Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

stock sub help

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default stock sub help

okay guys. so i have a 2010 scion tc. so i had my subs and amp installed at a shop. i have the stock head unit so when they wired it up, they connected the line out converter to the stock sub. one day, i decided to take apart my whole sound system, had it out for about a couple weeks or so, but my stock sub was still working. then i decided to install my subs/amp back in and remove my stock sub. so i rewired the line out converter to the right rear speaker. i kept my stock sub in my patio for about a week or so, no damage to it at all. then recently, i wanted space in my trunk again so i wanted to removed my subs/amp and put my stock sub back in. when i plug it in, it doesnt work anymore. even when i have both my aftermarket subs/amp AND the stock sub connected, only the aftermarket stuff works. stock will not work. even if i disconnect the aftermarket and leave only the stock, still doesnt work.

any help guys?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dumb question, but did you make sure the connector is plugged in as far as it will go? When I had my TYC tailights installed at the dealership when my car was brand new, the sub didn't work after they got done with it. I check the plug, and forced it together, and it clicked and then it worked again.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check the plug of the stock sub, if you left it outside then the pins could of had rusted and then your out of luck, also your line out convertor should of had been wired to one of your rear speakers to begin with but atleast you fixed that. are you still using the oem headunit or an aftermarket, or have you changed to another year oem headunit? also try disconnecting the rca's from the line out convertor, btw where did the shop you got the aftermarket stuff installed at wire the remote lead to the amp?