Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Post Pics of Your tC System Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Here is my set-up done with a Corona theme
Old 03-26-2006, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

alright my car is ripped apart in the trunk so now I need to think what to do. Not sure which way I plan on doing my system but have two question... how hard is it to fiberglass and should I try to fiberglass this thing or go by hardware store tomorrow and pick me up a sheet of mdf?????
Old 03-26-2006, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

what ever floats your boat!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well I started the mdf project today but was stopped short. Somehow still not sure how either it slipped or i must have reached over it or something but anyways I ended up cutting my left thumb with my damn table saw. All I remember was setting the guide for 3.5" and started cutting then f*** pain and boy did it suck but everything lucked out and i just BARELY missed my flexor tenden (sorry i am a math person not a english person). Then as I was apply pressure to my left thumb wrapped in my t-shirt and putting all my power tools back in my garage I close the garage and the damn handle pulled out of the wood. JML thats why my name is Just My Luck because ____ always happens to me. So once my thumb is back to normal I will try to continue working on the false floor and sub enclosure.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

ouch!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yanki, tell me about it. I still say I hit the bone because of how much pain... the noise difference of the table saw as my finger hit the blade (reminded me of when I worked at Winn-Dixie and hung out in the meat department when they cut steaks) And right now I can't get this damn finger splint in the right spot to keep the thumb from moving and to try to stop the pain. If I didn't have to get up to go to work at like 5:30am I would me popping some of my demerol I have and chill but don't want to miss my wake up in the morning or be out of it at work. Oh well I guess i'll have to wait alittle longer to have my system back in the tc :tear:
Old 03-27-2006, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Got mine finished up today. Pretty happy with it. Takes up minimal space, still have my spair and the tool kit under there. Seats recline and fold down like normal. Doesnt way much and the sub hits hard.

Tell me what ya think:

how much was that cause that's tight that you still have room..wouldn't mind gettin something like that myself..
Old 03-28-2006, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pic of my system...

Old 03-28-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do you guys think about JL audio 12" w1v2 subs?
Old 03-28-2006, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

What options do we have for a monitor in the hatch. I dont want to put anything smaller then 15", and I was thinken I could put a 15" LCD TV would it work? I need to be able to have A/V inputs and I will be running another battery in the trunk so, I just need to find what will work or what my options are. What would i need to buy to put a LCD into the Hatch.....[/i]
Old 03-29-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by justmyluck
Oh well I guess i'll have to wait alittle longer to have my system back in the tc :tear:
Damn dude, I know how that goes... I had a protection problem with my amp recently... it turned out to be my remote wire. Since I have my stock HU still, I shared the acc wire from my lighter with my neons and amp... So after 2 days of no bass, I installed a fused relay with a switch to my battery.

Dude, sorry to hear about your finger! Hope you get better soon and that your project gets under way and complete soon!

What kind of subs/amp are you installing, and how big is your internal volume?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

well as of right now I will be installing my two volfenhag 12's I have in my closet chillin. But I have actually been thinking about going ahead and redoing EVERYTHING except my HU. I was probably gonna go with JL for damn near everything door speakers, subs, maybe some amps, you know the whole nine yards but it all depends on if I can get them cheap because retail for everything is godly outrageous. But Monday I found out I had to replace my rca's going to my amp for my door speakers because somehow I guess the wire inside the rubber shielding has came loose (no signal to amp buyt sit there and push on the butt of the rca and pow you get noise)... so I figured if I had to tear apart the car to rerun the rca's again I might as well start all over again. And I might even go with two 10's instead of two 12's... trying to mellow out alittle bit on the bass you know. plus two 10's in jl audio would sound sweet.

And it will be alittle while because finger is gonna take probably atleast acouple of week to heal properly and get to where i can fully function it again.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Aww, JL. I'll admit JL's sound great, but when all of my friends started getting JL's I had to find a new brand! lol. I had two 10w1's a few years back. I had 4 buddy's that had w4's, w6's, w3's, and w1's. That was a few years back. I still love JL's, but don't want to go that route again. I have Massive Audio now, and I love how deep my CW 12's can go. For a ported box, it plays really clean! I tuned it somewhere around 25-27 hz, and tested it with my Bass Mekanik 5.0 disc(tracks 20-100 are all hz tests). I wish I kept the port longer, because I can almost feel it trying to produce bass below 25hz... At 30-35 hz it hurts my ears. But yeah, the subs are rated to handle half the power of my amp, so when these 3 year old subs kick over, I might get IDQ's or Crystal's... sorry, long story not so short... lol.

What subs/amps have you used so far?

I started with two 8" pioneer ported tubes on a Pyramid amp, then got two soundstream usa 12's sealed on a kenwood amp, later bandpassed it, then got two JL 10w1's on a kicker xi 652, then two massive audio cw 12's on a kicker xi 2252... now I those subs on a Massive Audio p1500.1 mono amp, and am already thinking of my next sub. lol.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ill throw my system into the mix of things....

Old 03-30-2006, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

What subs/amps have you used so far?
Well so far I have only had two real setups in two cars. I had an mtx 12" with 1000 watt lanzar (POS) amp in my 96 xplorer and now I have two volfenhag 12's with a audiobahn a8002t amp but if i keep the two volfenhags i might pick me up another one of those amps because i can get cheap and run that but i might get some 10's instead of my current 12's. Actually I can use some help on this one... What would everyone recommend for a good setup? I am not looking for SPL competion here strictly SQ and just enough thump but not TOO overbearing. I will probably do a complete overhaul on the audio... new everything BUT the hu I love my Clarion DVD player. But components in front and rear and two 12's or two 10's for the trunk. Trying to keep as much like things together so any advice would be greatful. Thanks JML
Old 03-30-2006, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

you know what 2 good 10's sound awsome in a tc that is what I had for a long time till I got my system all built-- cause TS's are a hatchback it is goin to sound good what ever you put back there-- I had to Rockford fosgate p2's in my truck for the longest time then I went to Atomic an there a good speaker there clean-- you would have to hear my car to understand-- I would of never got Atomic I really wanted Mb quarts or Focal's but these are a lil cheaper an the sound is good-- I am happy with them-- an the shows I went to people where impressed with it-- I been to San deigo an San jose Hot import nights an some lil ones around my area here in Nor cal--
Old 03-30-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

JL Audio 13w7 sub powered by a JL Audio 1000/1 amp. and my seats still recline...
Old 03-30-2006, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Noiceee^^ That's all you need

A nice JLw7 or an Alpine Type X and your car will be crazyloud
Sometimes i can't hear after getting out of my car.
Kinda like a constant boom boom at work =)
Old 03-30-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm still amazed seeing that huge surround!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah,i'm not sure if you need that big of a box,haha but one powerful sub is enough.

Quick Reply: Post Pics of Your tC System Here