Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Project: High off Resin (UPDATE PG7: 12-10-07)56k DIE

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^lol nebsters a lil upset..hah but thanks for having my back not that enrique was offensive to me but i like to choose off brands that you dont see everywhere because alot of companies have great products. I also decided to have the subs inverted that way the sub has more air space and i also like looking at the driver. I might get the cap painted ...not sure yet
Old 12-03-2007, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldn't even consider eD an off brand. they're just not sold at best buy haha
Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahahah i ONLY know alpine... not even close bud. i only mentioned the pdx alpines because they were brought up. there are plenty of companies to chose from and if you want to buy something cheaper then by all means get it.

as far as knowing something id suggest you follow youre own advice.

show me where i said alpine is better than anything please.

alpine is by no means the best company and the single product that you claim to like is their worst. their radios are garbage trust me i own one. low voltage on the pre-out section. and a pitiful equalizer.

hahah ohmage makes me lose credibility? look it up. youre obviously an idiot and im wasting time typing. ohms are a measure of resistance that happen to be used in audio electronics.

if you knew ohms law youd know that as your ohm load decreases your wattage increases but so too does the distortion. which was the whole premise behind the pdx amplifiers ... you make great power without a very low ohm load so the bass is tighter and cleaner. not that it really matters for bass because it doesnt really need to be as clear as your midrange and highs should be.

feel free to question my ability i have nothing to prove i was attempting to be helpful for fear of him making a mistake in his wiring.

PS the nine.1 is actually rated 1200 watts @ 1 ohm w/ 12.5 volts.

PPS by attacking me shows you got a problem dude. you didnt even read what i wrote correctly .. obviously you just wanted to argue. grow up
Old 12-03-2007, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rvpps2rocks
^lol nebsters a lil upset..hah but thanks for having my back not that enrique was offensive to me but i like to choose off brands that you dont see everywhere because alot of companies have great products. I also decided to have the subs inverted that way the sub has more air space and i also like looking at the driver. I might get the cap painted ...not sure yet
its also nice to invert the subs because you dont have to account for the sub displacement in your box .... in other words you are working around exact specs for your sub box and dont have to take into consideration the amount of internal space your magnet and chassis of the sub would take up.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Enrique9876
hahahah i ONLY know alpine... not even close bud. i only mentioned the pdx alpines because they were brought up. there are plenty of companies to chose from and if you want to buy something cheaper then by all means get it.

as far as knowing something id suggest you follow youre own advice.

show me where i said alpine is better than anything please.

alpine is by no means the best company and the single product that you claim to like is their worst. their radios are garbage trust me i own one. low voltage on the pre-out section. and a pitiful equalizer.

hahah ohmage makes me lose credibility? look it up. youre obviously an idiot and im wasting time typing. ohms are a measure of resistance that happen to be used in audio electronics.

if you knew ohms law youd know that as your ohm load decreases your wattage increases but so too does the distortion. which was the whole premise behind the pdx amplifiers ... you make great power without a very low ohm load so the bass is tighter and cleaner. not that it really matters for bass because it doesnt really need to be as clear as your midrange and highs should be.

feel free to question my ability i have nothing to prove i was attempting to be helpful for fear of him making a mistake in his wiring.

PS the nine.1 is actually rated 1200 watts @ 1 ohm w/ 12.5 volts.

PPS by attacking me shows you got a problem dude. you didnt even read what i wrote correctly .. obviously you just wanted to argue. grow up
HAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're RETARDED. ohmage is not a measure of resistance for subwoofers its a measure of IMPEDANCE of subwoofers. and isn't that what i said... 1200 @ 1 @ 12? and i know you want to wire it down for more power..... thats what i said.... dude you're retarded and you give horrible advice
Old 12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

12 is not 12.5 sorry to nitpick but its the truth.

RESISTANCE AND IMPEDANCE ARE INTERCHANGEABLE YOU RETARD.

here is an ohm's law calculation chart why do you look it over and get back to me.

by the way look at what they list as the unit of resistance.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=20
Old 12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no u dumbass. the units are the same but resistance is used for dc current and impedance is for ac current. you can't use them interchangeably because ac is an alternating current therefore the current doesn't stay the same. if you measure the resistance on a subwoofer you wont get 2 or 4 ohms you need to measure the impedance of the sub. impedance includes reactance, and reactance includes effects which vary with frequency due to inductance and capacitance but thats nothing i expect you to know. 12 and 12.5 is very minimal but even then its rated at 12 ish volts not at 14 where your car typically runs. but even then its rated at RMS power not peak power like you stated all amps under 800-900 do. man i'm done with you nothing you say can dig you out. and if you need an ohms law calculation chart you shouldn't be anywhere near electronics
Old 12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i thought ohms had to do with meditation... releasing the all stress and resistance....
Old 12-03-2007, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

to get an MECP certification you NEED to know ohms law ... how can you pretend like its not important?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cause if u break ohms law you don't get a ticket :D
Old 12-03-2007, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha... true that. anyways nebster is right... impedance is a measure of AC while resistance is a measure of DC ... what he neglected to mention is that impedance is a VERY general term and one can ACTUALLY argue resistance a subcategory.

and as always here a link for proof because i like to prove my points as i go.

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae517.cfm
Old 12-03-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea u guys can sit here and fight back and forth but it will never end... its how SL works... well its how any forum works.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
yea u guys can sit here and fight back and forth but it will never end... its how SL works... well its how any forum works.
yeah youre right. nebster you win. listen to him from now on.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alex listens to me. hope u know that
Old 12-03-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gotta love SL! LOL

cant wait to see the finished product! I love your color btw! :D
Old 12-03-2007, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha funny sig... too bad you cant sense the sarcasm in it.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:06 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

the fiberglassing on the wheel wells looks kinda rough.
like there are bubbles in it.
you should post this on fiberglassforums.com
Old 12-03-2007, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i got the bubbles fixed so its all good ill post pics tonight i might be a lil high off resin again though
Old 12-04-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the fleece is hardening now ill get more pix up a lil later
Old 12-04-2007, 01:01 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

sweet, those are some warm and coozy sub boxes. i would be a very sub to go in there.

Quick Reply: Project: High off Resin (UPDATE PG7: 12-10-07)56k DIE