Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Ravelco?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:18 PM

Default Ravelco?

Do any of you know of the Sercurity System Ravelco? I've been planning on getting it in my tC for a while now but, I want to make sure it's reliable first. It's supposedly unbeatable and almost 4 million units sold and not one theft. What do any of you know/think about Ravelco? I need that piece of mind you know.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ha... i remember these being called something else before... honestly... i think its kinda... well... stupid.. vehicle manufactures spend big money on car with transponders in the keys to kept them from being stolen easily... if a thief is in it to take the car and not stuff inside it its going on a flatbed or enclosed trailer and then brought to a shop to be stripped in 20 mins and left there not able to start... lol...

now the next thing is i would feel incredibly uncomfortable cutting into a cars computer like the device says to keep it from starting... Murphy's law all over that... just not worth it to me...

i still feel theft of the entire vehicle is not entirely preventable because of how thieves are doing it these days... stuff inside it is with a good alarm can protect it 50% of the time...
Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 PM

Yeah, I kinda didn't like the idea of cutting into the onboard computer. As far as towing goes, you can get a tilt/motion sensor so if someone tries to tow it, I get a page. I'm never that far away from my scion neither so, I don't think someone is gonna just tow it without me knowing. I'd be out there in 2 seconds. I'm definitly installing an alarm, complete with tilt sensors, hood sensors, glass break sensors, 2mile LCD pager and a back-up battery. I just wanted more opinions on revelco but, I'm currently not considering it really. Besides, they're all petty car thieves in my area anyways with mercedes bens' across the street from me. So, if anybody has to worry, it's them
Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TcEnthusiast
Yeah, I kinda didn't like the idea of cutting into the onboard computer. As far as towing goes, you can get a tilt/motion sensor so if someone tries to tow it, I get a page. I'm never that far away from my scion neither so, I don't think someone is gonna just tow it without me knowing. I'd be out there in 2 seconds. I'm definitly installing an alarm, complete with tilt sensors, hood sensors, glass break sensors, 2mile LCD pager and a back-up battery. I just wanted more opinions on revelco but, I'm currently not considering it really. Besides, they're all petty car thieves in my area anyways with mercedes bens' across the street from me. So, if anybody has to worry, it's them
If a thief is going to tow you, he'll probably just cut your battery entirely first. No power, no tilt sensor, no alarm. Even with a back up battery, there's only a few places you can place it unless you start getting really creative.

If someone wants to steal your vehicle in the middle of the night, they'll run up to your car, trip the alarm, and then run off and hide. You come roaring out of your place in your PJ's, see that no one's there, reset your alarm and go back inside. Then, the thief will just keep repeating it until you get sick of your alarm going off for apparantly no reason and then, when you turn off your alarm, the thief is free and clear.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

get lojack in motion..........the moment the car moves and your transponder is not in it they call you and the police.

my transponder for it came off of where they sticky taped it to the body panel and they called me to say my car was being stolen......I loked out hte window and was like.......ok.....it appears to be sittign right there,but lojack in motion will react in earthquakes even.....cuase they asked if we jsut had one in the area,I was like no.........

found out later it was the sensor had come off the body panel due to the installer not screwing it on like he should of........
Old 06-05-2009, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let's face it; the real question is:

Does anyone really care to steal a Scion tC?

Your aftermarket stuff, maybe. But the whole car? Not likely.