2005-2010 [ANT10]

APR range for tC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dana278
Would you mind answering a question for me. When I started the Scion buying process I could get a rate of 4.5% through TFS. Of course I've been waiting for it to arrive, and in the meantime, the rate for Arizona has gone up to 4.9%. I remember my salesman documenting the 4.5% on some paperwork when he was figuring out my payment estimates. Will Scion honor that rate for me, or will I have to get whatever rate is available when I sign paperwork?

I'll ask my salesmen the next time I call, but I'd like to see what you say in case he tries to pull one over on me. Thanks.
That's a great question. If the salesman made copies of the web site on the day you ordered, he might be able to get TFS to stick to it. More than likely, they wont, but you at least have a shot.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ehhhh I don't think he actually copied the website itself. I saw it printed on a paper that estimated my payments. I'll check next week when my car comes in. Thanks.

I know it's not a big difference in my monthly payment, but a dollar is a dollar.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cliffy1:

1. It should apply to SET dealers, but SET doesn't use TFS for its financing. They use a lender owned by Jim Moran called World Omni. What a shocker... he's the same guy that owns SET. Oh and he also has a fairly high stake in the warranty company (JM&A stands for Jim Moran and Aoociates).

If SET doesn't use TFS for financing can I still get the college rebate even though it isn't through TFS but SET World Omni or how does that work?

2. Yes, buy rate is the lowest available without the dealer actually paying the bank to finance the car.

Is there anyway I can find out what the buy rate is for my dealer? I want them to beat or match my credit union but they are giving me a hard time about it. Is it really that hard to beat it or even match it?

3. The installation of springs shouldn't have anything to do with the financing.

I am financing the TRD springs and installation as an option in my purchase is this incorrect?
Old 08-09-2004, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I belive World Omni has a similar program to the college grad program through TFS.

This whole concept of negotiating rate on a Scion is absurd. The buy rate should be the one posted on their web site. If that rate is too high, go with your credit union.

Now... if we were talking about anything other than a Scion, no, there is no way for you to know the buy rate. It isn't posted and honestly, it isn't your business. If you can get a lower rate, take it. If the dealer can match it, fine, but don't expect them to do so. There is a point where it just doesn't make sense for them to chase a rate. The effort involved doesn't have any benefit to them at some point.

The cost of financing has nothing to do with the cost of labor charged by their shop. I would be very surprised if the finance department was willing to pay the shop for the cost of installation of your exhaust. The dealer as a whole may view it as one big transaction, but the people employed in each department don't see it this way.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cliffy1
I belive World Omni has a similar program to the college grad program through TFS.

This whole concept of negotiating rate on a Scion is absurd. The buy rate should be the one posted on their web site. If that rate is too high, go with your credit union.

Now... if we were talking about anything other than a Scion, no, there is no way for you to know the buy rate. It isn't posted and honestly, it isn't your business. If you can get a lower rate, take it. If the dealer can match it, fine, but don't expect them to do so. There is a point where it just doesn't make sense for them to chase a rate. The effort involved doesn't have any benefit to them at some point.

The cost of financing has nothing to do with the cost of labor charged by their shop. I would be very surprised if the finance department was willing to pay the shop for the cost of installation of your exhaust. The dealer as a whole may view it as one big transaction, but the people employed in each department don't see it this way.
But if I go with my credit union, I won't qualify to get the college rebate through World Omni will I? Whatever rate they are giving me is through World Omni correct? Where would I find more info on this, because the dealer supposedly doesn't know.

They are including labor charges for the installation of the TRD springs in my final cost. I thought there was something wrong with this. So can they actually charge me more for installation later on once it's done?
Old 08-09-2004, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This really illustrates how a dealership can screw themselves by not following the rules. The rules are, post your rates by credit scores and don't mess with it. They chose to mess with you and created a huge problem. You don't trust a word they say, and I don't blame you.

The correct buy rate should be the one you get off the Scion web site by inputting your zip code and credit rating. If its 4.6% like it is here, you just need to figure out if you are better off taking the higher rate plus the rebate of the lower rate at your CU but not getting the rebate.