris you rock!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Alright guys my stuff is on the way. Just got off the phone with Chris and my package should be headed to me Monday and should hopefully arrive by next Friday. Can't wait I am like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting to open his Christmas gifts. Thanks again to Chris and the eD team as long as the products are as good as the customer service (which I am sure they are given all the people on the forum that swear by them) I will be so DELIGHTED and GRATEFUL.

Package on the way:
(2) eu-700's (going in a box like OneLiterPeter's)
(1) edi 6500 components (front)
(1) NINe.2x (for eu-700's in rear)
(1) NINe.4 (for 6500's in front)
(2) Gallons of blue V3 eDead (door panels and some other things I might ACCIDENTALLY cover)
(64 sqft) of v1SE² (for hatch, wheel wells, quarter panels hatch floor)

And once it gets here alot of headache, pain, sweet, tears and sorry fellas I don't drink so no beer, water and gatorade for me
Old 04-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion...spagenameZWDVW

???

Quick Reply: PLEASE Help with my possible future Elemental Designs System