Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Car Turn's Off When Brake is Applied!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:07 PM

Default Car Turn's Off When Brake is Applied!!!!!!!

Hey guy's, Maybe one of you guys can help me out.. I have a 06 tC, and this is the problem, when i am driving my car and i press the brake the car just turn's off.. My car is a Auto... I have tried everything i have checked every fuse in the car like 3 times aalready, i took it toyota dealer, and they said they have no clue wtf is wrong with the car! I Have no idea What Else to Do but come here, and hope someone has delt with problem already!

~~~~~~~~~~HELP~~~~~~~~~~~

:(( and the mess up part of these is that, it's my Birthday Week.. This blowsss
Old 01-24-2008, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we could speculate, but theres no way for us to know for sure, and certainly no way for us to tell you how to fix.

sounds like an idle speed control unit issue to me. which i know that unit has been suspect in the tc occasionally. what with idle speed rpm fluctuations and bouncing etc...
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

So toyota isnt gonna even try and fix it? thats a bunch of BS. i suggest you go back to them and ask them to fix it. that should be under warranty.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like you killed your transmission.

this happened on my older supra.

do you make sure to warm up the car before driving it everyday? when switching from reverse to drive, do you gas it right away?

my old supra would shut off when Id brake.

new transmission = $$$$$$
Old 01-24-2008, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I'd tell the Toyota Dealership to check all of your vacuum hoses. Also, make sure your tC's brake fluid reservoir is not too low.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah....because brake fluid being low would cause your car to stall, right? ???? :D
Old 01-24-2008, 07:35 PM
SL Member

id say check that ____ dealer bastards. o sorry we work on cars everyday but we dont know whats wrong. shut that shizz
Old 01-24-2008, 07:37 PM

Well this is the funnny part. My car just went over 36000, miles it's at 36217 miles, at the moment.. Freaking Sucks.. The car is Idle at around .7, almost 1 grand.. Yeah aren't even going to try to fix it, because they said i have to many aftermarket wires. lol.. How can it be the Trany, when the trany is brand new, had it replaced.. and it only turns off when i press the brakes... How about this the car wont turn off if i take the key out of the ing. It stays ON.. lol. WTF, the only way to turn off my car is by pressing the brake.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should still have a power train warrant till 60k, I might be wrong though.

It could be the tranny because when you're braking the car is shifting fast enough to prevent the car from stalling. One of my old Co-workers had the same problem in her Kia. Changed the tranny fluid out, topped it off and the problem went away.

GT
Old 01-24-2008, 07:50 PM

well the i really dont think the trany is the problem, because it's only when i press the brake. Like 1 sec, press brake= OFF.. lol. DAMNIT>
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

is there no way to take off the wires. then take it to a different dealer. or you can take it to a different dealerw/o removing the wires. get it fixed while still under warranty, if they can't fix it in a certain period i believe they have to replace it--but you would have to take out the wires for them to do that. i'd take them off so the sole fact that i wouldn't want them to have a reason not to fix it. what are the wires for?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:52 PM
jld
SL Member

Originally Posted by basshead_158db
Well this is the funnny part. My car just went over 36000, miles it's at 36217 miles, at the moment.. Freaking Sucks.. The car is Idle at around .7, almost 1 grand.. Yeah aren't even going to try to fix it, because they said i have to many aftermarket wires. lol.. How can it be the Trany, when the trany is brand new, had it replaced.. and it only turns off when i press the brakes... How about this the car wont turn off if i take the key out of the ing. It stays ON.. lol. WTF, the only way to turn off my car is by pressing the brake.
was that a joke?.. if not.. maybe there's some wiring that's hooked up wrong? did you change/modify anything before this problem started happening? more info!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:06 PM

Yeah i think that's the only thing i can do.. bro u knwo what it is to take out my system. holy ____, how about this. 2- 0 GA wires coming fromt he front battery, to the back ones, then 6- 0 ga wires in the back truck, 4 pairs of RCA's, two 20 far caps, custom flooring in the trunk lol. , ETC ETC. lol.. i dont want to !!!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by jld
was that a joke?.. if not.. maybe there's some wiring that's hooked up wrong? did you change/modify anything before this problem started happening? more info!

Bro i haven't touched anything for about a year in my car, lol.. And really the night of my B-day which was tueday, i press brake the car turned off on the high way!! lol.. WTF get home tail lights dont work.. And take out key, car stays on. press brake car OFF. lol.. I think i am going to Invent this alarm, Turn alarm on, if brake pressed, will = car off. lol.. DAMn bro i can make milllionsss. I AM RISSSHHHH!!!! lol.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm curious as to why you're on tranny #2 and the car just rolled past 36k?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:13 PM

here is the reason, the seal broke off the first trany, dealer doesn't know why, they put a new seal, dealer drops my trany, crack goes trany, and In goes NEW TRANY !! )) happy me. lol
Old 01-24-2008, 08:15 PM
jld
SL Member

Originally Posted by jld

Bro i haven't touched anything for about a year in my car, lol.. And really the night of my B-day which was tueday, i press brake the car turned off on the high way!! lol.. WTF get home tail lights dont work.. And take out key, car stays on. press brake car OFF. lol.. I think i am going to Invent this alarm, Turn alarm on, if brake pressed, will = car off. lol.. DAMn bro i can make milllionsss. I AM RISSSHHHH!!!! lol.
lol that's the weirdest thing i've heard of, haha, imagine that kind of a car alarm, that'd be pretty dope. Unfortunately, I have no answer for your problem, but i'm interested in hearing what happens, so i'm watching this thread! Good luck finding a solution man! Hopefully someone can help you out!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like a remote start wiring issue to me. with the compustar RS for manual transmission you set the e-brake, release the brake pedal, then remove the key. This puts the car in reservation mode, ready for remote start. The car will keep running for 2 minutes or until all the doors are closed. When you start the car with remote start, it will shut off when you touch the brake pedal. This is a safety feature, but also an anti-theft measure. I someone gets in while the car is remote started they can't steal the car because it will shut off if they hit the brakes.

check your alarm/remote start wiring and/or programming.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

no disprespect to you or your car, but i find this a little funny. i mean it is a serious problem and toyota should be willing to fix it even with all the wiring. they could at least look at the car to tell you whats wrong and not fix it and if they find out its not all the wiring then there should be no reason for them not to fix it
Old 01-24-2008, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by dudehitt
sounds like a remote start wiring issue to me. with the compustar RS for manual transmission you set the e-brake, release the brake pedal, then remove the key. This puts the car in reservation mode, ready for remote start. The car will keep running for 2 minutes or until all the doors are closed. When you start the car with remote start, it will shut off when you touch the brake pedal. This is a safety feature, but also an anti-theft measure. I someone gets in while the car is remote started they can't steal the car because it will shut off if they hit the brakes.

check your alarm/remote start wiring and/or programming.

There only one problem. i dont have remote start. lol..

Quick Reply: Car Turn's Off When Brake is Applied!!!!!!!