Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...
View Poll Results: Xenarc 700TSV or Lilliput 629?
Xenarc 700TSV
50.00%
Lilliput 629
50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Xenarc 700TSV or Lilliput 629?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member

Default Xenarc 700TSV or Lilliput 629?

Im going to install a CARPC into my car within the year. For now i have a brand new head unit that i am going to use to control the audio in my car and will attach the audio from the PC to it later. It is a JVC KD-DV7300. http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...hId=133&page=2 The head unit is being installed in a different location then where it would usually be. instead of installing it where the factory radio is i am going to customize it to fit under the fan and temperature controls in that space. The reason i am doing that is because i would like to put a 7 in touch screen where the factory head unit is. My question is which screen to get. The Xenarc 700TSV or Lilliput 629. I am hoping that some of you know or have had experience with these and could shed some light on me. I really want the screen to look crisp and clean when i am playing dvds or videos from my JVC KD-DV7300 head unit so whichever one is better is the one i want to get. If you could tell me which one you think is better and why i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have had my lilliput 629 for my car pc for over a year now. its a damn good screen. very easy to fabricate and remove the buttons to relocate else where. I have made several 629 screens for people with tc and by far its the best bang for your buck. its pictures are very clear. The xenarc is more expensive and imo beats the lilliput with the fact that it auto switches to different input. which comes in handy for backup cameras. I know of someone seeking my help with fabricating the xenarc but found a had time doing so as the touchsreen module is attached to the screen cover.

Both screen are not sun readable so dont use that as a determining factor. People say the xenarc is more realiable but so far my lilliput is holding very strong.
if it was me I would get the lilliput.
here is a link to what mine looks like.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&&start=20

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...652&highlight=
Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 PM

I've researched the topic extensively, for me it comes down pricing. The Lilliput 629 or EBY-701 can be purchased for less than $200, the Xenarc goes for about $380. The only feature the Xenarc has over the Lilliput is the auto switching input capability. If you don't need that just save yourself the money and get the Lilliput.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member

i can get the lilliput for $235 and the Xenarc for $275 so for $40 is it worth getting the xenarc?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member

im using the JVC KD-DV7300 as my DVD player and keeping it for my head unit even when i get my carpc configured. i was hoping to be able to switch between the JVC and the carputer.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:37 PM

saw the EBY-701 on ebay for $180 shipped
Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member

if the price wasnt a factor and lets say they were both the same, which one should i get
Old 05-29-2007, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if money is no object you should definitely ge the Xenarc since their quality is higher than the cheaply made liliput.

But if anything you should go over to Mp3car and ask the people there for their opinion.

btw whats the specs of the system ur running? and what powersupply are you gonna use?

i was suppose to have my carpc put in during the spring break but had a major setback and has been delayed til summer, good luck with your build
Old 05-29-2007, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member

I've used both the EBY-701 and the 619. IMO image quality is basically the same. Pricing is similar, though the EBY-701 can be had for much cheaper. (I got mine for about 180 shipped on ebay) If you're planning on fabricating there are some big differences, however. On the EBY-701 the screen is not in the center of the housing, and the controller board is wider. The internal LCD power cable is very short and will make it difficult if you plan on relocating the board. The VGA/USB connector port is soldered directly to the board, so you need to make room for the large connector.

The 619/629 are more straight forward when it comes to fabricating. You can purchase additional housings for them if you need to. Longer ribbon (signal) cables can be found as well. The screen is centered in the housing and the controller board is the same size as the screen. Buttons are more easily relocated (in my experience) and they can be modified to turn on when power is applied.

I had an issue with my 619 overheating. I had to place a fan over one of the controller chips, and sometimes couldn't have my A/C off here in FL. Hey, I like the windows down.

For my new project in the tC, I had already cut part of my dash to center the EBY:

If you don't want to cut anything and don't mind it not being centered, you can fit it into the stock opening. That is what initially attracted me to the EBY-701, but looking back I would have preferred one of the other Lilliput models.

In the end, I don't feel its justifiable to spend the extra money on a Xenarc if you still can't see it in the sunlight. If sunlight readable is your goal, then the Lilliput-based sunlight readable monitor from mp3car.com is your best bet.