Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Brand New Scion Tc Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Brand New Scion Tc Insurance

I have always loved cars at a young age. Getting a car will probably make a huge impact on my life. I'm wondering how much car insurance will cost. I want a brand new scion tc. I'm debating to get a scion tc at age 16 or 17. How much will it cost when im 16? How much will it cost when im 17? I live in New Orleans and have a 3.0+ GPA. The car is mainly for comuting between home and school. I want to be under my parents' insurance. Scion Tc Owners please tell me how much u pay for car insurance, age, location, and other factors that may affect the price of car insurance.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your 15, by the time you are 17, im willing to bet you want a different car by then. Maybe the Toyobaru will be out by then. You have 2 years, shop around. Look at other options as well. If you love cars, ever since you were small, you would want to mod? Well the TC is a great car to mod, but then you get to a point where you wish you had a better car with more potential. Theres alot of cars that are going cheap now that have tons of potential, G35s, 3350Zs for example, and they are RWD. Look around and whatnot, by 17 you should have plenty of options.

No sense in wondering how much your insurance would cost now, when you are 16 or 17, you should go with your parents, phone a few companies up with a list of cars that you might be interested in getting and see how much it would be from there. What I do is, I have TC under my mom, and im registered to my mom's minivan, so our payments are lower.

Its still too early to really tell IMO, goodluck with your car hunt.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm i'm 17 in NJ and my insurance is 1k/year under my mom's name
Old 02-25-2009, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: Brand New Scion Tc Insurance

Originally Posted by XSillyAsianx
I have always loved cars at a young age. Getting a car will probably make a huge impact on my life. I'm wondering how much car insurance will cost. I want a brand new scion tc. I'm debating to get a scion tc at age 16 or 17. How much will it cost when im 16? How much will it cost when im 17? I live in New Orleans and have a 3.0+ GPA. The car is mainly for comuting between home and school. I want to be under my parents' insurance. Scion Tc Owners please tell me how much u pay for car insurance, age, location, and other factors that may affect the price of car insurance.
I certainly dont want to discourage you from going Scion.... they are great cars and you get a lot for your money in standard features...and a nearly endless list of customization options from many different companies.
However, the Scion tC is actually on the top 10 most expensive cars to insure in the US. Talk to your parents and see if there is a way you could go under their policy to help make it more affordable.
The main reason that the tC is expensive to insure is because it is a Toyota. And Toyota builds quality vehicles... hence... they use quality parts...which are much more expensive than say chevy, ford, or dodge. Its due to the extra cost insurance companies incur when having to shell out to fix damage.
But you should weigh that against cheaper cars to insure...because with the Scion you'll have a car that is built well and wont fall apart like the cheaper competition.
there's my 2 cents. hope that helps.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

its diff. for everyone.
sit down with your parents and call your insurance agent.
get a VIN # off of a tC at the dealer and give it to the agent, they will be able to tell you better than any of us.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
its diff. for everyone.
sit down with your parents and call your insurance agent.
get a VIN # off of a tC at the dealer and give it to the agent, they will be able to tell you better than any of us.
Dammit hoodie... you are everywhere. lmao. Is there a single thread you havent touched on here? ha ha.....
are you going to re-do your rims? did I hear that right?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

i AM teh intarwebz.
re-do my rims?
doubt it, not really worth it.
ill be pickin up a new set of rims soon and will be doing those.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 10PieceNuggets
Your 15, by the time you are 17, im willing to bet you want a different car by then. Maybe the Toyobaru will be out by then. You have 2 years, shop around. Look at other options as well. If you love cars, ever since you were small, you would want to mod? Well the TC is a great car to mod, but then you get to a point where you wish you had a better car with more potential. Theres alot of cars that are going cheap now that have tons of potential, G35s, 3350Zs for example, and they are RWD. Look around and whatnot, by 17 you should have plenty of options.

No sense in wondering how much your insurance would cost now, when you are 16 or 17, you should go with your parents, phone a few companies up with a list of cars that you might be interested in getting and see how much it would be from there. What I do is, I have TC under my mom, and im registered to my mom's minivan, so our payments are lower.

Its still too early to really tell IMO, goodluck with your car hunt.
you dont need a 350z/g35 as your first car, get a car that is safe, and one that you arnt going to kill yourself in
Old 02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

k dad.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It wont be cheap ill tell you that much. Well here in cali thats one of the most expensive cars to insure. But could vary from state to state. Call your insurance agent and find out.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
i AM teh intarwebz.
re-do my rims?
doubt it, not really worth it.
ill be pickin up a new set of rims soon and will be doing those.
LMAO......dude....

well I thought I read on the "my 1st feature" thread you were going to do something with your rims...sayin your greenies were getting beat-up a bit.
still on a SW tC.... the greenies do look good bro
Old 02-25-2009, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

dont worry, ive got something a little better coming.

[/threadjack]

lol.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:35 PM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well just a hint, in varies based on where you live, I live in chicago, 22yrs old, no moving violations or accidents. I pay approx 1150, for six months full coverage. And im put on as "married".

like everyone else said look around. you may not be able to get a new car rite off. hell didnt get my tc til I was 21. Had beater used cars before that. kinda of glad i did cuz it thought me how to take care of a car. And on other note before I got my tc I think I changed twice every 5 months what car I wanted to get, so 1-2yrs is a long time lol.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:02 AM

it's going to be a lot. i just got a quote today for an 06 scion tC for 102 for full coverage on a monthly basis. that's very cheap, imo. and im 23. i pay 46 dollars for my 96 civic
Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 AM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ps...know this is kind of old but here are some numbers from other ppl

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...r=asc&&start=0
Old 02-26-2009, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm 17 and live in Cali, and my insurance is about $2.8k a year under both my parents' names.
Yeah, $2,800 just for me, that's excluding what it costs to insure my parents' cars.
I'm insured with AAA.

Good luck with that. Hopefully mommy and daddy pay for your insurance, because mine sure as hell don't.
Maybe instead of asking for that new laptop or something for Christmas, ask for insurance money. You know, just a thought.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im in nj and im under my own name and its 2700
Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

22, Single, One accident not at fault on 2009 tC. Costs $1054/6 months in the DC area (Used to pay $850ish in PA before I moved)
As far as the 350Z comment. Don't even look there at 17, your insurance will be crazy for sure.
The tC has some issues right now (2nd most ticketed car and 165% more likely to be in a wreck.) Things like that are not good for insurance rates.
If you are looking for cheap insurance look at the Madza 6 (least ticketed cars). My friend just bought an 2007 for 14K last month
They are nice cars. Or buy an older Japanese car from the '90s. Really, at 17 it is going to be hard to get cheap insurance.

By the way, do you have to pay for it or are you getting help?

If all else fails buy a Buick. jk

Good luck.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

im 18 with 4 points on my license and i pay like $2500 under my dads name.(well use to before i got a new car.) the tc is expensive to insure my man. wait it out, do research, and when the time is right youll know what you want.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats nothing my uncle wanted a S2000 but turns out the insurance was over 3.6k a year. settled for a G35 coup MT6

Quick Reply: Brand New Scion Tc Insurance