2005-2010 [ANT10]

...The BAZOOKA speakers...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...The BAZOOKA speakers...

anyone had any experiences with any bazooka subs???

one of the options for scion tC is the bazooka. are bazooka's that loud anyway??

can you atleast feel the vibration, clean sound of the bass, loudness from a distance????

i know one bazooka comes with the woofer and amp inside already.

how is a bazooka compared to other woofers????
Old 07-24-2004, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i've sat in a flint tc with the bazooka sub installed. i wasnt impressed. the bass wasnt good enough and it seemed to drown out the speakers.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ...The BAZOOKA speakers...

Originally Posted by Diluvium
loudness from a distance????
Why would you want this? To ____ off people around you? The best bass is tight loud bass, that stays in the car. As for your actual question a 10" will not give you the block rocking ground pounding bass you are looking for certainly not from a 100 watt factory option.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are you looking for in a system? the bazooka is ok if you just want some bass that's not going to be overbaring. i would never buy an aftermarket bazooka sub. they just don't do it for me. i went with rockford fosgates in my focus and for the tC, i'm going with jl audio. the best thing for you to do is listen to the bazooka equipped tC(not the xA or XB cuz it sounds different in each model) then go to car toys or wherever and listen to some other subs. see what you like then make a decision. everybody has their own preference.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the best subs you will ever find...

www.respl.com

the XXX are their most powerful subs...

I'll be getting 2x 12's, and 3,000 watts to each sub...
Old 07-25-2004, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member

if you just want some good bass...something to compliment the overall sound the factory sub is nice. i think so at least. i've been down the subs and amp road before and to me it's a HUGE waste of money. i could care less about bass rattling everything in the damn car. therefore, and even though its pricey, i think the bazooka sub is perfect.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:52 AM
2JZ
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by smurf3642
the best subs you will ever find...

www.respl.com

the XXX are their most powerful subs...

I'll be getting 2x 12's, and 3,000 watts to each sub...
...dude... i think your doors and hatch are going to rattle themselves loose with 3000 watts to each sub... your upholstery might get a bit messed up too from your ears bleeding as well...
Old 07-25-2004, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

THe Bazooka sub that they sell you for that much costs $150 at Circuit City where I work. They are junk. They are more of just an amplified speaker. The only positive thing about it is that it comes with that cover. Audiobahn makes a similar product that blows this out of the water. Bazooka just isn't high quality at all.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCMaster
THe Bazooka sub that they sell you for that much costs $150 at Circuit City where I work. They are junk. They are more of just an amplified speaker. The only positive thing about it is that it comes with that cover. Audiobahn makes a similar product that blows this out of the water. Bazooka just isn't high quality at all.
It's not a bazooka tube with a cover on it. It's more like an amplified stealth box (that's not so stealthy).
Old 07-25-2004, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i heard audiobahn is the best..... JL is good, and fosgate...i dont want the sub to cover even half of my trunk, since its small...i guess ill buy a bazooka, but i wanna feel the bass, not rattle. but some sort of good vibration.... those aftermarket ones arent worth it... wait nm no bazooka... but i nedd somethin good
Old 07-25-2004, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know whether to get the Bazooka now, or wait for a custom fit box to hit the market for the tC. I suppose I could get something custom built, but I don't really like the shops around here these days.

Hmm, I could always make one myself. Never built a box before, but I have worked with MDF and done some installs. Here are some pics of my other car and the stereo install.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Diluvium
yea i heard audiobahn is the best..... JL is good, and fosgate...i dont want the sub to cover even half of my trunk, since its small...i guess ill buy a bazooka, but i wanna feel the bass, not rattle. but some sort of good vibration.... those aftermarket ones arent worth it... wait nm no bazooka... but i nedd somethin good
Audiobahn and Rockford Fosegate are total garbage. JL is a good, but very overpriced.

If you want a good sub look at Resonant Engineering (www.respl.com), Treo (www.treoaudio.com), Element Audio (www.edesignaudio.com) and Adire (www.adireaudio.com).

Any of those will absolutely run circles around anything you have ever heard.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm... anyone know any really well built ENCLOSED SUBWOOFER's????
Old 07-25-2004, 04:19 PM
2JZ
5 Year Member
SL Member

all subwoofers are enclosed...

if you mean subs with enclosures, then i heard the infinity basslink is ok for it's size. since we have hatchbacks, we shouoldn't need anything more than that for decent bass... some people are going all out with two 15" drivers and all that... i used to be an audiophile so i can understand why, but i like trunk space haha...
Old 07-25-2004, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bazooka tubes are good if u put them in the right car, on my car now that im selling a 1992 camaro rs , i have to 2 200 wat max 10 inch subs that fit in the little well of a trunk that i have. The tubes fit very tight(barely fit ) giving a very tight hit. All my friends have 10 -12 inch subs and my system definitly sounds better than all of theres.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2JZ
all subwoofers are enclosed...

if you mean subs with enclosures, then i heard the infinity basslink is ok for it's size. since we have hatchbacks, we shouoldn't need anything more than that for decent bass... some people are going all out with two 15" drivers and all that... i used to be an audiophile so i can understand why, but i like trunk space haha...
I was thinking about the Infiniti Basslink as well

Old 07-25-2004, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really don't think the Basslink will be any better than the factory Bazooka box. I've owned a Basslink and a Bazooka tube in the past, along with a sealed box with a 12" Kicker Solobaric. The Basslink doesn't produce very deep nor tight bass (and really can't, because of the design.) I prefer a sealed box, but a ported box I feel is the next best thing. The Basslink has a passive radiator opposite the driver which provides more volume, but also tends to keep it from being really tight or low. Plus, it's as expensive or more expensive than the factory Bazooka box (which is under $300 shipped from McGeorge Parts.)

I wish I could just find an informed review of the tC Bazooka. Only a few people have it on the board. Or if I could listen to one in person, that would work too.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, working around these things every day I will say the Basslink is way better than the Bazooka tube. It does provide bass, but like ya said not as good as a sealed or ported box will. Of course the systems that save you space aren't as good, but I feel that for the money you guys should look at this:

Audiobahn ATB10AT.

COMMON FEATURES
High Quality Construction
Rear Facing Tuned Port
Black Suppleather Covering
Chrome Plated Flame Grille
Bumped Back Plate
Extended & Vented Pole Piece
Gold Binding Post Terminals
amplified CYLinder
MOSFET Amplifier
Remote Bass Control ****
RCA & Speaker Level Inputs
Adjustable Low Pass Filter: 40Hz - 250Hz
Adjustable Bass Boost 0-18db
Includes Complete Installation Kit
Old 07-25-2004, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCMaster
Well, working around these things every day I will say the Basslink is way better than the Bazooka tube.
I agree totally. But I'm still curious to see how the Basslink compares to the tC Bazooka, which is a ported box.

How much is the Audiobahn and how many watts? Is that a 10"? Also, what are the dimensions?
Old 07-25-2004, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks decent, the reviews are good, might be worth looking into as an alternative to the bazooka system for the tC.

Quick Reply: ...The BAZOOKA speakers...