Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Viper 5900 alarm install many questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Viper 5900 alarm install many questions

I am installing a Viper 5900 alarm in 06 scion tc 5spd. I have installed alarms before but it’s been awhile since I have done this. Before anyone says leave it to the professionals, I enjoying doing this type of work and have a sense of accomplishment after it’s done. I did take my moms car to get an alarm installed and they hacked up the car and wiring, very poor job. Anyways I called Viper and asked them, I mainly want to use the alarm with the turbo timer function enabled, and they said I need to hook up the remote start basically.

Questions
1.The H1/6 violet (+) door trigger input – this is not used correct
2.The H1/8 green (-) door trigger is used and a diode is used to isolate the doors.
3.the H1/10 white/blue remote start (-) activation input – says in needs 2 factory ground pulses for remote start to activate, do I have to connect this wire or just leave it open and press the * button twice for remote start.
4.The H1/11 white (+/-) selectable light flash, if I connect near the headlight switch (-) then there is no need to use a relay.
5.I don’t think any of the H2 wires are used (I am not using outputs)
a. H2/1 light blue 200ma 2nd unlock output
b. H2/2 with/black 200 ma (-) channel 5 output
c. H2/3 violet/black 200 ma (-) channel 4 output
d. H2/4 green/white (-) factory alarm rearm
e. H2/5 gray/black diesel wait to start
f. H2/6 Light Green/black (-) factory disarm
6.The Scion has a second starter wire but the Viper 5900 only has one output a purple wire?
7.My only concern, I know remote start on a manual can be a hazard but my question is how can the switch for the clutch be bypass for the remote start to be activated (besides always deactivating it). Can I use the H3/5 blue/white wire which supplies 200ma(-) as soon as the remote start process is engaged.
8.I know I can use the XK05 module or 556UW, which seems easy enough to hook up, 12V +, ground, keysense (-) black wire, pink (ignition input) same as the yellow wire on the alarm (+) (ignition input) anything I am missing.

Thankyou for all your help in advance.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

I'm no help but I just got my 5901 installed yesterday...

I have a manual also, but the alarm is set in "automatic transmission mode" so which means I can start the car every time without going through the manual transmission mode shut down sequence. I might have to change it back over to manual transmission mode though.
With the clutch bypass everything still works as factory, if I try to start (with key) the car w/o clutch it will not start.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

your 5900 is not made for manual transmissions. It was the replacement for the viper 791xv. You will need to purchase a 689M module in order for it to work PROPERLY with a standard transmission. Dont use the H2 wires unless you have a factory alarm installed. Also no need for white/blue. You will need to wire up a relay for the second starter wire, or you can cause damage to the engine. And if you use the xk05 you also need to tag into wires such as security light, ignition, data wires etc. Also the xk05 was recently replaced by the PKALL. My advice is to let someone else install it, and get a new starter such as the 5701 or 5901 that was mentioned up above.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all the help, I wanted to know can the turbo timer function still be used with out doing all of the remotestart? I just wanted a alarm that the turbo timer was built in. If it can be done with out all the clutch bypass and keysense.. that would be great.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

Im gonna say you still need to hook the starter wire up. In order for you to use the turbo timer you must pree the AUX and remote start button at the same time. Default setting is for one minute but you can program more if you want.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Questions
1.The H1/6 violet (+) door trigger input – this is not used correct
2.The H1/8 green (-) door trigger is used and a diode is used to isolate the doors.
3.the H1/10 white/blue remote start (-) activation input – says in needs 2 factory ground pulses for remote start to activate, do I have to connect this wire or just leave it open and press the * button twice for remote start.
4.The H1/11 white (+/-) selectable light flash, if I connect near the headlight switch (-) then there is no need to use a relay.
5.I don’t think any of the H2 wires are used (I am not using outputs)
a. H2/1 light blue 200ma 2nd unlock output
b. H2/2 with/black 200 ma (-) channel 5 output
c. H2/3 violet/black 200 ma (-) channel 4 output
d. H2/4 green/white (-) factory alarm rearm
e. H2/5 gray/black diesel wait to start
f. H2/6 Light Green/black (-) factory disarm
6.The Scion has a second starter wire but the Viper 5900 only has one output a purple wire?
7.My only concern, I know remote start on a manual can be a hazard but my question is how can the switch for the clutch be bypass for the remote start to be activated (besides always deactivating it). Can I use the H3/5 blue/white wire which supplies 200ma(-) as soon as the remote start process is engaged.
8.I know I can use the XK05 module or 556UW, which seems easy enough to hook up, 12V +, ground, keysense (-) black wire, pink (ignition input) same as the yellow wire on the alarm (+) (ignition input) anything I am missing.

1. your door trig's are neg... dont need this
2.green wire needed... make sure your diodes are directionally correct
3.the white blue wire is an activation wire for the remote start... you only need this if you were to have a time module or something of that nature to activate the R/S
4. the white wire is good for + park lights and a positive park lights is above the fuse in that little door thing.. if your going to neg... you can switch the jumper on the alarm brain and get a - output on the alarm... no need for a relay
5. the entire H2 harness is not needed for the tc
6. on the top on the remote start brain there is a four pin harness blue, orange, purple, and pink.. the purple wire is a 2nd starter wire... wire it up with a relay... and your all set... theres a reason why there's two wires... some people will put them together the 2ncd starter is completely off when theres no key... and if it were to rest at ground all the time.. you can mess something up
7.no... you can build a relay for the bottom switch on the clutch and just have continuity between the wire when the remote start is active.. ir get the clutch bypass kit from directed...
8. i personally like the 556UW its called something else now.. i cant remember its made by xpress kits... everyone here is gonna say go for the XK... but they are a PITA.... and i only use them when i have to...
Old 12-13-2008, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

^^ what i said.

I LOVE the new modules. So easy to use. But the XK modules just got replaced and is now called the PKALL.

Next week I have an install on an BMW M3 and I have to use the 556UW. But solder onto the existing key ring.