Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Project: High off Resin (UPDATE PG7: 12-10-07)56k DIE

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol
wait till you see them after i put them in my car...i just looked at them and there brown....ahahah and hard. Still need to add matte thought but it was getting dark and i didnt want to rush it
Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice progress!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by nebster
Originally Posted by Enrique9876
hahahah i ONLY know alpine... not even close bud. i only mentioned the pdx alpines because they were brought up. there are plenty of companies to chose from and if you want to buy something cheaper then by all means get it.

as far as knowing something id suggest you follow youre own advice.

show me where i said alpine is better than anything please.

alpine is by no means the best company and the single product that you claim to like is their worst. their radios are garbage trust me i own one. low voltage on the pre-out section. and a pitiful equalizer.

hahah ohmage makes me lose credibility? look it up. youre obviously an idiot and im wasting time typing. ohms are a measure of resistance that happen to be used in audio electronics.

if you knew ohms law youd know that as your ohm load decreases your wattage increases but so too does the distortion. which was the whole premise behind the pdx amplifiers ... you make great power without a very low ohm load so the bass is tighter and cleaner. not that it really matters for bass because it doesnt really need to be as clear as your midrange and highs should be.

feel free to question my ability i have nothing to prove i was attempting to be helpful for fear of him making a mistake in his wiring.

PS the nine.1 is actually rated 1200 watts @ 1 ohm w/ 12.5 volts.

PPS by attacking me shows you got a problem dude. you didnt even read what i wrote correctly .. obviously you just wanted to argue. grow up
HAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're RETARDED. ohmage is not a measure of resistance for subwoofers its a measure of IMPEDANCE of subwoofers. and isn't that what i said... 1200 @ 1 @ 12? and i know you want to wire it down for more power..... thats what i said.... dude you're retarded and you give horrible advice

Hate to add to the mess...but impedance and resistance.. in lamein terms are the same thing..They both in general mean the opposition to a voltage drop or electric current...and it can overlap in other means such as EM waves, sound waves, etc..thats just my two cents...no need to argue but since I am spending my college life studying EE I had to throw that in
Old 12-04-2007, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ thank you. and no fuel to the fire. just a factual post.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so how do you like my enclosure

Old 12-04-2007, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BLKLIMETC
Originally Posted by nebster
Originally Posted by Enrique9876
hahahah i ONLY know alpine... not even close bud. i only mentioned the pdx alpines because they were brought up. there are plenty of companies to chose from and if you want to buy something cheaper then by all means get it.

as far as knowing something id suggest you follow youre own advice.

show me where i said alpine is better than anything please.

alpine is by no means the best company and the single product that you claim to like is their worst. their radios are garbage trust me i own one. low voltage on the pre-out section. and a pitiful equalizer.

hahah ohmage makes me lose credibility? look it up. youre obviously an idiot and im wasting time typing. ohms are a measure of resistance that happen to be used in audio electronics.

if you knew ohms law youd know that as your ohm load decreases your wattage increases but so too does the distortion. which was the whole premise behind the pdx amplifiers ... you make great power without a very low ohm load so the bass is tighter and cleaner. not that it really matters for bass because it doesnt really need to be as clear as your midrange and highs should be.

feel free to question my ability i have nothing to prove i was attempting to be helpful for fear of him making a mistake in his wiring.

PS the nine.1 is actually rated 1200 watts @ 1 ohm w/ 12.5 volts.

PPS by attacking me shows you got a problem dude. you didnt even read what i wrote correctly .. obviously you just wanted to argue. grow up
HAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're RETARDED. ohmage is not a measure of resistance for subwoofers its a measure of IMPEDANCE of subwoofers. and isn't that what i said... 1200 @ 1 @ 12? and i know you want to wire it down for more power..... thats what i said.... dude you're retarded and you give horrible advice

Hate to add to the mess...but impedance and resistance.. in lamein terms are the same thing..They both in general mean the opposition to a voltage drop or electric current...and it can overlap in other means such as EM waves, sound waves, etc..thats just my two cents...no need to argue but since I am spending my college life studying EE I had to throw that in
in lamens terms yes but when he had to distinguish between 12 and 12.4 i thought we were way beyond lamens terms. once again ohmage doesn't not exist its impedance or resistance you can't say ohmage. thats like saying amperage. both amperage and ohmage are not correct in the world of electrical circuits. enrique you are the reason i don't trust any audio shops
Old 12-04-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright id appreciate it if we put some ice on the fire and let the argueing be restricted to PM's
Old 12-04-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

done
Old 12-04-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank you
Old 12-04-2007, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

looking good!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they look big.... but nice!
Old 12-04-2007, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what do you mean big....its a big woofer
Old 12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when you get to the finishing i suggest matting the ____ out of the inside seam and then taking a dremel and cutting off the overlap. that will make the outside edge very clean and it should look very good. i dunno if you're going to paint it or cover it but i think painting it will be sweet. what are your plans for the amp rack?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what do you mean matting the inside seam. around the edge of the box or on the inside of the box. the amp rack, i was saw how ppl flush mount there amp kinda where its behind a board. and i liked the way that looked so im gunna cut a sheet of mdf and cut a shape out in the center and then fiberglass that to the amp rack you see i built. i have an idea of how i can make it so the facia comes off the amp rack so i can get to the amp
Old 12-04-2007, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Q: How do you calculate what the volume is before you glass? I tried an MDF box for my application but it just won't fit well and retain support, so now I am looking to glass so it hugs the sidewall and makes better use of the curved space. I was planning on building a square cardboard box to internal volume dimensions, lining it with a plastic bag, then filling it with styrafoam or plastic beads, something that is squishy, takes up volume and doesn't compress too much.

I would then take this bag out of the box and tape it up to the sidewall to get an idea of how far out the front would need to come, then fabricate a frame to glass over to get the right internal volume. How did you do it? or did you just guesstimate and then check with sand after it was built?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can either measure how much cu vol you need with packing peanuts and put the amount of peanuts you need into a bag accourding to how much air space you need...or do what i did and have a professional help you out
Old 12-04-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

amp rack similiar to this but glassed on the sides and maybe top
Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rvpps2rocks
what do you mean big....its a big woofer
i was just saying that the boxes themselves look big. how many cuft is each one?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

around 1.2 and if there too big which i doubt i can just fill it with foam or throw some 2x4 or something in there
Old 12-04-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well they have to be big their 12's not 10's.... weve mainly only seen similar setups with 10" subs, thats why they look big, it should sound really good, put some polyfill in their too!

Quick Reply: Project: High off Resin (UPDATE PG7: 12-10-07)56k DIE