Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tcwannab
Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
but tats usually on skill of weavin in and out of traffic.

i havent 1/4 my car yet. mtn runnin. it handles well.
you sir are an idiot and its spelt THAT, huucked on fonicks werkd fur hiem
you sir are an idiot and "its" has an apostrophe. Moreover, "spelt" should be "spelled." You made about as many errors as he did.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by empleh
well, i gotta say, that the power the tc is putting out now is kinda enough for it. it needs a limited slip before it needs any more power. it doesn't really hook up that well. spinning tires baby. i'm gonna get flamed for this one aren't i?
I completely agree, needs a slip for sure.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Ren
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DemonEyez
Originally Posted by Ren
yeah man go buy a mustang.. cus my tib with just a cai + 250$ exhuuast is faster than those really really fast mustangs..
If by really really fast Mustangs you mean stock V6 Mustangs, then yes your Tib with CAI and exhaust could beat it. You would not come close to a stock GT.

Just messing with you, but you might want to define "really really fast". I have a video of an 8-second streetable (and street legal) Mustang.
ehh you speak of what you dont know dumb____. cus i do it alot. : )

bring a stock mustang gt friend of yours to atlanta ga, call me up and i'll beat him.

k thanx.

i just met up with Glenn *smbeysound is his tag on nt.com* with just a mere 75 shot of nitrous i WATCHED him beat a 99 z28 manual on 98west in panama city. they went up to around 110 according to both of them.

so you take 145whp stock on tib.. add the 15 from cai 160whp.. and add 75 due to nitrous Altho its untunted in every way so lets just give him 230whp.. beating a z28 which comes crank at 315..

maybe HP numbers arent everything. maybe gear ratio's.. weight.. has alot to do with it too.

Or ren if you like, buy me a new video camera *lost mine to rain + leaving it outside* and i'll vid tape my encounters with mustangs for you.

just noticed you said messing. messing with what? stock gt = loses. modified with exhaust = sometimes wins. Most mustangs i race just cut off muffler and add diff ones.= no real gain there. but those with full on exhausts its drivers race then.
Someone who writes at a 4th grade level calling me a dumb____

You didn't mention the nitrous in your original post. I stand by mine - a tib with intake and exhaust is a slower car than a stock GT. Yeah, a 75-shot on a Hyundai ( you must be so proud) will beat a GT, all the way to the junk yard.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ren
Originally Posted by Ren
yeah man go buy a mustang.. cus my tib with just a cai + 250$ exhuuast is faster than those really really fast mustangs..
If by really really fast Mustangs you mean stock V6 Mustangs, then yes your Tib with CAI and exhaust could beat it. You would not come close to a stock GT.

Just messing with you, but you might want to define "really really fast". I have a video of an 8-second streetable (and street legal) Mustang.
ehh you speak of what you dont know dumb____. cus i do it alot. : )

bring a stock mustang gt friend of yours to atlanta ga, call me up and i'll beat him.

k thanx.

i just met up with Glenn *smbeysound is his tag on nt.com* with just a mere 75 shot of nitrous i WATCHED him beat a 99 z28 manual on 98west in panama city. they went up to around 110 according to both of them.

so you take 145whp stock on tib.. add the 15 from cai 160whp.. and add 75 due to nitrous Altho its untunted in every way so lets just give him 230whp.. beating a z28 which comes crank at 315..

maybe HP numbers arent everything. maybe gear ratio's.. weight.. has alot to do with it too.

Or ren if you like, buy me a new video camera *lost mine to rain + leaving it outside* and i'll vid tape my encounters with mustangs for you.

just noticed you said messing. messing with what? stock gt = loses. modified with exhaust = sometimes wins. Most mustangs i race just cut off muffler and add diff ones.= no real gain there. but those with full on exhausts its drivers race then.
Someone who writes at a 4th grade level calling me a dumb____

You didn't mention the nitrous in your original post. I stand by mine - a tib with intake and exhaust is a slower car than a stock GT. Yeah, a 75-shot on a Hyundai ( you must be so proud) will beat a GT, all the way to the junk yard.
you obviously read at a 2nd grade level then if i type at 4th grade lvl. I said 75 shot beat a 99 CAMARO z28. And yes, me with JUST A AEM CAI and 2.5" CATBACK am beating STOCK MUSTANG GT's.

