Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

any place to get your credit score for free?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Consumers are already entitled to one free credit report a year from each of the three national credit bureaus.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The free report is just that a free report. It does NOT contain your scores. It will tell you what acccounts are open/closed and which ones are reported deliquent. IE you'll know if something is reporting wrong and if someone opened accounts that you don't know about. Again for the umteenth time that is just a REPORT and does NOT contain your scores.
Your scores will be different by 50 points or more from lender to lender the bureaus tailor the scores to the needs of the customer (in this case the lender) lenders will also do a tri-merge. which is all 3 bureaus reporting on one report with 3 scores. They generally take the middle score. It's almost a waste of time getting them yourself. If your dealer is the one pulling it have them show you the score.

One again i want to caution everyone who wants to see their score privately it will be different from what the lender gets. The Lender will ONLY go by what they receive from the bureaus. You can debate your score with the lender until your blue in the face and it will do you absolutely NO good. What they get from the bureau is accepted as fact if their or errors lenders CAN NOT fix them only the Bureaus can change them.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

The reason for getting your credit reports is to check for anything incorrect that might be bringing down your credit score. If you find an inaccuracy, you can contact the credit bureau and dispute the inaccuracy.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On Scion purchases TFS uses EQUIFAX to base their credit score qualifications, not Experian. At my dealership we usually pull Transunion as well, however the TFS rate isn't decided by it, ONLY EQUIFAX.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by itimebomb
On Scion purchases TFS uses EQUIFAX to base their credit score qualifications, not Experian. At my dealership we usually pull Transunion as well, however the TFS rate isn't decided by it, ONLY EQUIFAX.
I think's it's different for each region. We pull EXPERIAN, and can use Transunion if we need to switch banks.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Yes, and not all dealers use TFS, either. All the dealerships in the Atlanta area, for example, use SETF.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

craziness...i don't know why it wouldn't just be standardized. everything i said then applies to the gulf states area. i don't know why all the dealerships wouldn't go through TFS first, thats the rule we have to follow, i'm not sure why they would have different convenant policies in different parts of the country.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Illinois dealers use TU, toss out ANYTHING other then myfico.com They give you the real FICO score, the score all big lenders use, any credit card, or loan LIKE the toyota loan use a FICO score. I had a 718 on myfico.com and guess what I got top tier financing.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

just heard on the news today that you are now able to get a credit report from each of the three reporting agencies for free once a year -- some new federal law that passed or something.
west coast can get theirs now -- midwest in spring -- southern states in summer -- east coast in the fall.
the website is www.annualcreditreport.com
Old 12-01-2004, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by avus
just heard on the news today that you are now able to get a credit report from each of the three reporting agencies for free once a year -- some new federal law that passed or something.
This has been true, at least in many states, for a very, very long time. Just contact any one of the credit unions and they can help you get all three.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member

http://www.forbes.com/strategies/200...ahoo&referrer=

check it out
Old 12-02-2004, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My observation is that different state pull your report from different bureau. In some state, TFS may pull either Equifax or Experians. In my case, Equifax was pulled (california). However, auto dealer seldom pull Transunion. Check your reports from all three bureaus, chances are Transunion may have the highest score. Therefore, some of us like to refer it as Trans-good-ion.