Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

130 mph top speed makes me sick!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by nauticac
you're an idiot. Try going the speed limit. It's people like you that give the car modifying scene a bad name.
No way!! its people that do that in heavy traffic, or with a full car of people that hand us that name. I am very guilty of speeding on an open road puting only myself at risk. and if i die, i totally agree, at least ill die happy doing what i enjoy. and modified cars are usually the least of the fatal wrecks, because 1 we are very protective of our cars, and 2 we are not dumbasses either. I dont know about you but most of the people i have ever met in this scene seemed to have alot of knowledge and plenty of common sense.

So in my opinion thats probably one of the dumbest statements i have seen lately.

But thats just my .02 cents
Old 10-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Aren't our stock tires rated at what? 90mph?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCizzler
We all have our bad habits (for lack of better term) If you all are sooo ____ed about street racers putting themselves in danger and others around, then why don't you all go look for smokers and scream and yell until you're blue in the face that they are stupid and dangerous. And if you think it's because they only hurt themselves...you're wrong, i've had 2 family members die from second hand smoke-lung cancer.... and 1 from actually smoking.

Smoking kills 4.8 million people a year (not including the deaths from second hand)
Street racing kills AVG. 5,749 people a year (most recent numbers i could find)
Over 830 times more deaths from smoking than street racing

Not that anyone said anything about smoking but it just something to think about.

And let me make it clear now, i have done my fair share of "dangerous" driving but i in no way condone it. I just think your efforts could be better directed.
Because I can walk away from a smoker and I have recently quit smoking. I drive to work. Let's say some a-hole...like the original poster...hits me doing 130mph and I get killed. Harder to get away from...don't you think?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XtC2006
I would certainly hope not. The stock 17" rim rubber for the '07 tCs has a "Z" rating--gives it a maximum of around 148 or so. Just in case anyone is curious, with the top speed of the tC being 127, an "H" rated tire would be the absolute minimum you would want to put on that car.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And to whoever posted about the 19" wheels...there is no way a 2" size in wheels that require a SMALLER aspect ratio tire are going to add 13 mph to the top speed.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigMURR
Didn't this same guy post something like this a couple weeks ago and everyone flamed him? All I remember was that last guy was from Puerto Rico too. I'm glad he doesn't live here, jackarses like this guy need to just drive their car off a bridge.
I also i am glad that you doesn live here,i live in Puerto Rico and i know that are some riceers that think that has bougth a rocket instead of a tC but you cant generalize because not every puertorrican want a tc that go more than 135 miles
Old 10-02-2007, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i wanted to go more than 135miles i will bought a real sport car so i dont know why that guy want to go faster if is only a 2.4 4 banger not a V-10
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

pierre_tec, he wasn't generalizing. He was calling that specific person a jackarse and was saying that people like the jackarse need to drive their vehicles off bridges. Don't jump to conclusions, dude.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by sudsy
you're an idiot. Try going the speed limit. It's people like you that give the car modifying scene a bad name.
No way!! its people that do that in heavy traffic, or with a full car of people that hand us that name. I am very guilty of speeding on an open road puting only myself at risk. and if i die, i totally agree, at least ill die happy doing what i enjoy. and modified cars are usually the least of the fatal wrecks, because 1 we are very protective of our cars, and 2 we are not dumbasses either. I dont know about you but most of the people i have ever met in this scene seemed to have alot of knowledge and plenty of common sense.

So in my opinion thats probably one of the dumbest statements i have seen lately.

Better knock on wood...
Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by sudsy

People that modify cars aren't dumbasses? Try living in California. I've seen more dumbass modified car owners than I can shake a stick at. Most are NOT protective of their cars and enjoy "joyriding" out in the street. IMO your statement is FALSE. Just becaue YOU may be protective doesn't give you the ability to speak for the majority.

