Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Satellite Radio Scroll – Stock Radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member

Default Satellite Radio Scroll – Stock Radio

I have the basic stock radio in my 06 tC and I have only one real complaint…the damn Sirius Crawl doesn’t move on the radio…I listen to Howard Ste….because that’s all it shows me….also when listening to the music stations it will only tell you part of the song title or band name not the entire titles….does anyone have the same issue and do you know the fix for it…Did I miss something in the manual about this…I found the stupid thing about changing the EQ for they type car you have but haven’t found anything about this yet…

Anyway…Got anything let me know…

Pulling my hair out listening to Howard Ste
[/b]
Old 06-22-2006, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im sooo angry about that too!! Its a real pain when ur listening to any music channel and you cant see the whole song!!!! I guess thats just how the sirius brain is programed unfortunatly. It's definatly something in the brain thats having it cut off like that. Im gonna try and call pioneer on monday since its a pioneer issue but i bet they'll say theres nothing you can do. If there is i will definatly post the fix on here.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member

Well I'm thinking there is something that we just don't know about to do to get it to go....I base this on when I set up my account...the ID number I gave them off the Radio itself didn't all show up on the display so I know I had to do something to get the final 4 or 5 numbers but I can't figure it out...
Old 06-22-2006, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member

This is a problem with your deck and not with Sirius. I have a Clarion deck with Sirius and I cant see the full name either unless I have the scroll option on, which I do. Check your manual or swing by your dealer and ask them how to make yours scroll.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member

Been there done that...and it's T's on Bull...my dealer is only interested it seems in selling and serviceing the car not the customer...not really happy with them...But on the other hand I've sent E-Mail to Pioneer who made the radio people are telling me and I'll be waiting with foolish anticipation for thier answer.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member

you may want to try another dealer...or, did you check you manuals?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member

I've checked the Manuals...I've checked the web over the past 5 months can't find a thing...
Old 06-22-2006, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member

I guess my last advice would be to either take it to another dealer, and ask to speak with a tech, or just sit there and fiddle with the radio for a while, thats how I found the scroll option on my clarion. It was burried in the settings menu somewhere. Good luck man
Old 06-22-2006, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member

I was just contacted by phone from a Pioneer the they guy said it's a messed up situation he doesn't know about but he promisses to get back to me by tomorrow...The Answer to the issue is soon to come.....
Old 06-24-2006, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member

Well Pioneer on 3 calls has told me to contact Toyota because they don't have anything to do with the whole stock radios they only service the aftermarket Pioneer Radios...So back to the drawing boards...