Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sound Deadening Doors (Mini Walkthrough)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by guerro
Originally Posted by tC_skier
subscribing
You are probably not going to get much by subscribing to this thread since 1) it is over 3 months old and you pretty much just brought it back from the dead, and 2) there is an entire thread on gutting and deadening in the link posted in the last post of this thread.

i was subscribing so i could get back to it when i do my install this weekend, not to bump it up cause i expect more information etc. i just need the pictures.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

subscribing
You are probably not going to get much by subscribing to this thread since 1) it is over 3 months old and you pretty much just brought it back from the dead, and 2) there is an entire thread on gutting and deadening in the link posted in the last post of this thread.

i was subscribing so i could get back to it when i do my install this weekend, not to bump it up cause i expect more information etc. i just need the pictures.
And I was telling you that you don't need to "subscribe" to the thread by posting. There is a link at the bottom of each page of the thread that says "watch this topic for new posts". Who's the now? You might get the pictures. But the thread was in the circular file until you resurrected it. Good luck with your install. I am starting mine tomorrow also.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lil_will
Raamat is not ashphalt based, therefore there is no bad smell!
Actually, from the deadening showdown:

"B-Quiet Ultimate and RAAMmat BXT. The adhesive layer is butyl for greater temperature resistance and odor control than the SBR/Asphalt mats. Asphalt is added to the butyl to add mass because it is inexpensive. This reduces the beneficial aspects of butyl to some extent, but they are demonstrably superior to the SBR/Asphalt products. They melt at a substantially higher temperature and stay flexible to a lower temperature."

But I think it is safe to say that there is little or no odor because I used the RAAMmat on the rear spare tire area of my car about 3 days ago and so far there is absolutely no smell whatsoever.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

subscribing

And I was telling you that you don't need to "subscribe" to the thread by posting. There is a link at the bottom of each page of the thread that says "watch this topic for new posts". Who's the now? You might get the pictures. But the thread was in the circular file until you resurrected it. Good luck with your install. I am starting mine tomorrow also.
yeah and if you press "watch this topic etc" it gets filed with all the posts that were last updated on september 14. i didnt feel like digging through 10 pages of posts to get there, so i made a post. maybe it'll help someone who's looking for something like this. deal with its resurrection, it wont harm you too much.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, take a guess at how long I was in Home Depot searching for gutter guard.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:01 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

lol, it took me a while to find what I was looking for!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

subscribing

yeah and if you press "watch this topic etc" it gets filed with all the posts that were last updated on september 14. i didnt feel like digging through 10 pages of posts to get there, so i made a post. maybe it'll help someone who's looking for something like this. deal with its resurrection, it wont harm you too much.
Brilliant!!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I want to deaden my doors...but I'm so lazy...I was planning on using just RAAMat. Is Ensolite really worth it?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeaponX6X
I want to deaden my doors...but I'm so lazy...I was planning on using just RAAMat. Is Ensolite really worth it?
I'm wondering the same thing. What is Ensolite anyways?

Also, lil_will! How did you keep the aluminum in place?
Old 12-29-2006, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would like to know this as well. also can you guys point me in the right direction as to find a DIY for speaker swap to larger speakers of 6.5 especially in the rear. Thanks
Old 12-30-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rub3414
i would like to know this as well. also can you guys point me in the right direction as to find a DIY for speaker swap to larger speakers of 6.5 especially in the rear. Thanks
All you need is an MDF spacer/adapter.

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/in...showtopic=5506

Mine will be in Monday or Tuesday.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or you can just cut them out of 3/4 inch MDF. Do a search for baffle pdf and you should find a nice pdf file of a template you can use to make your own.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

elemental designs also sells some high quality ones (i have 2 pairs) for $20/pair of baffles
Old 12-30-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

elemental designs also sells some high quality ones (i have 2 pairs) for $20/pair of baffles
Do you know if those work for the rear speakers as well? I wasn't sure, so I went with what I knew would be right.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

im not sure, but just give em a call and they'll be able to help you, or talk to chris here on SL (username: mandos)...their number is 858-605-1356
Old 12-31-2006, 12:46 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I just used screws to hold the aluminum on.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member

Will, Can you post up how much heavier the door feels? How many lbs do you think you added? As well, what was the change like on the outside noise reduction and how much more solid do your tunes sound? Great thread!
Old 12-31-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lil_will
I just used screws to hold the aluminum on.
Did you drill holes or is there a few convenient ones? And thanks for the help tC_skier, but i've already ordered the MDF baffles from Alpman over on YSTC.com. I've talked to Chris before too, good guy.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yo lil will nice effin ride! but question with the smoked rear lights are thoes actuall like window tint over the lights or is it a whole different thing if so where can i get some ?
Old 12-31-2006, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

no prob zeb. will, JTT did those didn't he?

Quick Reply: Sound Deadening Doors (Mini Walkthrough)