Read my post again dork face.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

OH OH OH! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
Old 08-25-2004, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

3 pages and only1 1/4 mile time?

mikochu is right, the r/t has no effect on 1/4 mile time, and some of the newer trees are rated at .000 lights, and some older trees are .500 for street comps, and .400 for pro...
Old 08-25-2004, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

blah blah blah... Your quarter mile depends on driver skill, track altitude, weather conditions, track conditions, and total weight in the car. Please don't get me started on how unreasonable it is to say that certain times are impossible, or unheard of. Having a 0.1 second faster car, is approx a car's length in layman's terms. So dont over-guess times either.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Sorry to say it DemonEyez, but your Tib's not gonna be a Mustang GT. And I would love to see the CAI that adds 15 hp to the Tib. When you get your so called pictures of beating Mustang GT's post em' up here cause I would love to see it.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Sorry I meant to say your Tib's not gonna beat a Mustang GT. See what happens when you type to fast.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.aempower.com/pdf/dyno/21-...20V6%20CAS.pdf

make sure you have acrobat reader installed to view the dyno of the AEM cai adding 15whp.

If you like you can go to injens website and find a dyno with 15whp gain as well.

K thanx

and yes i do beat mustang GT's. if you know anyone in atlanta with a stock gt manual tell em to pm me and i'll setup a race. and tell him to bring a vid cam. You can say i dont, but I have and im willing to prove it if any of you know aonyoen who would race + have a cam.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw heres a fun video for everyone. : )

http://ibbanez.com/video/streetrace2.avi

gotta turn it up tho cus its low volume.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Ren
5 Year Member

you obviously read at a 2nd grade level then if i type at 4th grade lvl. I said 75 shot beat a 99 CAMARO z28.
So I guess you sometimes spell "99 Camaro Z28" as "mustang"? Because that's what you typed, and that's the post I was responding to.

You may very well have beaten the driver of a stock GT with only exhaust and intake. The GT is still a faster car, which you can argue against all you like, but it still doesn't change the facts.

And just an FYI, dynos from the manufacturer are completely worthless.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ren
you obviously read at a 2nd grade level then if i type at 4th grade lvl. I said 75 shot beat a 99 CAMARO z28.
So I guess you sometimes spell "99 Camaro Z28" as "mustang"? Because that's what you typed, and that's the post I was responding to.

You may very well have beaten the driver of a stock GT with only exhaust and intake. The GT is still a faster car, which you can argue against all you like, but it still doesn't change the facts.

And just an FYI, dynos from the manufacturer are completely worthless.

faster in the 1/4 yes.. fool i never said i beat one in the 1/4 im talking highway racin.

their rwd + higher torque makes them hard to beat int he 1/4. tho its possible iwht a bad driver. but on the highway they get toasted till around 135mph.

and i talked about a mustang gt and camaro z28. 2 different occasions.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

As a quick note, and somewhat car expert...with most of my family working at several of the companies, of the cars spoken above.

First, someone above said the mustang was a heavy car, go kill yourself now, the mustang is a severly light car, it could actually do with some weight gain, the more mods you add to that car, the more that car becomes uncontrollable. It is not heavy like its past brothers, the mustang really has always been a light car in the V8 world...

Secondly, whats with all this fighting, who gives a ____. We drive an import. You know why I bought this car?...because it can keep up with my ZX2...you know what my ZX2 is, a 4 cylinder Ford, 400 lbs. less than this fat _____ of a car I drive now. It only came with 130 hp and 127 torque, but guess what, it can keep with the tC, infact it really comes down to a drivers race. So we have all this bickering and _____ing. But you know what a tC really is. An oppurtunity, we can say we have one of the nicest cars for a damn damn damn good price. We have a lexus, toyota, and obviously Scion all wrapped in a little package, for a price that most people wouldn't get half the features we have. You know what a brand new mustang costs, go look it up, now go look at the features you get, nothing compared to us...we could fully load our car and just get to a base price for a Mustang GT....why?...because...we chose a car that seems like a good deal, yes I'll admit it, I had a feelin the tC is gonna be a fast lil' 4 cylinder, and thats why I went with it, not to mention talking with some of my toyota friends, they spoke to me about a tC could possibly mean toyota Celica, as an ironic little twist to the toyota celica being discontinued, passing of the torch...but anyway...my opinion is, stop fighting ya dumbass's there are cars a helluva a lot faster then us, all this _____ing about mustangs, camaros, etc....who cares...guess what stock for stock..a mustang would be our ___, stock for stock a crx would get eaten alive by my 21 speed bicycle overall, lets quit the bickering and act a group....damnit!

