Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...
View Poll Results: Did this Post help?
No
88.89%
Yes
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Turning Scion Security Chirps ON / OFF

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, same hear have an 06 tc and my alarm dont chirp as well . . . Everytime I go somewhere i keep on looking back to make sure i armed the alarm on . . . ANd the only LED i see is the one on the bottom left consule belw the radio that says security on it . .
Old 01-14-2006, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member

Default Alarm chirps

I spoke with the guys at Scion. 06 with factory keyless entry. Then factory Scion alarm installed has no chirp. And there is no way to turn it on.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:03 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i move to LOCK.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by streamline_jdm
Yes, same hear have an 06 tc and my alarm dont chirp as well . . . Everytime I go somewhere i keep on looking back to make sure i armed the alarm on . . . ANd the only LED i see is the one on the bottom left consule belw the radio that says security on it . .
means you don't have scion security... you should have this...
Old 02-02-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Alarm chirps

Originally Posted by jeffmelson

I spoke with the guys at Scion. 06 with factory keyless entry. Then factory Scion alarm installed has no chirp. And there is no way to turn it on.
The manual said that the "chirp"/buzzer is an option... means more $$$ for scion...
Old 02-03-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skrewCYCO

i a 06 tC, with the scion security but i don't have that thing in the switch panel. i told my dealership and they said they wasn't aware of that , however they said i do have it cuz when i push the panic mode it comes on.. but i wish i gotten that switch thing would make me feel better about the scion security lol
Old 02-03-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is definitely an aftermarket security through the scion key system the poster is dealing with here. I've done remote start/security installs for the last 3 years and there isn't one OEM system that incorporates a toggle switch.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:51 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

what switch? it's just an led and little mic for the glass break sensor.. but yeah... if you don't have that.. it's not Scion Security.

and do you mean about pressing the panic button and it turns on? you don't need an alarm system to have your car make noise when you press it.... did the dealership rip you off and say you have a security system that you paid for and really not have anything?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Below is what I beleive the original poster is referring to. Most commonly known as a valet or programming switch. Just about every DEI remote start/security utilizes this to program parking light flash, horn honk, passive/active etc.

Old 02-04-2006, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toupy
Originally Posted by skrewCYCO

i a 06 tC, with the scion security but i don't have that thing in the switch panel. i told my dealership and they said they wasn't aware of that , however they said i do have it cuz when i push the panic mode it comes on.. but i wish i gotten that switch thing would make me feel better about the scion security lol
Um... I own 2 tCs my BCP tC has scion security but my FM tC doesn't... several things both of them has panic mode on the remote and both of them honks whenever you activate it... My BCP I'd set it up to "passive mode" - meaning... as soon as i remove the key off the ignition the alarm would arm after 15-20 secs and simply i have a "Scion Security MANUAL".... My FM doesn't have the "manual" and setting it up to passive mode will not work...
and doesn't have that switch panel thing...

if you don't have the "Scion Security MANUAL", you can still check if you don't have Scion Security... try switching your Scion Security to passive mode...
go here...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35138
it's the same as the tC... I did it... if it works then you have scion security...

don't let those dealers make a fool out of you... if somebody breaks your window and steals your car it wouldn't be their fault... just a li'l advice...

BTW that blinking LED light on your console your dealer is claiming as the "scion security"... it's actually called "Pro guard" Toyota's anti-teft system... it's not an alarm system... i think it's like Lojack but i'm not sure how it works though...

Also check if you have paid for the scion security... they might be trying to rip you off... you'll see it in the paper work of you accessories...
Old 02-04-2006, 10:36 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

it's not like lojack... "scion security" is basically just that mic underneath the LED that detects the glass breaking or tapping (along with a few other miniscule features).. you can smack a car with "scion security" and the alarm won't go off.... but a loud enough tap... it will.

from what you're saying.. this "proguard" that toyota uses might be the same exact setup but relabeled as "scion security"... does the led and mic look the same? i wouldn't know.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
it's not like lojack... "scion security" is basically just that mic underneath the LED that detects the glass breaking or tapping (along with a few other miniscule features).. you can smack a car with "scion security" and the alarm won't go off.... but a loud enough tap... it will.

