Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sub recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Originally Posted by Zebman
That was a D2 sub bridged. You'll bridge two D4 9kv.2s wired parallel on a Nine.2 to extract 400 watts out of it (200 each).
The Nine.2X is putting out:
200 x 2 @ 4ohm

The Nine.2 is putting out:
1 x 400 @ 4Ohm, 2 x 150 @ 2Ohm
2 x 100 @ 4Ohm
You'll have to run two RCA cables (which means two LOCs if you have the stock head unit), and if you have an aftermarket HU, you'll still have to have two runs of RCAs for effectively nothing. There is no reason to run two subs on two different channels. But if you can't be talked out of it, you can shell out the extra money for the Nine.2x.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
That was a D2 sub bridged. You'll bridge two D4 9kv.2s wired parallel on a Nine.2 to extract 400 watts out of it (200 each).
The Nine.2X is putting out:
200 x 2 @ 4ohm

The Nine.2 is putting out:
1 x 400 @ 4Ohm, 2 x 150 @ 2Ohm
2 x 100 @ 4Ohm
You'll have to run two RCA cables (which means two LOCs if you have the stock head unit), and if you have an aftermarket HU, you'll still have to have two runs of RCAs for effectively nothing. There is no reason to run two subs on two different channels. But if you can't be talked out of it, you can shell out the extra money for the Nine.2x.
no way - im not running 2 sets for RCA's for my subs. Can you go on AIM - I added you to my list but your either not online or im blocked. Sounds like you can help me w/ a few questions. Ive fallen out of the car audio game a long time ago.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nah, just get rca splitters (1-2, 2-4). no need to run 2 LOC's and 2 RCA's all the way back.

man, its really not that confusing. just pick the subs you want, determine how you are going to wire them to get the lowest load/impedance (ohms). then find an amp that puts out [close to] the recommended wattage at that load.

if you "forget" car stereo because you've "been out of the game for a while" then perhaps its best to let a professional shop handle the work for you, so you don't fry you amp or blowout the subs...

good luck. PM me with any questions. though i don't know ED stuff, if thats what you're set on going with. THough i would strongly advise you to broaden your horizons a bit and possibly find a higher quality sub for the same or less money.

go on some online car stereo forums or other auto forums and ask those people too. ED is only known to scion people. YOu should try to get unbiased opinions before you make a decision imo.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

True, you could split it at the end off of one LOC. My arguement was mainly for emphasizing how you wouldn't need two channels for subs unless you want one to handle higher/lower frequencies than the other.

I have an ED 13O.v2, and everybody here is not exaggerating their praise. That things sounds great, and I haven't even gotten it into a box yet. It is a good thing to look around, but it's unlikely that anybody will be disappointed with an ED product.

I've mentioned the setup he wants, it's just been a little scattered. So, here it is:

Nine.2
Two D4 9k.v2 subwoofers

Wire the two subs parallel for a final resistance of 4 ohms. To do this, look at the Subwoofer Diagram on www.edesignaudio.com (the one I posted earlier in this thread). On the Nine.2, two positive and negative terminals will be marked for bridged power. You'll want to use those when connecting. The end result is 400x1 @4ohms, 200 to each, which is the RMS of those subs.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by StealthScion
man, its really not that confusing. just pick the subs you want, determine how you are going to wire them to get the lowest load/impedance (ohms). then find an amp that puts out [close to] the recommended wattage at that load.

if you "forget" car stereo because you've "been out of the game for a while" then perhaps its best to let a professional shop handle the work for you, so you don't fry you amp or blowout the subs...
It’s not that it’s hard - I just need people like yourself to give me a 2second refresh and words of wisdom. No doubt I could figure it out by reading but with reading and the help of the forum I am able to make the best choices I can. I want to do things right the first time and praise myself for taking the time in planning it out.

I am going to go with:
One - Nine.2
Two - D4 9k.v2 subwoofers
One - Dual sealed box designed for the subs

The sub market has greatly picked up its game in the last 6-9years. There are so many options and solutions. Looking at subs and seeing many that are priced accordingly, rated high, and have nice power handling - that makes for good products but decisions are tough on what to pick.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Elemental!!