Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

car sponsorships.com??? anyone done this??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

its funny that i also just recieved that email plus two of my friends got the same ones. If i dont accept the contract do you think i will still have to pay for it?
Old 06-17-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is merely pay us $89.00 for a "discount price" on products we have a deal with. you may get a better price on some items. it's kinda like a rebate offer on a new puter but at the time of sale. just check if the discount warrants the initial outlay....but you can say that your car is sponsored....hypothetically.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you have a sponsorship, it mean that you get product straight from the manufacturer THEY DO NOT GO THROUGH OUTSIDE SOURCES!!! there is almost always a contract as they want to make sure that you will be at the shows and events you agreed to and it gives them the ability to get back any sponsored product for testing after the aloted time has expired. If you have ever tried to get anything sponsored by the maker you will see they make you jump through hoops so that they can make sure you will promote thier products correctly they make you work for it.

We just got sponsored by Audiobahn, Ignited and Varad but it took me several months of emails and phone calls to get thier attention, stand out in the crowd, they get hundreds of emails a day, we were relentless and polite and get the attention of the correct peeps at these great companies, as well as others. and we are seeking more sponsors each day.

things you need:

1. A proposal; this is an ever changing document always update it with new shows, awards and mods you get, this is just like submitting a resume. have pictures and a web site other sponsors listed if you have them. (they like to see you actually drive the car with thier logos exposed to the public. . . that is the buying public, after all they are out to make a buck. why you should be sponsored what will you do for them

1a. SPELL CHECK YOUR PROPOSAL!!!!

2. The name of the correct person at the companies you need to submit your proposal to

3. Except "no" as an interesting opening negotiation

4. Send out emails to all sponsors and prospective sponsors regarding any awards, shows and even magazine articles you are featured in, this lets the current sponsors see you are promotingtheir products and prospective one's that they should jump on board too.

5. If you are turned down, reply with a professional email thanking them for their time and move on to one of thier competitors.

6. You may get a partial sponsor where the give you a discounted price it is usually to cover their cost of the product but its much less than retail. This is a good way to get started as a sponsor is a sponsor and you have to have one to get one. kinda a catch 22.

7. Remember there are exceptions to every rule

8. Always give the sponsor plenty of coverage we like the roll call method it gives you a little more control over placement. We put full sponsorships on the front and partial sponsors on the rear .

Old 06-18-2005, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Let us know what some of the Blaupunkt prices are...
what are you looking for they have all kinds of prices they give me.
specify what you want to know a price for
Old 06-18-2005, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by clear bra guy
If you have a sponsorship, it mean that you get product straight from the manufacturer THEY DO NOT GO THROUGH OUTSIDE SOURCES!!! there is almost always a contract as they want to make sure that you will be at the shows and events you agreed to and it gives them the ability to get back any sponsored product for testing after the aloted time has expired. If you have ever tried to get anything sponsored by the maker you will see they make you jump through hoops so that they can make sure you will promote thier products correctly they make you work for it.

We just got sponsored by Audiobahn, Ignited and Varad but it took me several months of emails and phone calls to get thier attention, stand out in the crowd, they get hundreds of emails a day, we were relentless and polite and get the attention of the correct peeps at these great companies, as well as others. and we are seeking more sponsors each day.

things you need:

1. A proposal; this is an ever changing document always update it with new shows, awards and mods you get, this is just like submitting a resume. have pictures and a web site other sponsors listed if you have them. (they like to see you actually drive the car with thier logos exposed to the public. . . that is the buying public, after all they are out to make a buck. why you should be sponsored what will you do for them

1a. SPELL CHECK YOUR PROPOSAL!!!!

2. The name of the correct person at the companies you need to submit your proposal to

3. Except "no" as an interesting opening negotiation

4. Send out emails to all sponsors and prospective sponsors regarding any awards, shows and even magazine articles you are featured in, this lets the current sponsors see you are promotingtheir products and prospective one's that they should jump on board too.

5. If you are turned down, reply with a professional email thanking them for their time and move on to one of thier competitors.

6. You may get a partial sponsor where the give you a discounted price it is usually to cover their cost of the product but its much less than retail. This is a good way to get started as a sponsor is a sponsor and you have to have one to get one. kinda a catch 22.

7. Remember there are exceptions to every rule

8. Always give the sponsor plenty of coverage we like the roll call method it gives you a little more control over placement. We put full sponsorships on the front and partial sponsors on the rear .

What did you do to get sponsored by these sponsors? did you sign up through carsponship.com?

oh yeah...nice ride...keep up the hard work man!
Old 06-18-2005, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by David616
[quote
What did you do to get sponsored by these sponsors? did you sign up through carsponship.com?

oh yeah...nice ride...keep up the hard work man!
we made a wish list for each company of the parts we wanted to put on the car, audiobahn speakers and amps Varad a long list of lighting and Ignited is sending us a varity of swithches and sent it in our proposal we did not use Carsponsorship.com we deal directly with the peson resonsable for sonsorship at each company.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just get the same sponsorss and blaupunkt is just a quasi-sponsor and decalkits its a $625 full sponsorship
Old 06-18-2005, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are different types of sponsorships; full, partial, local, etc... For example, a local shop can sponsor you and provide free labor, an online merchant can sponsor you and you get discounted prices, a manufacturer can sponsor you and you get free parts, etc..
This is how CarSponsorships.com works - a company goes to them and says, we're looking for XX # of cars, or this or that type of car and CS will provide those cars to that company. CS will, undoubtedly, accept anyone w/ a valid credit card. About the only thing guaranteed is that you'll get decal vouchers and discounts on over-priced audio gear. That's seems to be what most people get, if anything. I say that because there are countless stories of people being charged & getting nothing in return, not even answers to phone calls or emails. I've seen a lot of the hate e-mails first-hand.
Basically, you should never have to pay anything up front for any type sponsorship. It's something to work for. Build a portfolio. Try to get magazine confirmations. Get to know people at events & get your car known and show that you have something to offer them.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ScionicXTC
There are different types of sponsorships; full, partial, local, etc... For example, a local shop can sponsor you and provide free labor, an online merchant can sponsor you and you get discounted prices, a manufacturer can sponsor you and you get free parts, etc..
This is how CarSponsorships.com works - a company goes to them and says, we're looking for XX # of cars, or this or that type of car and CS will provide those cars to that company. CS will, undoubtedly, accept anyone w/ a valid credit card. About the only thing guaranteed is that you'll get decal vouchers and discounts on over-priced audio gear. That's seems to be what most people get, if anything. I say that because there are countless stories of people being charged & getting nothing in return, not even answers to phone calls or emails. I've seen a lot of the hate e-mails first-hand.
Basically, you should never have to pay anything up front for any type sponsorship. It's something to work for. Build a portfolio. Try to get magazine confirmations. Get to know people at events & get your car known and show that you have something to offer them.
exactly right
Old 06-18-2005, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got one of those. they sponspored me. they told me there gonna pay for 55% of the price for any part i want. i havent bought anything from them yet. but they seem good.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

all i gotta say is...don't do it!! don't take the lazy way out!! do it yourself...mail your info and pics to some companies and find sponsors for yourself.