2005-2010 [ANT10]

05 tC Boost, Auto-Manual Progress

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheMocoMan
This thread inspires me. Wow. PTUNING is exactly 100 miles north of me (<-- Richmond, VA) so yeah. That's very bad. As in NOT SAFE FOR WALLET. Great thread Kyle!
Its bad enough I'm six hrs away let alone I'd be there all the time if I lived that close!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PTuning said cars done and running and driving great! Picking up Saturday already in a car show for Sunday!

3 Transmissions, 2 clutch pedals, 2 engine harnesses, 2 master cylinders later..... whelp
Old 07-02-2012, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MillerRS1
PTuning said cars done and running and driving great! Picking up Saturday already in a car show for Sunday!

3 Transmissions, 2 clutch pedals, 2 engine harnesses, 2 master cylinders later..... whelp
Do you still have that extra trans ?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mauriceproductions
Do you still have that extra trans ?
Yeah
Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah
Manuel right ? are you looking to sell it ? looking to buy one in the new month or so.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Manuel right ? are you looking to sell it ? looking to buy one in the new month or so.
was looking for 400 but id sell it for 350 to get rid of it cuz i have 3 transmission sitting around has 31k but ur also 6 hrs away but lemme know
Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

was looking for 400 but id sell it for 350 to get rid of it cuz i have 3 transmission sitting around has 31k but ur also 6 hrs away but lemme know
Man seriously PM lets talk willing to meet half way. shipping should not be too much worst case I mean your only 6 hours away lol. I am wiling to take one off your hands so I can do my swap.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man seriously PM lets talk willing to meet half way. shipping should not be too much worst case I mean your only 6 hours away lol. I am wiling to take one off your hands so I can do my swap.
Wish I checked this more often.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bought a Ruckus!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haven't been doing much with the Scion, bought some meng fogs for it. Just need to get by the winter to start working on it again, this year isn't going to be anything crazy. My goal is to get new wheels a 5axis lip kit, maybe a set of bride seats but about it.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you have a guesstimate on what you ended up spending on the trans swap portion of the build. I know most people say somewhere between 2.5-3.5k, but just curious if you came out on the lower or higher end of that. Also, how much did ptuning charge to finish the swap? I am trying to find a totalled manual tc to do this swap by the beginning of next year. I would rather just do the swap seeing as I am boosted already and don't wanna start fresh with everything I have done to the car.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dmar07sciontc
Do you have a guesstimate on what you ended up spending on the trans swap portion of the build. I know most people say somewhere between 2.5-3.5k, but just curious if you came out on the lower or higher end of that. Also, how much did ptuning charge to finish the swap? I am trying to find a totalled manual tc to do this swap by the beginning of next year. I would rather just do the swap seeing as I am boosted already and don't wanna start fresh with everything I have done to the car.
PTuning never finished my swap I got sold a trans that wasn't shimmed correctly for the LSD so they had to put a new trans in with the LSD swapped from my old trans. I had the car running and driving it just didn't have 2nd gear. But I could have done it for around $1500 bucks with just all the OEM parts. My problem was I swapped a lot more then just OEM parts in I went to a lot of aftermarket and a brand new engine harness it was a lot more and I never added it all up in the end.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: A little island called Whidbey Island in Oak Harbor

Been a lil busy. It is car show season. Finally got a 05 wire harness for the manual. $200. And then decided to just buy a brand new transmission with LSD instead of screwing around with a used one. Thanks TPR!

