SL Member

deleted.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Apparently the tC is a high-risk car for insurance compa

Originally Posted by lucky
My renewal notice from state farm came today.

My 6 month premium just went up $65, supposedly because "the claim experience on your make and model of vehicle has resulted in an increase to your vehicle raiting group for comprehensive and/or collision coverages.

Gah. Must be a lot of idiot kids crashing these things, because the accompanying notes say that most costomers should see a decrease in premiums.

It's now 633/6 mo for me, a 26 y.o. M in semi-rural MI with 100/300/100 and a 100 deductible comprehensive/500 collision deductible.
Thats about what I paid in Muskegon. Too bad I dont live there anymore cause metro Detroit costs more.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Just renewed mine, premium actually went down due to being older/more years with same company/more clean diving record (knock on wood).

They market the TC towards young men who want to mod their cars and street race. No wonder a large amount of them end up wrapped around telephone poles. Not everyone gets the fact it's not a Ferrari.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member

To those of you who believe the price is everything.. keep in mind that insurances companies are NOT equal, and you do end up getting what you pay for when you happen to make that claim.

Do you want to have to fight your insurer to get what you are owed, or would you prefer to have them take care of the situation no questions asked?

Personally, I have Amica. I pay $2000/year, but the level of service I received when I was in an accident makes paying that completely worth it. (They took care of *everything*. I simply informed them I was involved in a collision, and from that point, I never heard another thing about it.)
Old 03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my rates weren't raised, since i just started insuring the car. but, i'll add that my tC premium is close to the premium for my supra.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yay, mine just went up $50 too.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i pay 220 a month. i with i could pay what your paying. i bet you have alot better coverage than me too.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member

I have full coverage (because the car is new) and I was quoted $120 a month. Now I have to wait a month for it to get here.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally called state farm about the hike today. They said the tC went from class 14 to class 17. I'm guessing the classes start around 1 and go to say 50?? My 02 dodge ram was a 14(for reference). Like others have already stated-people having accidents in tC's are causing it to move away from econo car class into performance car class for insurance purposes. My state farm jumped about $100 per year.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member

Gosh my insurance is almost 1200 for six months. =( State Farm, as well.

I'm sure it's gonna go up.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

man insurance is the only thing stopping me from buy my tC right now. I'm 20/m going to be 21 in augest. Living in PG county, MD and want full covarge. Anyone work for or know a good insuace company that dont pay t much for covarge?
Old 03-30-2006, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member

i pay 550 for 6 months from geico for my tC and jeep cherokee combined. i am 24 and haven't had any accidents or tickets for over 3 years.
when i was looking into getting a civic ex or si -- the ex was an extra 120 and the si was an extra 150
also the scion xa was only 20 bucks cheaper than the tC, and the xB was like 30 bucks more expensive than the tC
Old 03-30-2006, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zero-X
man insurance is the only thing stopping me from buy my tC right now. I'm 20/m going to be 21 in augest. Living in PG county, MD and want full covarge. Anyone work for or know a good insuace company that dont pay t much for covarge?
the hood huh
Old 03-31-2006, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I stopped reading after the 5th post after seeing such untrue and made up assumptions, so if this all has been covered, then excuse it.

Insurance companies can rate however they want based on the department of insurance's guidlelines for the state.

For example, in the state of CA, the main rating factors are:

1)Zip code
2)Driving experience/record
3)Vehicle
4)ISO code
5)coverage

Very rarely is an insurance premium based on a credit rating. One of the only companies that I know of that does this is SafeCo.

The tC's ISO symbol rating is a 14 on a scale from 1-25 (I believe it's 25...very few are rated that high)

ISO is a standard rating variable that relates the vehicle's safety, power, etc. That being said, a Ford Expedition has the same ISO rating as a tC.

The Expedition has more power, but would probably protect you better in case of accident....it would also cause more damage to the other party.

The tC is weaker than the Expedition, but the damage caused by it would probably be less than the Expedition, but the rate of injury would also be higher.

To show how much ISO ratings can vary, a 350Z has an ISO rating of 24p (p stands for performance) but a Corvette has an ISO of 19p. Although the Corvette is stronger, faster, and overall much more performance based than the 350Z, for whatever reason, the people at ISO have decided that the 350Z is more of a risk.

I don't know where I'm going with this anymore....it's been a really long day....but I hope this has cleared some info up.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have state farm also, went from 480 to 560..the *** happened, I'm gonna look for a new insurance company..
Old 03-31-2006, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dp-_-
The tC's ISO symbol rating is a 14 on a scale from 1-25 (I believe it's 25...very few are rated that high)
As I posted earlier State Farm agent said the new rating is 17. Since your in the biz you could probably check into it and either confirm or deny.

To show how much ISO ratings can vary, a 350Z has an ISO rating of 24p (p stands for performance) but a Corvette has an ISO of 19p. Although the Corvette is stronger, faster, and overall much more performance based than the 350Z, for whatever reason, the people at ISO have decided that the 350Z is more of a risk.
Probably because vettes are driven by many conservatives as a status symbol. Z's appeal to racers because they offer great performance and value and reliability under abuse. Ditto for WRX's.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That's sucks, just because its high risk? I know I'm 15 and will be driving the tC without my parents in a matter of months, and I already know insurance will go up, but I have no intention on street racing like some of the idiots in America. And besides the tC isn't a Ferrari or a Lambo!
Old 03-31-2006, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

yea, being in PG county isn't going to help you at all Zero.
i have state farm, but i know the agen (hes ex-bosses friend). i had a hook-up until recently, it went up $200 for the year, had a ticket i got in W-VA, but its still only
$1800 a year, full coverage
Old 03-31-2006, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default reply

I stopped reading after the 5th post after seeing such untrue and made up assumptions, so if this all has been covered, then excuse it.

Insurance companies can rate however they want based on the department of insurance's guidlelines for the state.

For example, in the state of CA, the main rating factors are:

1)Zip code
2)Driving experience/record
3)Vehicle
4)ISO code
5)coverage

Very rarely is an insurance premium based on a credit rating. One of the only companies that I know of that does this is SafeCo.

ISO is a standard rating variable that relates the vehicle's safety, power, etc. That being said, a Ford Expedition has the same ISO rating as a tC.

The Expedition has more power, but would probably protect you better in case of accident....it would also cause more damage to the other party.

The tC is weaker than the Expedition, but the damage caused by it would probably be less than the Expedition, but the rate of injury would also be higher.

I don't know where I'm going with this anymore....it's been a really long day....but I hope this has cleared some info up.
You are incorrect about insurance companys rating you on credit history. Try and get insurance with giving them your SS#. Won't happen. And it's not because the state requires insurance companys to have your SS#. It doesn't matter which company you use it's all a rip off. Get a insurance quote and then check your credit report. You'll see they are on there as a inquire.

jjp
Old 03-31-2006, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: reply

Originally Posted by jjp735i
You are incorrect about insurance companys rating you on credit history. Try and get insurance with giving them your SS#. Won't happen. And it's not because the state requires insurance companys to have your SS#. It doesn't matter which company you use it's all a rip off. Get a insurance quote and then check your credit report. You'll see they are on there as a inquire.
jjp
Hi, I sell insurance and there's been many a time when a person did not want to give their social, so the insurance company didn't get one. As a matter of fact, until recently, I never even asked.

Lastly, if it was based on credit, then how are these illegals getting auto insurance when they don't have a social to begin with?

Maybe YOUR insurance company does, but I know the majority of them don't.

Quick Reply: Apparently the tC is a high-risk car for insurance companies