Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Vandalism! any alarms to prevent this and places to install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Vandalism! any alarms to prevent this and places to install?

hopefully this post is in the right location and no one flames me saying i did not use the search button( i did search but this is more of a confession/request)

I get off of work and walk back to my car. I always park as close as i can to a small cement island in the middle of the mall parking lot to ensure that careless a-holes do not unwittingly open their door and dent my car. As I have been accustomed to, I take walk around my car and inspect it for any scratches or dents. I find nothing out of the ordinary. I drive back to my house to pick up my books and change of clothes to meet up with my study group at school. I got distracted and made a sandwich, checked my email, and smoked a cigarette on the porch. my neighborhood has no street lamps and i was already late to meet up with my group and so i just jump in my car and drive to my school library. I park, get out of my car, start walking to the library. I take five steps and remember that i left my cigarettes. As I walk back I notice something on the hood of my car." It looks like silly string" I thought, but why didn't it get blown off while i was driving? and then I touch it. All I could say is " What the ****!"

It is a little green and pixilated because my camera sucks at night but you can clearly see the lines on my hood.

all i can say is that I am very very very p!ssed. I do not believe my insurance covers vandalism and i do not know if this will happen again, but I think it is probably likely. I know people will do this kind of petty, senseless destruction of private property no matter what steps i take to prevent it. yet, since this happened near my house, and I have a pretty good idea of who the F-er is, I think that if i had an alarm I could have probably caught them or made it more difficult for them to engrave my hood.

does anyone have any suggestions on effective alarms and where to install them in MD?
Old 05-15-2007, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

insurance should cover it, i know when my car was keyed i paid a 100 dollar detuctable.

i have the viper model 3000 alarm, works great, 2 way pager, and the proxy set high when someone walks by it, it goes off.

sorry about your car
Old 05-15-2007, 05:23 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

no alarms will prevent vandalism..

only probably an alert that something has already happened..
Old 05-15-2007, 05:41 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

I know nothing will prevent the determined. But i just feel that since this occurred near my house that if this were to happen again i could probably catch them fleeing or at least see them and report it to the police. this wasn't a random act of vandalism. i want to put an alarm in that can alert me of this kind of craziness.

Where is a good place to purchase a viper 3000 and how much do they cost?
Old 05-15-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got mine for $488
Old 05-15-2007, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i know some alarms come with a key fob that will actually go off and tell you that your car alarm is going off and even has a small diagram of a car on it to tell you where the damage is occuring. this might allow you to catch the guy, but no, nothing will prevent it from happening.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:55 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

which alarm system alerts you and has a diagram?
Old 05-15-2007, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is my fob
Old 05-15-2007, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not sure, a guy in one of my classes had it, it just had a generic lcd outline of a car on the remote and it would light up to indicate where the car was sensing the vibration from or whatever. you'll have to shop around.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya i have ssen those, they are actualy lesser than my alram system, i mean in price and in quality...
Old 05-15-2007, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

viper 791xv works well and has the 2 way pager. but yeah nothing will prevent vandalisms from happening. sorry about what happened to your ride dude.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i actulay bought a little camera, it has night vision aswell, i just need to but a little tv screen and wire it with another battery..let me see if i can find my pics on photobucket...i had it on in the car for awhile with one of those portable tvs, powered by a batter charger lol
Old 05-15-2007, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

i am thinking about the model that they offer at best buy the 791XVR but i remember from working there that its f-in best buy and the people there normally don't get paid enough to care what happens to your car. i am at this point not worried about the money, i am just curious about which are the best alarm systems to detect people touching my car or messing with it.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

What is up with tc's getting keyed lately I swear this is the 4th in this two weeks on this site I think...I am getting scared
Old 05-15-2007, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

took me awhile to find the pics (i have 700 plus picks on photobucket) anyways here are pics of my cam,

Old 05-15-2007, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member

everyday almost it seems i have new "key scratches" on my car. I have a very deep long one starting from the end of the headlight housing to the door, and also one on the driver door. I also have some squiggly one on the passenger door as well. The largest and ugliest one, I used the guide that was on SL a few weeks ago to remove scratches, and it worked great. I would love to find the jerks who are doing this
Old 05-15-2007, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

i ended up getting a Viper 5002 installed today total with install was 399.99 i don't know if that is good but i guess it is not bad. what is the thread for the guide?