Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Scion tC Interior Light Illumination Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion tC Interior Light Illumination Kit

does anyone have the scion tc interior illunination kit, i just wanted to know how its stacking up before i decide to buy, or is there a better choice out there...i am wanting to do it in blue
Old 07-03-2007, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, don't buy that kit. Its too expensive and over rated. you can do one yourself like me and many others here have for way cheaper and it will look a lot better and brighter. Just buy the LED / NEONS yourself and do it. The kit from scion looks wierd when installed. it hangs down and can be easily kicked and damaged. DIY and you'll be more happy.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ScionJim23
dude, don't buy that kit. Its too expensive and over rated. you can do one yourself like me and many others here have for way cheaper and it will look a lot better and brighter. Just buy the LED / NEONS yourself and do it. The kit from scion looks wierd when installed. it hangs down and can be easily kicked and damaged. DIY and you'll be more happy.
x2 you can get better parts for a lot less!

take a look at http://www.oznium.com/
Old 07-03-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or www.randode.com

His kit is more expensive but its plug & play and much brighter than OEM or Oznium's
Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i bought the 2 cold cathodes kit from oznium, now how do i set up my Cup Holder LED Lighting..even though the dealer lighting system is junk, it included everything..should i just keep my friends dealer lighting system that he never opened and used, because he wrecked his car, then gave it to me, and just use that portion for my cupholder, or buy randode.com's cup holder kit..$30.00
Old 07-04-2007, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn dude, $30 is a lot. I got my LEDs all at PepBoys. My cupholder ones cost me $6.99 and I got 3 in the pack and they are extremely bright blue. $30 is still a lot of money but not as bad as scions lighting. I didn't even use cold cathodes in my car. I just purchased a bunch of these little Pilot LED's that are prewired with resistors and are extremely bright. I then drilled and custom fitted them to sit flush in the footwell side panels, cupholders, and glove compartment. i then wired them all to rocker switches. They work and look great in my car. And the best part is, they take up ZERO room and i cannot accidently break them and most people don't realize i have the lights in the car until i turn them on. They are very unnoticable in the morning visually unless they are on due to them sitting flush in the footwells unlike cold cathodes that stick down and are big tubes. These type of lights in my opinion are better. They give off jsut the right amount of light without over doing it like cathodes. Those things are way to bright and goofy looking. I didnt want too much nor too little of light so these small prewired blue pilot lights worked great....and they are also cheap to replace if needed (mine are still running strong after a year and a few months) Good luck.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eh the only quell with the Scion installed interior lights... the tubes are exposed.

My rule of thumb, if i can see whats emitting the light....its trash
Old 07-04-2007, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2^