Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

RE SX sub-Elemental Designs nine.1 amp *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by J_A_Trevino
that setup is the poopie
i meant that setup is awsome you know like thats the sh@* but everytime i post the word sh@* it turns into poopie but i really like that setup and am hoping to try some re's in the future.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not a fan of MDF boxes. Looks nice though for what it is even though its not my style.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by makubex
lol Ya I know most of you have never heard of RE cause most people think that Rockford Fosgate, apine, sony:, or even bazooka subs are really great subs. No no no my friends they are nothing in compairison to RE's subs muhaha.
Lets put it this way you can take any of the brands I listed above and plug it into wall current an pop the sub in a sec, now take a RE MT sub and it will think your just tickling it. All though I said all of the subs above im worng the only one above that make a sub that can do the same as a MT is a Team Rockford Fosgate sub but good luck getting one of them they dont come cheap and there hard to find.

Also to the guy who said the set up looks "poopi" why thats what its supposed to look like what you want him to put in a sealed box id want to smack him for that ,you would be waisting the potential of that sub in a sealed box and you need that much box for that sub and oh god will that sub get loud.
Damn does someone have an RE boner. haha.

The MT may be a damn nice sub but you would need a whole electrical system upgrade not to mention a 2500+ watt amp just for it to reach its potential. It may be worth it to the everyday SPL competitor but to the average audio enthusiast it wouldn't.

IMO, from your list, Alpine Type R's and Type X's can be compared to RE RE's and SX's in the SQ department. ;). It's all installation dependent.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i got a 15in mojo with a 5cube box. its very loud and only getting like 500 watts, i was gonna by the XXX sub but i wanted to get memphis
Old 07-14-2005, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectD
Originally Posted by soldiercontreras
Originally Posted by mandos
Did you get that special camo Nine.1?

j/k...looks good. Amazed you fit that box w/o messing up your hatch panels.
I can't put pics of the ED because it underneath the cover in the right bottom compartment of the tC. I will try to see if I can move the box back enough to get a snapsnot.
Aren't you worried about ventalation?
No, I have seen similiar setups so it should be fine. Been almost 3 weeks and no problems and hopefully none in the future.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes I do have a RE Boner
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html
go there and check out RE Audio vids. I used to have a vid of them doing it to wall current for about 45 min and then it finnaly over heated the voice coil. But at least you can see what the SX can do there great subs for the money. And I do have an amp that can play a MT its a Lanzar opti 4000(4000rms amp) I just didnt fell like spending the 500$ on one when there new prototype sub comes out this fall it will be as powerfull as the MT but have a 5" excursion muhaha there is a vid of that in there from last year.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also why take up your hole trunk for a sub box
1. its loud and it for fun and show off.
2. thats what your back seats are for if you need to put anyting in your car, I mean dang the Tc anit a Family car so if you shop drop them in back if you have friends that wanna ride drop the stuff of at home first.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also why take up your hole trunk for a sub box
1. its loud and it for fun and show off.
2. thats what your back seats are for if you need to put anyting in your car, I mean dang the Tc anit a Family car so if you shop drop them in back if you have friends that wanna ride drop the stuff of at home first.
Werd. I am a single dude so what do I care about trunkspace.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes I do have a RE Boner
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html
go there and check out RE Audio vids. I used to have a vid of them doing it to wall current for about 45 min and then it finnaly over heated the voice coil. But at least you can see what the SX can do there great subs for the money. And I do have an amp that can play a MT its a Lanzar opti 4000(4000rms amp) I just didnt fell like spending the 500$ on one when there new prototype sub comes out this fall it will be as powerfull as the MT but have a 5" excursion muhaha there is a vid of that in there from last year.
Heck yeah 289 for this sub ain't bad for what it can do.