Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...
View Poll Results: Did this Post help?
No
88.89%
Yes
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Turning Scion Security Chirps ON / OFF

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

'06 and no button and no mention of chirps in the owner's manual. I wish I could turn on chirps. I always forget if I had locked the car when I walk away and have to get in front or behind it to see the lights flash.

Old 12-29-2005, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i have an 06 and i def do not have that Switch and its ____ing me off bc i hate that my car doesnt chirp, bc when im walking away from it i always have to look back to make sure the lights bling
Old 12-29-2005, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also have an 06 and I have the exact same thing that Jackass just posted. Also my Scion Security Manual doesn't mention anything about chirps. I got my tC this past July...so mine is considered early made 2006. I don't know if they made some changes then. The one with the button security looks aftermarket...it doesn't even have a "Scion Security" on it.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:51 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

izzy.. what you have is definitely an aftermarket one... you dealership may be contracted with another company to be able to provide you with another security system (interested what book/manual you got), but yours is NOT Scion's. if you ordered the Scion Security... that's not what you got. and i'll agree on English where it screams "push me!"... as far as chirping on the actual Scion Security system... i heard both things about being possible and not possible for you to turn on/off chirping. i would have to search around more to get clarification on that.

*EDIT*.. seems not to be possible and many people are glad they don't honk in the first place. (sneaking out, late night returning to home, waking up neighbors... etc.. etc..) there might be programming available to turn on/off passive arming as well as others, but no "chirp"
Old 12-29-2005, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what does the remote look like???

thats the easy way to tell if its aftermarket(or dealer installed) or factory
Old 12-29-2005, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

As with all Toyota's I've ever owned with OEM security, the car will NOT chirp if you use your key to unlock the car.

I personally find great use for the chirp, since I get an audible confirmation of arm/disarm. If I need to be stealth (which is rare), I use the key.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I hope your dealer didn't menu/sell Scion Security and install a less expensive/higher profit system. That would be wrong!

Does your buyer's order (where they listed the options you bought with the car, say Scion Security?
Old 12-29-2005, 05:01 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
what does the remote look like???

thats the easy way to tell if its aftermarket(or dealer installed) or factory
some aftermarket systems are still able to utilize the stock tC key.
Originally Posted by bbcrud
I hope your dealer didn't menu/sell Scion Security and install a less expensive/higher profit system. That would be wrong!

Does your buyer's order (where they listed the options you bought with the car, say Scion Security?
I'm afraid that might be the case as well... does your order say Scion Security?
Old 12-29-2005, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member

There isn't a remote, it's just the scion key.

anyways I went back and looked at all the papers, and the Work to be promised sheet or whatever it was doesnt say anything about any of the options that were installed. I've got the bazooka w/ the amp, and the security. I'm not gonna say scion security cuz from the looks of it, it's not. I guess you find out somethings new everyday, ____ing dealer skumbags

oh when i was at the dealership, they had all the options listed on the work to be done sheet, and it had the sub and alarm installed and when that was done they gave me a new sheet that said everything was completed after i looked at it.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey, you got a chirp! we're envious.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

If anything, you can pretend that it's a Missile Launch system and start lobbing heat-seekers at stupid drivers
Old 12-31-2005, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member

does that alarm you got have shock sensors, crazy siren and all the goodies an aftermarket would have? i didnt get the scion security for my car thinking the car would only honk and flash the lights.

Originally Posted by SSM_tC
If anything, you can pretend that it's a Missile Launch system and start lobbing heat-seekers at stupid drivers
Old 12-31-2005, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by vinh
does that alarm you got have shock sensors, crazy siren and all the goodies an aftermarket would have? i didnt get the scion security for my car thinking the car would only honk and flash the lights.

As a matter of fact, yes, My Compustar does. Any other assumptions?
Old 12-31-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think he directed that elsewhere. He included your post underneath with a rofl emoticon cause he thought it was funny
Old 01-01-2006, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer

I think he directed that elsewhere. He included your post underneath with a rofl emoticon cause he thought it was funny
Ahhhh Gotcha .... thanks engifineer.... the written word truly does suck in conveying humor
Old 01-06-2006, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member

Default Scion tc alarm cjirp

I recently spoke with my Scion service advisor. He said if the car came factory with keyless entry, and you later had the factory alarm installed. There is no chirp feture. I just got a horn, & relays to hook up to the door locks. So when they cycle, the horn chirps. :loser:
Old 01-06-2006, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jackass
'06 and no button and no mention of chirps in the owner's manual. I wish I could turn on chirps. I always forget if I had locked the car when I walk away and have to get in front or behind it to see the lights flash.

Anyone know what that little microphone looking thing under the security light is used for?
Old 01-07-2006, 12:54 AM
pkg
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by R2D2

Anyone know what that little microphone looking thing under the security light is used for?
That is the glass break microphone. Tuned to detect the sound of the glass breaking or being "tapped".
Old 01-07-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

button and LED combo huh? i have that.. that's the KARR alarm system that get's installed at certain dealers.. its a bright blue LED that blinks when armed. I have it on my car.. its cool because i know when my cars locked or not.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pkg
Originally Posted by R2D2

That is the glass break microphone. Tuned to detect the sound of the glass breaking or being "tapped".
yea, and the Scion Security manual tells you to hit or tap your window just hard enough for testing purposes.....i'm afraid of hitting too hard and breaking my window...haha

Quick Reply: Turning Scion Security Chirps ON / OFF