Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

want to get some components but i have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Yanki01
this is the baffle you need!

Now i know thats regular wood but i did change it out to 3/4" MDF. Trust me its alot better! I bought a sheet of the MDF from Lowes for $22. They cut it 3 ways to fit in the tC. I used a jigsaw to cut and sand paper to sand it down.

Check this thread out on the baffels! Mine are pretty much identical and now alot more rounder!
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...385&highlight=

And this thread has an actuall template so you can print it out and cut it for your own!
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...hlight=baffels
good lookin out! I was trying to get those crutchfield images to show up in thread, but my html is sooo rusty, I just url'd to them instead.

But that's exactly what I was talking about!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by bzr
Originally Posted by toastbox
Originally Posted by bzr

isn't a speaker baffles made of foam, how will it increase the mounting depth or accomodate lager speaker in a smaller factory location? are there other kind of baffles?
Most likely, what you are thinking of is what www.crutchfield.com terms a "baffle". http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KGX1y7c...fles&i=237XT65
It's a foam surround that goes around the voicecoil/magnet of a speaker, to protect it from the elements. While it's true that those *are* a type of baffle, what most people in car audio profession refer to as a baffle, is the mounting plate of a speaker. For subs, the baffle is the top of the box. For older cars that had 6x9's on the rear desk, it was the rear deck that seperated the 6x9 cone from the trunk.

If you go into any car audio shop of worth, and say that you have a set of 6.5" speakers, and you need a baffle to install them in the factory 5.25" locations, what you'll get is either an adapter plate that looks like http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KGX1y7c...3200&I=142SAT6
or you'll get a piece of mdf board cut into the correct shape to fit the larger speakers, but also allow you to bolt the mdf into the stock speaker mounting tabs/screw holes, etc etc.

It's the thickness of the mdf that allows for the extra mounting depth, as well as the extra circumference of the larger speaker.

Hope that helps.
thanks for the info... i always thought baffles are just the foam....i guess baffles and speaker adapter or bracket are the same......
Correct!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 05FMtC
wow a ton of great info thanks alot guys. i was just looking at the ed website. and on there it says that their 6000 series components are 100 watts rms. is this true or is that max power? im about 95% sure that it is rms and since its comming straight from their site but u never know, mistakes happen.
RMS. You can ask Mandos, he's an ED guy, if I recall correctly
Old 04-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

You recall correct.

100W all day long if you'd like
Old 04-18-2006, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

hey mandos! Have you head CDT comps? Can you compare them to yours? I know you would advertize yours more but i wanna know which ones i should get? I like loud music!
Old 04-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Honestly, can't say for certain how they compare as I've never had the pleasure of sitting down w/ CDT comps outside of a sound wall at CES...and that's about the most unfair comparison you can make w/ drivers.

6500s get loud enough that I don't care to listen though
Old 04-18-2006, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hey I have Atomic speakers in my car there a new speaker that just came out-- I know there is a few people on myspace that have heard them-- at the shows I have been to like san jose HIN an san Deigo an car meets an the Elk grove show an livermore-- there a good speaker clean-- i have 6.5 in the front an rear-- an 4 10's in the back-- I like my music loud an I would of went with Focal or MB quarts but I heard these an I do like them--