Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...
View Poll Results: Did this Post help?
No
88.89%
Yes
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Turning Scion Security Chirps ON / OFF

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fhe1079
Originally Posted by Samurai_Hack
not sure what everyone else has but this is what I have... this was installed at the port before it arrived at my dealership (one week ago).....

don't know about any mic but it does have shock sensors in various "zones" on the car... and it is a push button....
Crap .... Another aftermarket done by the dealer.
you got jacked! did you pay for the scion security for like $400?
Old 02-15-2006, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

o... ok nvm
Old 02-15-2006, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why did I get jacked?? not only can I get my system to chirp when I lock it, the alarms gives a warning tone when the glass is knocked... the alarm goes off when door is opened and if my car is disturbed while I'm away, the damn thing will tell me which door was disturbed...

regardless... this was installed at the port... in Jacksonville, FL... only thing the dealer did when they got it off the truck was do the state inspection, wash it, and fill it with gas...
Old 02-15-2006, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skrewCYCO
o... ok nvm
sorry... we're postin at the same time...
Old 02-15-2006, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by skrewCYCO
Originally Posted by TehBotol
does anyone here have an aftermarket security system that works with the keyless entry system? what brand and model? im just looking for something that chirps (or beeps like those toyota/lexus alarms) and have a shock sensor.
here...
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PCSLz8r...C&search=alarm
anyone ever installed this? how dependable is crimeguard? i might be interested in getting this with the shock sensor only if its easy to self install..
Old 02-16-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did this by accident... I remember saying, "Man, I wish my tC made a cool chirp noise!" Then me any my ADD or OCD or something started randomly punching buttons the day after I got it... sure enough... locked at it chirped.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I don't know if anyone is still concerned about this topic or not but I did a lot more digging. After lots of searching and digging around the toyota TIS site and talking to the dealer and the service department and the parts department I finally got the info today. The only people who are likely to see the little push button LED in their car are people in the South East Toyota (SET) region. You'll find this in verious cars sold in by SET dealers. The part number for this "Security Upgrade" is a SET part number. It is not one of the verious Toyota Motor Sales (TMS) VIP security systems. There are actually several versions of the VIP system that all have TMS part numbers.
What you should get on a tC when you order the Scion Security is the TVIP V5 RS3200 Security system. It's nothing specific to Scion as you can get this same system in various Toyota models. As far as I know, the only thing specific to Scion installation is that the LED indicator should say "Scion Security" on it and the window stickers should say the same.
Now if you are the SET region and you have the little push button LED, you did not get what you're supposed to get and whether or not you want to be mad is up to you. The two systems have slightly different functions, some good, some bad. For instance, I don't know if anyone found a way to make the V5 system chirp on lock or unlock or not. The SET system can do this. The SET system says it will give a warning when the glass is tapped but I don't know how hard it has to be tapped and I can't find a sensitivity adjustment. The V5 system obviously uses the mic for this. The SET system has some kind of hood sensor thing that detects when the hood is tampered with. It can also tell you if your car was messed with while you were gone and which specific part of the car was tampered with. I don't think the V5 does this but I could be wrong.

So anyways, whether or not you want to take this up with the dealer is up to you. The biggest factor may be that the SET system may not be eligeble for their anti theft warranty which is why I'm going to get the dealer to take out the SET system and install the TMS system. So this was long winded and maybe pointless. If anyone has any questions, let me know. I'll try and let you know anything else I found out.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the SET version but my installed options lists the alarm as part number YQ4 Scion Security. If I didn't get the correct alarm system and will not be warrentied for a stolen car, doggon straight i'll ask to have the correct one installed. however, this does everything it should. if i knew how to post a pic, i would.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It may take you some time to get someone at the dealership to identify what you have... I'm talking to the sales manager and the customer service people at my dealer again tomorrow... I'll see if I can get copies of the part numbers... and the YQ4 is only the option code for ordering... I have the same option code on my sticker... same code in the computer... still the wrong part is installed...
Old 03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anything to update hack?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

spoke to the scion sales manager again here today... she called one of the service people at SET. He was going to talk to the scion accessories manager at SET and get back with my sales manager here.
Also as a side note, if you contact Scion directly, they will basically send a contact message to the customer service manager and the scion sales manager at whatever dealership you're working with. I told them I'd already spoken to them so Scion basically told me call them back after I've gone as far as I can with my local dealership.

so anyways, what I'm getting from my sales manager is that it will be replaced with a VIP security system. She is just trying to get SET to pay for it, instead of the dealer, since it's their mixup. She almost wasn't going for it because it says in various places that "actuall installed equipment may vary" however, there is a poster in the dealership with all the tC accessories that says "VIP security system with three year anti-theft warranty" The biggest argument in my favor is that the system installed in my car has no warranty whatsoever... I'll let you guys know what happens when the sales manager gets back to me.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he may go al da way!!!!! hook it up man! get whats yours!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member

HUm i have an 06 but still it;s not a push in led
Old 03-16-2006, 05:46 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^^ because you got the actual Scion Security....

read the rest of the thread....
Old 03-16-2006, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ the push in LED is not Scion Security.. there seems to be so much confusion over this. Stock, without the key fob the engine is immobilized (will only run 2 seconds and then shut off). The add on of scion security adds the glass break sensor which is triggered when something breaks the glass. When the door is opened without disarming the scion security, the alarm is set off just like any other alarm. When the alarm is triggered the horn honks and the doors relock themselves. If you recieved a real scion security system you will have the LED (no push button) on the lower left side of the dash with small letters saying scion security and a small mic will be just below the LED for the break sensor. You will also have recieved a warranty card stating they would pay your deductable if the car was stolen while the alarm was armed for one year after install. It doesnt chirp though and as far as I know cant be made to be... thank god IMO.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks yall. i'm going to the dealer tomorrow. lets see what happens.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to the guy from CA... don't worry about it... this only affects people in the southeastern US. And yes there is lots of confusion. "Scion Security" is just a rebadged TMS V5 VIP security system. It's available on numerous Toyota models. I say rebadged because when you get it on a Scion, the little LED mic sensor panel says "Scion Security."

Southeast Toyota says they are no longer installing this part into scions due to "complaints about them being too sensitive." which I think is a load of you know what.... I'm still working on getting this resolved but it's been difficult as I'm in the middle of a move... moving 6000 lbs of crap into a 3rd floor apartment is hellish but that's neither here nor there... I'll give an update when I get a chance to pursue this further.....
hey AMMO_tC let me know how things went at your dealer...
Old 03-19-2006, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, from what i've gathered so far is that tc owners in the set region have an incorrect alarm system installed. all tc owners should have the tms part number instead of the set part number installed. now given an excuse such as "tms being to sensitive" is not a valid exuse for deviating from a $400 part number. not to mention without any warrenty as well. yesterday, i raised the question with my sales manager and the maintenance department and they were unaware of this issue. my sales manager asked me to email him with information that we have gathered in this thread so he can notify his bosses up at scion. all tc owners in the panama city area or set region, need to take this issue up with your dealership immediately!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well still no reply. Hmmm...
Old 04-10-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ammo,
I just got your email from Steve and am about to email the Head Scion Nut at SET to find out what can be done.

Quick Reply: Turning Scion Security Chirps ON / OFF