Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Can parts from Partznet.com be installed at dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Can parts from Partznet.com be installed at dealership?

Partznet.com seems to be the way to go in terms of buying parts, but I'd like to know if dealers can install them, in order to keep everything under the warranty. Any experience in this :?:
Old 07-13-2004, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes they could install them...but in order to be under warranty you have to buy from the dealer not an outside source
Old 07-13-2004, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dinkjs
yes they could install them...but in order to be under warranty you have to buy from the dealer not an outside source
Well, that's what I mean, so that means that partznet.com's items will NOT be under warranty, regardless of whether or not the dealership installed them, right?
Old 07-13-2004, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default dealer

Originally Posted by dinkjs
you have to buy from the dealer itself? you mean you can't buy say a TRD part from a dealer and have it installed at another dealer? i thought it would still be under warranty as long as the dealer installs the part. so which is it?
Old 07-13-2004, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CALL YOUR DEALER.....and ask
Old 07-13-2004, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seems pretty ridiculous if it's all ordered from the same place. If the dealership installs it, then it should be under warranty no matter what.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hey guys just a quick dumb question ......

I ordered my TC last month and it finally arrived. It's in the lot as the dealer called me. I had some options installed like the auto-dimming mirror, body kit, cargo lining, led light enhancements, rear bumper protector, TRD exhaust the only thing not installed was the cold air intake.

Do you think they can still remove this options if ever I decided not to include them? Will they charge me for any removal fee of the said items?

Is it better to purchase them at parts.net and install them myself to ssave money and use it for something else?

Thanks!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's basically at the discretion of the dealer. I know mine would be fine with it, but I'm not sure about most.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

It also depends on the part and the coverage. The TRD stuff usually is warranteed by TRD and not Toyota. They will usually work together to make it easier but not always. If it's a part you're replacing with an aftermarket, obviously, not covered by Toyota. If you have the dealer put on Gold-Line springs, Gold-Line is going to warranty the springs, the dealer - the install (possibly).
Old 07-13-2004, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My dealer said he would install my floormats for only $30.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by eugovector

LOL :D
Old 07-13-2004, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL I wouldn't be suprised if that's true.

ATTENTION: if you get mats other then the scion mats your warranty will be voided.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well, if they don't come installed, they DO have to snap the little hooks in the holes...

For that price, they better be perfectly vacuumed and scotch-guarded... I wonder what the estimating guide allows for floormat replacement if it's a warranty job? Any service advisors out there?
Old 07-13-2004, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How easy is it to install stuff yourself. Primarily I'm talking about stuff like an exhaust & cold air-take and sway bars. Those are probaly the only performance mods I'm thinking about when I buy my tC in December.

I'm not a gear head. I've never owned a car, only driven other people's cars. I do however know how to work basic tools (I'm an engineers technician. I do mostly electronics but there also some basic shop work invovled) The most mechanically oriented thing I've done is build a couple bikes (bmx mostlly and one mountain bike) from the frame up. How easy and safe would it be for me to install a cold air intake in my garage, and a catback (presuming Magnaflow or somebody is going make one) or axle-back exhaust. What about a Super-Charger or Turbo?. Do those things even come with intructions?

I don't want to pay extra for overpriced TRD parts and installation, but I don't want to ____ up my car either. What do you guys think?
Old 07-13-2004, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least you got your doormats. Mine are on order... even though I paid for them. He let me take the mats out of my matrix for the time being until they arrive in a couple days. Apparently some other tC-buyer wanted mats and the one he was getting didn't have them... so they pulled them out of my car !!
Old 07-13-2004, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Intake

Stalking Goat, if you can put bikes together (follow directions) then you can put the CAI on your car...
Old 07-13-2004, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So basically it'll be better if you buy the parts from another party then install it. Are you going to mess up your warranty if you do that?

I just don't get how come the dealer who sells that cheap accessories (conicelli) have a lower price than the other dealers in the country wherein they all sell the same crap. Just don't get that idea they sell them cheaper.

Can they do a price match at the dealer where I'm getting my TC like the ones from BestBuy if you find a lower price item from a different retailer they match the price and give you additional 10% discount.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member

Default best decision

I talked to the scion dealer today about partznet.com and they were saying that Scion is actually looking into making these guys either stop selling this stuff or to sell at the fixed prices that all of the dealers have to sell at. They said that this company was buying these wholesale from scion dealers then selling them at these prices... that being said, now is probably the time to buy from sites like this in case Scion should put a stop to it.. as far as it being under warranty, i think the only part you'd have to worry about is the AEM and after years of having import cars and horror stories about water getting sucked up in the intake, i think you'd be better off buying this part from the dealer and paying a little more just to know your car is still covered should anything happen. Anything else on there, i'd say buy it and put it on yourself... springs, exhaust, shift *****, lights, etc... none of those things stand any risk of screwing up your car where you'd have to be worried about a warranty... also the exhaust is easy to put on yourself and you'd save money in the labor.. springs can be a pain in the butt with a manual spring compressor and you'd still need to get an alignment done... all of the other stuff is simple bolt on... the shift ***** are considerably cheaper and the strut bars are very very very simple to install and again wouldn't cause any warranty problems... Oh yeah, floor mats.. they can be a pain, you might want to seek professionals for that
Old 08-12-2004, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I plan on buying the TRD Exhuast from http://www.mcgeorgeparts.com/ But I wanna put it on myself..Has anyone done this?? is it hard? or is it just 2 bolts anda couple of hangers?! Please RESPOND!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionTCTrav
I plan on buying the TRD Exhuast from http://www.mcgeorgeparts.com/ But I wanna put it on myself..Has anyone done this?? is it hard? or is it just 2 bolts anda couple of hangers?! Please RESPOND!!!
I haven't done it, nor have I seen anybody else on the board do it for themself. It should be easy. I believe it's a couple of bolts and it lines up with the stock hangers. So if you can take the old one off, you can put the new one on.

Quick Reply: Can parts from Partznet.com be installed at dealership?