Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Stereo Upgrade..need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Default Stereo Upgrade..need suggestions

Hey there,

I don't really know anything about automotive audio, so I will need some assistance.

I know that I want to stick with Pioneer. I currently drive a 2006 tC, and the original stock stereo system is what I have been using. I would like to upgrade to something that does the following:

allows me to use steering wheel controls
plays dvd's
allows me to use my ipod if i want
has bluetooth
is touchscreen
navigation really isn't necessary...my cell phone uses navigation so i don't really need it

I like the stock speakers, and i have installed the bazooka 10" as well. I really like the way that combo sounds together.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what they have used? Please help!
Old 05-27-2009, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Sounds like a decent stock setup to begin with on the 06. I'm happy with the upgraded Premium Pioneer setup on my 08 that has the under-floor sub... I can actually use my trunk space :D
As far as what aftermarket Pioneer head units would still be compatible with our stock steering wheel controls....that might be a good question to ask a local good custom audio shop. I used to live in Phoenix but it's been a couple years so I'm not sure who would be best out there now.
OR.... you could shop around to see who might have the top end Nav/touch screen head unit that went into the Scions...and see if they can make it work in a 2006. That would probably be your best bet for still being able to use the steering audio controls. Just my 2 cents... hope that helps
Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 PM

There are a few pioneer models that would fit your needs.

I've been looking at the F700BT [navigation] myself. It allows iPod and steering wheel controls. Both are additional parts to buy though. I'm not too familiar with the DVD units. However, I do know that the f700BT does not play DVDs. However you can use an iPod to watch movies with a hack. The link below shows a few different models on sonicelectronix.

Pioneer Models Sonic Electronix[/url]