Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Stupid Cheap Sunvisors - they both broke - WTF!!!????

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:02 PM

Default Stupid Cheap Sunvisors - they both broke - WTF!!!????

Has anyone else encountered this, both of my sunvisors broke (05 tC) within a week of each other. Anybody know where to get one because I'm not paying $40 each for that ____e from the dealers. And I've been trying to get it covered under warranty but it doesn't seem like they are gonna replace them. I keep getting "Let me check and we'll call you back" - then no call back. WTF Yota???
Old 08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How many miles do you have? What is your warranty coverage?

As long as you never had anything attached to them or hanging off of them, they should be covered under warranty if yours is still valid.

I have an 05 and mine are fine. But they honestly rarely get used (good sunglasses ftw).

PM trdsparks on here and ask how much they'll sell them for. Usually cheaper than your local dealer.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

any 05 no longer has warranty, passed the 3 years mark.

Unless you were dumb enough to buy extended warranty.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes... my drivers side visor broke...My tC is an '05 like yours...

I already emailed TRDsparks and they gave part number 74320-21150-b1 and they could sell it to me for $45.05...
Old 08-22-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ I'm "dumb enough." Mine is through 6yr or 75k... approaching 75k faster than 6 yr. But I have used that extended warranty already and actually have to make another appt soon before it runs out (to clean lube the sunroof, since I don't want to bother with it).
Old 08-22-2008, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dwaine
Yes... my drivers side visor broke...My tC is an '05 like yours...

I already emailed TRDsparks and they gave part number 74320-21150-b1 and they could sell it to me for $45.05...
Then that's the best you'll find. Unless you can call around the local junk yards to see if they have any tCs. Or watch eBay for someone parting a wreck or something.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

how the heck do they just "break"

the only time i use mine are when i need to keep my sunshades up. lol
Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ That's what I was wondering...they "just broke"?

How/where exactly did they break, like did they fall off, crumble to pieces, snap in 2, just the pop in-out nub broke off or what?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ you know how the arm that holds the visor is attatched the the headliner and the other side goes into the visor??? The end that goes into the visor the arm that holds it so you can pull it down and push it up became "un-glued" i guess... if I don't push right I can see the little tab inside the visor has became un-attached...

I can take a pic i alittle bit...
Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you must have been pulling down then... either way no visors ftw!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i never heard anything... just one time I went to put it up and it wouldn't and now I have to put the visor up with the palm of my hand at the corner where the arm enters the visor...
Old 08-22-2008, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went to go take a pic and I can't see the little tab anymore... I guess because I have pushed on it so much... I can still feel the little tab but u can't see it with a camera...
Old 08-22-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how do you break the sunvisor on a new car, my 95 camry still has it's sunvisors intact.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uhhhh..... its not exactly a new car....

Have you not noticed the other cheap products that are on your tc???

glass, metal parts of the body dent way to easily( no dents on my car but I have seen various tc's with this problem from somebody leaning on their car).... the freakin seats stain if u get WATER on them??? do I need to mention paint???
do I need to continue???
Old 08-23-2008, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

glass, metal parts of the body dent way to easily( no dents on my car but I have seen various tc's with this problem from somebody leaning on their car).... the freakin seats stain if u get WATER on them??? do I need to mention paint???
do I need to continue???
When your talking about body dents, I hopt you don't mean the doors, because I think they're built like that, i most cars if you lean on the door it has a tendency to flop inwards. But I think it's to absorb impact when hit from the side. The seat stain, is because the seats are black, you can remove it with upholstery cleaner. lol And the paint. I dunno. I haven't seen any chipping or any such. I guess I like my car. lol. I don't really see anything wrong with it as long as I take care of it.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thekidblue

do I need to continue???
When your talking about body dents, I hopt you don't mean the doors, because I think they're built like that, i most cars if you lean on the door it has a tendency to flop inwards. But I think it's to absorb impact when hit from the side. The seat stain, is because the seats are black, you can remove it with upholstery cleaner. lol And the paint. I dunno. I haven't seen any chipping or any such. I guess I like my car. lol. I don't really see anything wrong with it as long as I take care of it.
Well yes I know they are supposed to bend inwards.. but I have seen several scions with dents on the door and the front fenders.... true you can remove the stains, i do it myself to my car.. but still water??? leaves a mark?? just not right haha...
As for paint my friend.. you must be the only one that doesn't have several rock chips in your front bumper and hood...lol Did you just get your tc or do you only drive a few miles a day???
Old 08-23-2008, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do I need to continue???
Well yes I know they are supposed to bend inwards.. but I have seen several scions with dents on the door and the front fenders.... true you can remove the stains, i do it myself to my car.. but still water??? leaves a mark?? just not right haha...
As for paint my friend.. you must be the only one that doesn't have several rock chips in your front bumper and hood...lol Did you just get your tc or do you only drive a few miles a day???
lol dude it's a front bumper. That's the reason they have front bumper covers. It's unavoidable. Bumpers take damages just like windshields. I've had my car for 2 and half years.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by O5_TRD_tC
any 05 no longer has warranty, passed the 3 years mark.

Unless you were dumb enough to buy extended warranty.

If someone was "dumb enough" to buy an extended warranty, wouldn't they be getting this issue fixed UNDER WARRANTY??

Maybe I missed something in your logic!
Old 08-23-2008, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do I need to continue???
lol dude it's a front bumper. That's the reason they have front bumper covers. It's unavoidable. Bumpers take damages just like windshields. I've had my car for 2 and half years.
true.. very true haha
Old 12-10-2008, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my driver side magically broke too and Scion wants $67 for a new one! wtf?!