Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Average wait time to get TC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Average wait time to get TC?

Originally Posted by ukcountess
Have ordered mine. Told 2 week waot.That was amonth ago.!
Tampa area . Is this usual?
I've been waiting for over 2 months. I was also told 2 weeks. Every Toyota dealership has told me they are the #1 dealership and they move the most cars. The most they move are 3-10 scions per month, not 400.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

well, skimmed through the thread and here's my story

Tuesday Oct. 12th 2004 went to dealer to buy a Scion tC - they had a silver streak mica auto with airbags, I wanted a Flint Mica 5-speed manual with airbags, did paperwork for about 30 mins, figured out what kind of options they had and made a rough estimate of what I want with it, got the best rate possible (4.4%) and went home, called him a few days later like he asked so he could answer some of my questions (called him back on friday) and he said he'd put in the order Monday (kinda ____ed me off because I thought he'd already put it in and we were just talking about a few options later)

I got a message from him saying I should call him, which was yesterday, calling him tomorrow, called him tonight on his cell and he was at home (woops lol) and he said it should be there when they get their shipment in on monday the 15th of November, but I should call him tomorrow when he's at the dealer to look at some papers for some things he needed to mention (some conflicts of options that prolly doesn't matter)

Flint Mica 5-speed manual with side airbags like I wanted, and it'll take 29 days (36 with the days from I went there to when he actually ordered it) 21 weekdays from order date @ Fitzgerald Scion of Gaithersburg, Maryland
Old 11-05-2004, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

put down deposit for flint mica 5 spd w/o side airbags on Oct 22...
no options.. just bare bones...

received a flint mica 5 spd WITH side airbags.. on Nov. 4 (actually like... 6 hours ago). a little less than two weeks after laying down the deposit. also cost me a little more than i anticipated because of the side airbags, but i wanted the car immediately and they gave me a better price for my trade in than i thought so i got some other extended warrantees and crap. good times.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member

dealer told me 3-5 weeks.. so far its been 4. called them earlier today and said that its in LA right now so it should be here any day now.. CANT WAIT!! :D
Old 11-05-2004, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member

Called Scion North in Mt. Kisco NY and they had a flint mica in stock. Has a lot of options including side airbags, fog lights, bodykit, and a bunch of cosmetic stuff. Only has 2 miles on it. I cant wait to pick it up tuesday. $20,500
Old 11-05-2004, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member

Default MEssage from Scion headquarters..

Hey yall,
I emailed Scion headquarters about my wait and everyone else's wait. They said that the waiting list is nationwide depending on the options wanted.
They said that the average wait is around 3 months. 2 hours after receiving the message....Savannah Toyota called with my VIN number. and varifying my options. So at least I know my car is somewhere waiting for me....even if its on the other side of the earth. Now as long as the ship dont sink I should be ok.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im selling mine, If your interested PM me or go here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4501527300
Old 11-05-2004, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

drove to fairview heights toyota scion IL with a POS neon and drove away the same day with a silver tc. No ordering....they had black also(but had all the extras installed)