from what you're saying.. this "proguard" that toyota uses might be the same exact setup but relabeled as "scion security"... does the led and mic look the same? i wouldn't know.
Scion Security is different from Pro Guard dude!
My 06 has Pro Guard... IT does NOT have Scion Security... My 05 on the other hand HAS BOTH... Pro Guard is the ANTI-TEFT system... Scion Security is THE ALARM SYSTEM... do I need to re-explain this?
toupy was talking about the little LED light at the CENTER CONSOLE below the A/C controls (ANTI-TEFT has a key logo) not on the LEFT side of the steering wheel which where the side mirror controls is located...

I Know about the mic and all that (Scion Security)... actually (long story short)my alarm went off when i left my cellphone in my car and i made it rang while it was inside cause i thought i missplaced it... then i thought somebody was trying to get in/break in my car(My 05 BCP tC)... when i came out to my garage... i freaked out... nobody there... and... i found my phone! in my car! then i thought about that mic... took me a while to figure it out... for some reason my ring tone has the same frequenzy level as a glass shattering... yes it was hoobastank ... that was 2 months ago... i haven't tried it again since then...
Old 02-04-2006, 10:43 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

ohhh... okay.. so the "proguard" would be the engine immobilizer system then... yeah... read your post again and i just read it wrong....

the engine immobilizer is indeed not scion security and if the dealer charged you money for it and you don't have the mic on your switch console... then you got ripped off. all tC's come with the immobilizer.

the engine immobilizer works by having a little microchip embedded in the key to prevent copies from being used.. it detects that the key in the ignition is a genuine one. and if not... your engine will turn off after a few seconds. that's how it works..
Old 02-05-2006, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

acutally skrewcyco, i was talkin about the thing on the switch console, but check ur PM! i wrote a long one for ya lol need help bad about this situation.

also, squalllheart, how sure are you about have the scion security switch in the switch panel? i told my dealership bout that they said they wasn't aware about the switch thing also they said something about different ports installed different things.. like in texas our port are located in arkansas (well thats what they told me ) anyways let me know! pm me or something lol i dont want to get ripped off..

oh and somebody on here i forgot (a xB owner) told me that if u dont get the scion security the panic button/mode won't trigger (lights flashin horn honkin and etc) but mine work? does that mean i have it or not?
Old 02-06-2006, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
ohhh... okay.. so the "proguard" would be the engine immobilizer system then... yeah... read your post again and i just read it wrong....

the engine immobilizer is indeed not scion security and if the dealer charged you money for it and you don't have the mic on your switch console... then you got ripped off. all tC's come with the immobilizer.

the engine immobilizer works by having a little microchip embedded in the key to prevent copies from being used.. it detects that the key in the ignition is a genuine one. and if not... your engine will turn off after a few seconds. that's how it works..
yes... proguard can be the imobilizer but i am not sure... the only one im sure about is Lojack... my sister has that in her xA...

I agree... if you don't have the mic you don't have scion security unless they've installed an after market system to your car... i doubt it...
Old 02-15-2006, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member

does anyone here have an aftermarket security system that works with the keyless entry system? what brand and model? im just looking for something that chirps (or beeps like those toyota/lexus alarms) and have a shock sensor.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TehBotol
does anyone here have an aftermarket security system that works with the keyless entry system? what brand and model? im just looking for something that chirps (or beeps like those toyota/lexus alarms) and have a shock sensor.
here...
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PCSLz8r...C&search=alarm
Old 02-15-2006, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not sure what everyone else has but this is what I have... this was installed at the port before it arrived at my dealership (one week ago).....

don't know about any mic but it does have shock sensors in various "zones" on the car... and it is a push button....
Old 02-15-2006, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Samurai_Hack
not sure what everyone else has but this is what I have... this was installed at the port before it arrived at my dealership (one week ago).....

don't know about any mic but it does have shock sensors in various "zones" on the car... and it is a push button....
Crap .... Another aftermarket done by the dealer.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Wasn't done by the dealer... was installed at the port....

Quick Reply: Turning Scion Security Chirps ON / OFF