Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

viper 791 installation help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member

Default viper 791 installation help

i just finished installing the viper 791 on my tc but i got a couple of quarks. i already have the wiring diagram and the installation manual for the viper so thanks to those people who made it availiable.

1) my parking lights won't blink when the alarm goes off, when it arms, or when it disengages, or anything. i tried wiring it to the brown wire in driver kick panel (+) and ive tried to wire it to the brown wires near the headlight switch (-).

2) where is the brake wires? i've looked near the brake pedal but i don't see any wires.

3) how do i get the hatch release to work?

4) where is the wire for the tach? data link conn?? where is that?

5) there is this fat green wire from the heavy wires that connects to the satellite relay. where does that wire go? it says it supposed to go the the starter kill, but i don't know where that is.

6) what do i do with the secondary harness (H2) wires? i didn't install none of them.

7) if someone can help me get the info on how to install the remote start WITH the use of the 555u or 556uw bypass on a 5-spd, it would greatly be appreciated! and i already know that it isnt good idea for the 5spd, but i never park in gear.

The alarm is working fine. it goes off when its hit, it turns off on command. you know the routine. i just want to utiilize as much of the $175 that i bought this for. Thanks.

- Mike

BTW, i haven't connected any wires for the remote start i don't think. so i don't have a remote start yet. i would take it out to a *pro*, but most *pro's* dont install it well in the houston area. only best buy....but they charge an arm and a leg........and your first born.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member

??? please please please
Old 03-08-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

park lights... should be brown wire in the 30 pin plug... pretty easy to find..

brake wire is on top on brake pedal in a four pin plug... wire is blue

for the hatch... connect the red with white stripe wire to a lt green wire to white wire in the grey 12 pin plug in the drivers kick panel

tach wire ... many places you can find this... at the bcm behind the glove box... top plug pin 5 black wire... or you can run the tach wire outside and run it to a coil and get the tach there...

the heavy gauge green is to be connected to the starter side of the starter wire... (i.e. cut the starter wire in half...the black one, connect the purple wire to the key side of the wire, and the green to the starter side.. ) thats the ignition cut off...

H2 harness you dont need

for the remote start you need to energize both sets of wires on the clutch... the bottom is black and yellow...and the top i forget... its been a while since i did mine.. the yellow wire on the bottom needs a positive signal before start and the top one needs a positive as well
but like i said... its been a while and i dont remember colors or which to energize... in total... you will have like 5 relays wired up in your car for everything to work...

the other thing is... when you do decide to go ahead and put the remote start in ... you need to make sure you energize the second starter, second ign, and keysense wires... otherwise you will throw some check engines and dummy lights...

hope i have helped you out as much as possible..

if any other questions come up... let me know...
Old 03-08-2006, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member

tweetertc........you are god reincarnate. thanks!

ill post after i finish.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member

just to add to tweetertc comments its the yellow black wire that needs a positive. use your 2nd staus output wire to trigger the relay for it. Dont worry about the keysense wire unless you have a factory alarm.
there's two blue wires at the brake wire its the one with less silver dots on it
unless you put in alot of remote start alarms you will probably have trouble getting your tach so just turn your alarm's engine checking of or turn it to voltage sense