2005-2010 [ANT10]

Apparently the tC is a high-risk car for insurance companies

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

i had my insurance go DOWN with the tC purchase and it's still high due to my age and sex but it went down like 45 a month...
Old 03-31-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice but what were you drivnig before? Insurance doesnt drop for men until 25.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thx... For Nothing..."...youngins..."...
Old 03-31-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually, old people are the reason why insurance premiums are higher. They statistically cause more accidents and file more claims.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

older folk may file more claims ( most kids don't want anyone to know they were in an accident ), but i can tell ya that most bad accidents in this area have involved younger drivers, teens thru 20's ( regardless of actual cause ). Insurance for me is far cheaper now then when i was a teen/20 something. And i can say that our lower premiums have more to do with us not having a single ticket or accident, then based strictly on our age. So if low insurance is a goal--don't speed ( or don't get caught... )
as for the TC, it was one of the cheapest cars policy wise that my wife was looking at, even after we added the sc.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wc01
Originally Posted by Zero-X
man insurance is the only thing stopping me from buy my tC right now. I'm 20/m going to be 21 in augest. Living in PG county, MD and want full covarge. Anyone work for or know a good insuace company that dont pay t much for covarge?
the hood huh
Yeah the hood . What can i say it sucks or insurance but it's not that bad. Just need to be street smart. Can't say it's always peaceful but be around it so long you learn to live with it, and avoid the problems.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't own a tC but I received the same from State Farm today too for my xB. I'm calling up my agent on Monday why my insurance went up for an MPV. I'll start paying $552/6 mo (no ticket or accidents). Maybe statefarm has something against all Scions and automatically increase Scion owners insurance rates.

StateFarm=
Old 04-02-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Keitaro
Don't own a tC but I received the same from State Farm today too for my xB. I'm calling up my agent on Monday why my insurance went up for an MPV. I'll start paying $552/6 mo (no ticket or accidents). Maybe statefarm has something against all Scions and automatically increase Scion owners insurance rates.

StateFarm=
I wonder if the ISO rating went up on the xb also. Don't take rate hikes personal. Insurance companies are just realizing that scion owners are more liberal.

more liberal=more impulsive=more risk

You could always trade your xb in on a nice ford.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

State Farm tried to raise my rates about 75 bucks/6 mo. Given that I've never had a claim, accident, or violation, I told them it was BS. They gave me the same line about the car increasing 2 or 3 categories in risk (agent said he's almost never seen one go up more than one).

I switched to Allstate, which ended up being the same as what I used to pay at State Farm but Allstate gave me higher coverages. My homeowner's was also cheaper through Allstate, so I ended up saving about $200/year.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have USAA and i pay $70 full coverage for my tC and $70 for mr wifes 04 mazda 6, im only 22 and my wife is 20.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have USAA and i pay $70 full coverage for my tC and $70 for my wifes 04 mazda 6, im only 22 and my wife is 20.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by rgarza1983
I have USAA and i pay $70 full coverage for my tC and $70 for my wifes 04 mazda 6, im only 22 and my wife is 20.
are you in the military?
Old 04-23-2006, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we pay 618 for our tC and 435 for the xB. Good old midwest is the biggest ripoff in the states, huh? Gas prices and all.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by reppindaTC
Originally Posted by rgarza1983
are you in the military?
yeah unfortunately.....
Old 04-24-2006, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions

ok i have state farm, i'm 27, i have multiple speeding tickets in my past along with a suspension for speeding tickets, i had a 95 civic before i got my tc last week and my insurance went from 68 a month to 80 something a month. not too bad if i say so myself
Old 04-24-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been checking into quotes myself. I've recently been cleared of a suspension on my license (long story, wouldn't have happened if the lovely PennDOT woulda sent me my darn papers)... and here's what I got so far:

State Farm: wouldn't give me a quote
AllState: $550 for 6 months
Esurance: $760 for 6 months (I hear they're not the best insurance company?)
And I was gonna check out Progressive.

25, female, live in the boondocks of PA (Southern York County), a suspension that recently (very recently) came off, 1 accident (8 years ago), and the last traffic ticket I got was 6 years ago. Those were rough estimate quotes, we'll see what I get for the tC when I go to get my ACTUAL quote.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FallenAngel
I've been checking into quotes myself. I've recently been cleared of a suspension on my license (long story, wouldn't have happened if the lovely PennDOT woulda sent me my darn papers)... and here's what I got so far:

25, female, live in the boondocks of PA (Southern York County), a suspension that recently (very recently) came off, 1 accident (8 years ago), and the last traffic ticket I got was 6 years ago. Those were rough estimate quotes, we'll see what I get for the tC when I go to get my ACTUAL quote.
Hey, you work with my Girlfriend. Glad to see some tC owners in the area.
Did you try Gieco? They gave me the best rate.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Originally Posted by FallenAngel

Hey, you work with my Girlfriend. Glad to see some tC owners in the area.
Did you try Gieco? They gave me the best rate.
You Nikke's other half??? If so I seen your tC in the parking lot commin out of work the one day. Very hot I must say. Bet it looks even better in the light.

Haven't tried Geico yet. As long as my premium through Allstate doesn't get higher when I get my ACTUAL quote, they have an AWESOME insurance package... if Geico can match that package I'm all for it lol.

Haven't seen too many tC's in York. Seen a TON of xb's... but maybe only one or two other tC's. Although I did see a SW tC in Glen Rock the other day that wasn't mine... grrrr lol.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You people have really cheap insurance. When I bought my car, as a 24 year old male in CT I was paying $1440/6 months and that's with no accidents and one ticket when I was 19. When I renewed for the year my rate went up to over 1600/6 months. During the previous year, my only claim was a someone hit and run my car while it was parked, which wasn't my fault obviously but they ripped me for it anyway. It was $850 worth of demage, my deductable is $500 so they only cut me a check for $350 yet the raise my premium about the same amount. Only other thing that happened was I got a ticket that year. Ins. Co. are a ripoff, just a money pit.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

must be nice not living in new york.

all my quotes were for $1400 for 6 months. best i can get was geico for $791/6 months

this crap ____es me off. one company even wanted 4450 for the year

i do have a speeder 94/65 but that was 3 years ago and comes off soon and the other is a seat belt. And they keep quoting me with an accident at fault even though i have no accidents but my brother has one and it shows under 'Possible household drivers'

Quick Reply: Apparently the tC is a high-risk car for insurance companies