Other than that ordered a bunch of different parts from PTuning and I have boxes of new mounts, screws and bolts from my local Toyota/Scion dealership I work at.
just wondering where did you get the brand new M/T? Unless I can't get something like that now. I want to do a Auto to Manual swap on my car. Was it easy to swap it in? Did you had PTuning do most of the swap?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xTheyCallMexGx
just wondering where did you get the brand new M/T? Unless I can't get something like that now. I want to do a Auto to Manual swap on my car. Was it easy to swap it in? Did you had PTuning do most of the swap?
You can go to the dealership and order one but you can always get a low mileage used for one a lot cheaper. PTuning never finished my swap I got sold a trans that wasn't shimmed correctly for the LSD so they had to put a new trans in with the LSD swapped from my old trans. I had the car running and driving it just didn't have 2nd gear. But I could have done it for around $1500 bucks with just all the OEM parts. My problem was I swapped a lot more then just OEM parts in I went to a lot of aftermarket and a brand new engine harness it was a lot more and I never added it all up in the end. It really wouldn't have been that difficult if I was all stock but my problem was that I upgraded everything so problems occurred in all different areas. I had the car back together within a month but then it was just fixing dumb problems like the key not being properly transmitted to the new ecu, 2nd gear not working, waiting on powdercoat and annodizing on parts, finding pnp id injectors, breaking the clutch pedal bc i didn't realize there was a bolt under the dash, emanage ultimate not updating properly and then not bypassing the clutch properly and I'm sure a few others. Just small problem after one.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can go to the dealership and order one but you can always get a low mileage used for one a lot cheaper. PTuning never finished my swap I got sold a trans that wasn't shimmed correctly for the LSD so they had to put a new trans in with the LSD swapped from my old trans. I had the car running and driving it just didn't have 2nd gear. But I could have done it for around $1500 bucks with just all the OEM parts. My problem was I swapped a lot more then just OEM parts in I went to a lot of aftermarket and a brand new engine harness it was a lot more and I never added it all up in the end. It really wouldn't have been that difficult if I was all stock but my problem was that I upgraded everything so problems occurred in all different areas. I had the car back together within a month but then it was just fixing dumb problems like the key not being properly transmitted to the new ecu, 2nd gear not working, waiting on powdercoat and annodizing on parts, finding pnp id injectors, breaking the clutch pedal bc i didn't realize there was a bolt under the dash, emanage ultimate not updating properly and then not bypassing the clutch properly and I'm sure a few others. Just small problem after one.
It sounds like that I should just swap in the M/T before doing anything and making sure it works right? I'm about to put my car in a garage and start tearing into it. I have a friend who is going to help and guide me through this. Would you recommend installing the LSD first? Or just go on ahead with the swap first and make sure everything works?

I can just get a M/T pedal assembly from a manual one of course. I got a list of all the parts needed, just needed to know if it's pretty difficult. I see my friends do their Honda swaps and it's easy from the looks of it, of course it being a Honda. Just out of curiosity, how much would the dealer charge for a brand new tranny?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xTheyCallMexGx
It sounds like that I should just swap in the M/T before doing anything and making sure it works right? I'm about to put my car in a garage and start tearing into it. I have a friend who is going to help and guide me through this. Would you recommend installing the LSD first? Or just go on ahead with the swap first and make sure everything works?

I can just get a M/T pedal assembly from a manual one of course. I got a list of all the parts needed, just needed to know if it's pretty difficult. I see my friends do their Honda swaps and it's easy from the looks of it, of course it being a Honda. Just out of curiosity, how much would the dealer charge for a brand new tranny?
Do the LSD first otherwise down the road you'll have to take it back apart plus downtime make sure you get someone who has done them and not claims it's easy. Depending on if you go turbo or not I would get a better clutch and flywheel set up then just the oem one. The dealer would probably charge like 3000 if not more for a new one.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just picked up a meng LED TBL to go with my badgeless garnish. Next I'm trying to find a set of anzo LED tails.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just picked up a meng LED TBL to go with my badgeless garnish. Next I'm trying to find a set of anzo LED tails.
How much better/worse is the Meng TBL from the Oznium TBL?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice. post up pics when you get it installed, miller. I've been thinking about picking up one of the meng TBL's as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice. Post up some pics when you get them installed, miller. I have been thinking about picking up one of meng's TBL kits.

Quick Reply: 05 tC Boost, Auto-Manual Progress