Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

undercar sound deadening spray

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default undercar sound deadening spray

i've been doing some sound deadening stuff the last couple of days, and i've completed the trunk floor, the doors, and the rear panels. what i'd really like to get done is the floor of the car because my exhaust is loud and just bothers me, and also quieting the engine/supercharger. for the engine, i ordered the dynamat hoodliner and dynamat extreme. i'm putting dynamat extreme underneath the hoodliner and hopefully that'll deaden some of the whine coming from under the hood. i realize that the best way to do it would be to deaden the firewall, but that's a pretty big job-which i can't do right now. as far as the floor of the car, i don't have the time either to take apart the interior and pull the seats out-this is my daily driver. what i'm thinking about doing is getting some high temp spray coating and doing the undercarriage of the car. i've seen some stuff on ebay for this purpose, but it's cheap and it's ebay stuff, so i don't really trust it or think it'll actually work. has anyone done this with anything that dynamat, elemental designs, cascade, or anything else/had any idea what kind of spray would be best for this? thanx