Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

anybody got dents on thier tC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCSTYLING
I had my car for about 2 months almost. My brother backed into it, leaving a hole which is covered by my front license plate now. I got so mad, I punched the hood and left to dents on there. Upset about both now.
you punched your own car? i'd have punched his ;P
Old 10-01-2005, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member

Got my tC just 4 days ago, while I was at school (leave it at home during the day; mom uses it) my mom parked the car behind our garage because gardeners were at our house..

lo and behold my dad backed our 2004 chevy suburban right into my tC. About a foot wide dent

Taking it to get fixed tomorrow :S

(i'd post pics but my digi cam is at a friend's)
Old 10-01-2005, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First week I got it I did something stupid. I tried to sneak into a gated community (the one armed gate kind). Well my friend (who had the gate pass), drove through too slow and when I went under... WHACK! It left a tiny dent on the C pillar that you cant even notice, but I felt really dumb after that.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw a girl at my college today, she was fixing her makeup in her rear view mirror, she had one foot out the door and the door was resting on the car next to her. if that was my car, i would have been so ____ed. i should have done the right then and confronted her about the damage. but, i don't know what all she did to the car and i was running late to class. people like that ____ me off, i hate when someone parks right next to you while your in your car and they open the door about a millimeter away from your door
Old 10-01-2005, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCSTYLING
I had my car for about 2 months almost. My brother backed into it, leaving a hole which is covered by my front license plate now. I got so mad, I punched the hood and left to dents on there. Upset about both now.
this mentality has always confused me. let me get this straight...you saw a dent on your car so you dented it again? good god, i hope you never come out of the market to find a door ding while wielding a shopping cart. you're liable to do some serious damage.

imo, it's a microcosm of the "the LA riot mentality"; people got ticked at "the man" so they burned their own neighborhoods to the ground. not a wal*mart for twenty miles! that'll show 'em,...dang, we need toilet paper.

[/goofing]
Old 10-01-2005, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just took my car in to get the rear bumper and hood repainted.

Insurance claim.

The bodyshop dented my left fender, and took a large chip out of the front bumper. Great, huh? They had my car for four days.

Now I have to go back monday and leave it for another four days.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Somehow between the time I paid for my tc and when I picked it up my dealership dented the door. Drove it for a week (with their permission) before I took it back to have ot rapaired. They had ot for 2-1/2 weeks before they got it right. Or so I thought. Now in the sunlight the entire side of the car looks horrible. Back to the dealership.....
Old 10-04-2005, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default More than a dent!

Well, I was driving home from work today on the Cross Island Parkway and there was an accident on the other side of the road. Naturally, everyone was rubber necking, so I was stopped in traffic. So some guy who wasn't paying attention offset rear ended me and then proceeded to side swipe my 3 month old car - a 2005 Scion tC.

Both my rims are totaled and the tires are flat, the suspension is screwed up in the rear and possibly the front, rear bumper totally gone, dents dings and scratches up and down the entire passenger side, headlight is screwed up, tail light completely gone, among other stuff.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

i have one tiny scratch and a ding on the other door and my bumper has a boo boo but is going to get fixed since some1 rear ended me
Old 10-05-2005, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i have about 5 all over my driver side. doors and shopping carts. i have people lol im still trying to find a place to get them fixed