Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Quantum Audio set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Quantum Audio set up

I'm looking at doing a doing a 12" set up in the car and because I'm uneducated in the field of audio i was wondering if this is a "good" setup?

sub (Q12D2SPL)
http://www.audiodiscounters.com/shop...2SPL-p-28.html

amp (QCA4500D)
http://www.audiodiscounters.com/shop...00D-p-118.html

Also any experience with Quantum Audio I've heard good thing, but never seen a set up live.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

depends on what you are looking for sound wise......loud and not very clean or clean and loud.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be honest im not even sure what the difference between SPL and QCW are I know that amp i have picked out will push the sub with about half the power it puts out (thinking about going 2 sub at some point) id like to have a clean and loud set up however.

EDIT: I did some quick research and this is what i got

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPL is sound pressure level. which pretty much means how loud the sub will go. if its a "SPL" woofer, it means its not meant to sound good, its just meant to pound your brains out.

Or if you talking the SPL rating on the subwoofer, what that is, is how efficent the sub is. they feed it 1 watt, and see how loud it is. most subs are in the mid to high 80s. few are in the 90s. higher the number the better.

i guess the opposite of SPL would be SQ. which is Sound Quality. these are woofers that will sound awesome, but wont pound your brains out. the'll pound, just not as loud.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now i guess the question is can your run both a SPL sub and a QCW? Will it have a combining effect or will it just suffer?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by STlTCHES
So now i guess the question is can your run both a SPL sub and a QCW? Will it have a combining effect or will it just suffer?
There have been many people that run both, two different subwoofer systems in their vehicle, BUT they don't run both at the same time. You either run the SPL system or the SQ, as both together sounds like poo.

Their outputs will combine at some frequencies and cancel at others, so the overall response would be very uneven. Maybe you should take some time to listen to other peoples systems, find out what sound you like, see what equipment they have, and then you'll get an idea of what might be best for your system.