Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Problems with stock '06 ipod head unit, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member

Default Problems with stock '06 ipod head unit, please help!

I've had the stock ipod HU on my '06 tc for a few years, but I've been having a problem with it for the last few months. When I turn my car on, the display screen will sometimes just be blank (and lit up, so I know it's at least on), but no music will be playing. Or it will be frozen and just displaying the last song I was listening to the last time I was in my car. None of the controls work, so I have to turn the stereo off for awhile (maybe 15-20 min) before I can turn it back on and it will start up again.

I've also been having problems scrolling through playlists on my ipod with the HU. If I choose a certain one and start scrolling through it, it will automatically start scrolling through the songs on my entire ipod instead of just that playlist. Don't know if the two problems are related or not...

I don't know if it's the super hot weather lately, or because I tend to leave the radio on when I turn off my car, but it's been bugging the crap out of me! I figured out after awhile that if I turn off the stereo before I turn off my car, it doesn't freeze as often. Maybe it's the wiring, maybe it's my ipod, or maybe my head unit is just way too damn old. Any advice? Or at least, does anyone know what's going on??
Old 06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It could be the connection, either the cable or the actual housing you plug into the car. You might want to get another ipod cable from your dealer just to see so you don't go out and drop alot of money on it.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member

I'm pretty sure it's not my cable; I borrowed my friend's for a few days and still had the same problem. I've been wanting to upgrade my head unit, but if it's a connection problem I'm afraid I'm still going to have the same kind of issues....