Edit - And oh ya, you morons who keep using magazine times...are you stupid? that means jack ____...those are pro drivers, who could of driven several times, and by random chance got that number. Are car is probably more like a mid 16 second car without mods, if we put the tC on weight watchers our time might improve but presently...we drive a little fatty...hehe
Old 09-26-2004, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

http://www.aempower.com/pdf/dyno/21-521%202003%20Hyundai%20Tiburon%20V6%20CAS.pdf

make sure you have acrobat reader installed to view the dyno of the AEM cai adding 15whp.

If you like you can go to injens website and find a dyno with 15whp gain as well.

K thanx

and yes i do beat mustang GT's. if you know anyone in atlanta with a stock gt manual tell em to pm me and i'll setup a race. and tell him to bring a vid cam. You can say i dont, but I have and im willing to prove it if any of you know aonyoen who would race + have a cam.
Your my next victim, you dumb little man, there is no way in hell your beating a Mustang GT unless its parked. A Tibby is a fat car just like the tC, maybe if you do some major major major weight reduction, like, basically everything but your steering wheel and the block and you'll beat a GT...I drove the tibby...or should I say tubby GTV6, manual...and you can tell that its not enough power for the weight of the car...an intake is not gonna help you win races ...and maybe if your car was actually tuned for the intake you would get a gain of 15 whp, but thats if its perfectly tuned, since I doubt you put the time, or money, to get a superchip to make your car run perfectly with your tibby...you are not getting that much whp...I'm sorry..but thats complete bull____. I don't care what sources, reality is, you may get some fluke car who happens to get that, but in reality, not gonna happen...not without tuning properly...
Old 09-26-2004, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by TrevCelicaGTS02
Your right but we're talking about the TRD s/c, and if you know anything about TRD then you know why our estimates are a little skimp.
Just because it says TRD on the piping do not be fooled it is actually a Vortec S/C
Old 09-26-2004, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Coldboot
Originally Posted by TrevCelicaGTS02
Your right but we're talking about the TRD s/c, and if you know anything about TRD then you know why our estimates are a little skimp.
Just because it says TRD on the piping do not be fooled it is actually a Vortec S/C
Yes, but TRD still makes the final call on the PSI it will run
Old 09-27-2004, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pew~~~, comedown buddy. When you go nuts, your typing become
un-understandable. If you contiune fighting with outher, there will be no STOP sign for everyone.

Originally Posted by DelayedTurbo
As a quick note, and somewhat car expert...with most of my family working at several of the companies, of the cars spoken above.

First, someone above said the mustang was a heavy car, go kill yourself now, the mustang is a severly light car, it could actually do with some weight gain, the more mods you add to that car, the more that car becomes uncontrollable. It is not heavy like its past brothers, the mustang really has always been a light car in the V8 world...

Secondly, whats with all this fighting, who gives a ____. We drive an import. You know why I bought this car?...because it can keep up with my ZX2...you know what my ZX2 is, a 4 cylinder Ford, 400 lbs. less than this fat _____ of a car I drive now. It only came with 130 hp and 127 torque, but guess what, it can keep with the tC, infact it really comes down to a drivers race. So we have all this bickering and _____ing. But you know what a tC really is. An oppurtunity, we can say we have one of the nicest cars for a damn damn damn good price. We have a lexus, toyota, and obviously Scion all wrapped in a little package, for a price that most people wouldn't get half the features we have. You know what a brand new mustang costs, go look it up, now go look at the features you get, nothing compared to us...we could fully load our car and just get to a base price for a Mustang GT....why?...because...we chose a car that seems like a good deal, yes I'll admit it, I had a feelin the tC is gonna be a fast lil' 4 cylinder, and thats why I went with it, not to mention talking with some of my toyota friends, they spoke to me about a tC could possibly mean toyota Celica, as an ironic little twist to the toyota celica being discontinued, passing of the torch...but anyway...my opinion is, stop fighting ya dumbass's there are cars a helluva a lot faster then us, all this _____ing about mustangs, camaros, etc....who cares...guess what stock for stock..a mustang would be our ___, stock for stock a crx would get eaten alive by my 21 speed bicycle overall, lets quit the bickering and act a group....damnit!

Edit - And oh ya, you morons who keep using magazine times...are you stupid? that means jack ____...those are pro drivers, who could of driven several times, and by random chance got that number. Are car is probably more like a mid 16 second car without mods, if we put the tC on weight watchers our time might improve but presently...we drive a little fatty...hehe