Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

affixing DOT sticker on headlight corner?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member

Default affixing DOT sticker on headlight corner?

It says that i have to put it on the headllight corner. But i think its stupid cuz when i was my car it would ruin the sticker. Do you think it would be find just to keep the headlight box and the sticker in the car and show it to cops if they pull you over? Any suggestion.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

little more details?dot stick for headlights? Do u have diff bulbs or something? explain a little more please...
Old 10-30-2005, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member

Sorry dude, yea i got them koito headlight bulbs and its DOT approved.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cops in california must not have real criminals to go after or anything else better to do than to check DOT information on someone's headlights? that's hilarious

if the moron stops you, take it to court and show that the headlights ARE DOT approved.. Like a cop would know that much anyway? no offense to cops, but some are really stupid.. Just hold onto your stuff and take it to court if it gets that bad.. and then while you're at it, sue the cop for harrassment..

is it just me or do cops seem to be full of harrassment out in california?
Old 10-30-2005, 08:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
cops in california must not have real criminals to go after or anything else better to do than to check DOT information on someone's headlights? that's hilarious

if the moron stops you, take it to court and show that the headlights ARE DOT approved.. Like a cop would know that much anyway? no offense to cops, but some are really stupid.. Just hold onto your stuff and take it to court if it gets that bad.. and then while you're at it, sue the cop for harrassment..

is it just me or do cops seem to be full of harrassment out in california?
Honestly it's just that cops take a lot of ____ from people on a daily basis. People walk around having this bad attitude towards cops for no reason other than influenced belief. Some people obviously have legit reasons but most don't. This causes the officers to become jaded and go out with an attitude toward people that fit certain groups. Also, cops are people too. You're gonna meet dicks just like you would at school or a store, etc.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It it were me (and it isn't) I would probably put the sticker on the headlight shell/body somewhere on the backside so that it would be visible under the hood if one looked for it. I'd probably cover it with clear Krylon or something to protect it from oil/water/dirt.

Legal lights actually ARE required to be MARKED as being approved - just being approved is not enough. On a really bad day an officer COULD probably ticket you for not having the lights marked as approved... (just a guess).
Old 10-30-2005, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah cal cops are harsh......but if you have info on it in your car you should be fine.