Go drive out on the open freeway at 120mph. That doesn't make you any less of an idiot than if you did it in full traffic. Do you want to drive dangerously? Take it to the track. Try finding somebody here on the forum that doesn't agree with me.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These are the reasons my insurance is going up so much.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HunterGreene
Originally Posted by XtC2006
I would certainly hope not. The stock 17" rim rubber for the '07 tCs has a "Z" rating--gives it a maximum of around 148 or so. Just in case anyone is curious, with the top speed of the tC being 127, an "H" rated tire would be the absolute minimum you would want to put on that car.
Yeah you're right, I looked it up.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="nauticac"][quote="sudsy"]
Just becaue YOU may be protective doesn't give you the ability to speak for the majority.

Do you want to drive dangerously? Take it to the track.

Try finding somebody here on the forum that doesn't agree with me.
I'm just here to play devil's advocate not to side with anyone in particular, but....

It kinda seems like YOU're speaking for the majority too,huh??

And driving at the track isn't really "dangerous"... and i don't think anyone WANTS to drive dangerously.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 130 mph top speed makes me sick!

Originally Posted by Gerard_gmaiz
have anyone been able to shut this 130 mph top speed off? I can't take it any more when srt 4 and subarus wrx pass me at 130. I need more speed!

Please help! Any chip or something?
130mph on public roads, yeah we need you in our society.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure whatever joe shmoe guy that thought he was speeing alone on an empty road didn't MEAN to kill ______ (insert innocent family name here) just as nobody else does when they speed, but people that have such a callous disregard for the law and the safety of others that go 120 miles an hour just to keep up with idiot 1 and 2 in sportscar of their choice deserves to have happen to them exactly what happened to me.

I was on I90 in the middle of the desert (nowhere) WA going 120 and I got ticketed for 2nd degree neglegence with a vehicle and lost my license.

Thank god I didn't kill anybody, I sure know I wouldn't of meant to and I was just having a good time but what if? Very few people actually mean to total their cars killing themselves and/or the innocent bystanders.

That's my 2 cents, you'll do what you are going to do no matter what obviously as you have learned nothing in the preivious flame-fest that happened when you said you where worried when doing 120 and wanted rollbars.

ok, I'm done. Do what you'll do, obviously I have made mistakes but have grown enough to learn from them and finally got my right to climb behind the wheel back.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 PM
SL Member

I ain't asking any of you for advice! just anyone who knows how to get pass 127 let me know.

go street racing! F***K the cops!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you really really really should give drinking and driving by a cliff a shot, I hear it's a thrill.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:09 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I ain't asking any of you for advice! just anyone who knows how to get pass 127 let me know.

go street racing! F***K the cops!
Your an idiot
Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCizzler
We all have our bad habits (for lack of better term) If you all are sooo ____ed about street racers putting themselves in danger and others around, then why don't you all go look for smokers and scream and yell until you're blue in the face that they are stupid and dangerous. And if you think it's because they only hurt themselves...you're wrong, i've had 2 family members die from second hand smoke-lung cancer.... and 1 from actually smoking.

Smoking kills 4.8 million people a year (not including the deaths from second hand)
Street racing kills AVG. 5,749 people a year (most recent numbers i could find)
Over 830 times more deaths from smoking than street racing

Not that anyone said anything about smoking but it just something to think about.

And let me make it clear now, i have done my fair share of "dangerous" driving but i in no way condone it. I just think your efforts could be better directed.

For every dumb Scion driver who does something stupid, MY INSURANCE RATES ARE LIKELY TO GO UP.

A smoker in NYC is not going to affect me here in CA, but a retard driver half a world away could add to the statistics that are going to lead to a price hike in insurance.

When you get health insurance, they usually only look at whether you smoke or not, not the statistics of your age group. Car insurance and smoking are not comparable.
I can walk away from a smoker, but car insurance affects us as a whole.

You forget to understand that our society absolutely hates anything that'll make an negative economic impact on our daily lives.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

F***K the cops!
I wouldn't FLICK the cops, dude. That's assault.
If you'd want to FLASK the cops you'd probably have to put them in a juicer or blender. That's murder.

Quick Reply: 130 mph top speed makes me sick!