Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Thinking About An Interior Makeover

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Default Thinking About An Interior Makeover

Long story short, I've got a little extra cash to play with and I'm probably going to be driving the tC a while longer. So, I'm thinking about a little makeover for the interior so that I can have a nice, comfy, yet still sporty/aggressive looking interior. I spend a lot of my time in my car driving 30-40+ minutes one-way to school and work, plus the drive home every weekday; so I want to make spruce things up a little to make the rides enjoyable.

So far I'm thinking:

1) The waterfall is currently flat black, with a faux-CF vinyl over the center portion that was cut out kinda ghetto-ish. I'll either finish painting the rest of it black, or paint the center OEM silver.

2) Faux-alcantra shift boot (black w/ red stitching) and a new shift ****. Not sure which...something factory looking, but sporty. Mustang shift **** maybe?

3) Possibly looking into the steering wheel re-wrap/packing that someone posted about a long time ago. Also black/red stitching with faux-alcantara if possible.

4) Find some OEM Celica bucket seats, and have them re-upholstered. Also with black alcantara and red stitching. Does anyone know what parts I need to make the seats work in the tC? I know it was done on here once.

If I don't get new seats, I may look into new Clazzio covers. The ones I currently have are starting to crack on the driver's side bottom half.

Any other ideas? I'm not going to bother with audio mods, I personally love the sound of the OEM stereo setup in the tC's.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Headliner and pillars!
black with red obvioiusly.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm in the middle of wrapping my pillars/headliner/inserts/etc and also painting pieces. Its super easy and inexpensive. Well, inexpensive because I am not using a fancy fabric.