Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

That annoying "Open Door" light/beeping....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default That annoying "Open Door" light/beeping....

Hi everyone..

4 ppl with a tC... do you know how the "open door "light will come on and WONT STOP beeping when you leave the door open either in the ACC or LOCK position???

Well, here's my problem... on cool, sunny days I'd like to leave my door open when I'm relaxing with my music on. so the problem is that I cant turn the stereo on with the key out of the ignition, therefore I have to
leave the key in the ACC position while suffering the BEEPING. and the manual says that I shouldn't leave the key in the ON position while the engine is off or else it'll screw up the car-- is this true or is it safe????

And my other question---
is there any way to "rewire" or configure the car to not make the BEEPing noise??

Any input is appreciated!!

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-09-2021 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 02-24-2005, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you could disconnect the sensor that is send info to the computer that tells it the door is open. this woulb PROBABLY require you to pull off the button or whatever it is and disconnect the wiring.

As far as the hurting the car while off and key in ACC position.....the only real damage could be the battery becomes drained.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dunno, but i also really hate that fast beeping that comes on when you drive without a seatbelt, don't get me wrong, i drive with my seatbelt but i mean like even when moving my car accross a parkinglot or something, it's SOOOOOOO anoying
Old 02-24-2005, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just learned the seatbelt one on another forum. I haven't done it yet, but you reach under the seat and unplug a white plug....no more beeping so they say. However, this just tells the ecu that the seatbelt is connected. So doing this could cause a problem with insurance in a accident because of the "black box" in the car (never sees the seatbelt unplugged)..

With the door open, I turn the ignition in the on position for hours working on the car listening to the stero. Actually, that's the only way to stop it from beeping that I know of.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Archivez2005TC
dunno, but i also really hate that fast beeping that comes on when you drive without a seatbelt, don't get me wrong, i drive with my seatbelt but i mean like even when moving my car accross a parkinglot or something, it's SOOOOOOO anoying
AMEN!!!! When I am driving to my apartment office, or across the parking lot, that really gets annoying!!! And it will go away after a while, then start again!!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've always been told that leaving the car in the ON postion (not ACC) without the car running could cause damage to the ignition switch. If anyone has any info on this it would be nice to know.

Other than that, I see that the difference would be the battery will drain faster because more electrical systems on the car are active than if it was just in ACC.

As for the seatbelt beep, I don't recommend disconnecting wires. You can actually disable the audio alarm for the seatbelt.

Originally Posted by Monster0 of ClubSciontC.com
This is a nice way to disable the seatbelt warning without having to disconnect anything.
1. Make sure odometer (not trip meter) is active before starting
2. Turn key to "on" position - do not start the car just turn the key
3. Immediately after turning the key, press and hold the trip meter reset button.
4. Keep holding in button and after 10-12 sec. attach the driver's side seatbelt.
5. A message of "b-off" (disable) or "b-on" (enable) should appear in the odometer readout to show that it was done correctly.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
As for the seatbelt beep, I don't recommend disconnecting wires. You can actually disable the audio alarm for the seatbelt.

Originally Posted by Monster0 of ClubSciontC.com
This is a nice way to disable the seatbelt warning without having to disconnect anything.
1. Make sure odometer (not trip meter) is active before starting
2. Turn key to "on" position - do not start the car just turn the key
3. Immediately after turning the key, press and hold the trip meter reset button.
4. Keep holding in button and after 10-12 sec. attach the driver's side seatbelt.
5. A message of "b-off" (disable) or "b-on" (enable) should appear in the odometer readout to show that it was done correctly.
Have you (or anyone else) tried this yet? I would love to drive from my apartment mailbox to my apartment without that nagging sound of a semi about to back over me.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That's the only time I don't wear my seatbelt is when I get home from work and stop at the Apt. Mailbox and then drive around the corner to my Apt. If you crank the tunes you won't hear it. There is a wire to let it know that the door is open or not, I'm not sure which it is on the tC, but it also controls the domelight too. Why not sit in the passenger seat with the door open?? it won't beep then.

-Z
Old 03-09-2005, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

that method does work. If you want to listen to music why dont you open your window and not the door