Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Default Careless Driving Ticket, need advice

Okay so i just got a careless driving ticket, yes i was doing stupid things, was i stupid yes. Its a 2 point ticket (NJ). Since i dont want my dad flipping a ____ i need to figure out how to get rid of the points ASAP and pay a bigger fine i dont care.

So the cop (from my town) told me to call the municipal court on the back of the ticket. He said to arrange a meeting or something like that. Then to tell them that you will plead guilty to a lower offense charge. I did some research and it would be the unsafe driving offense 0 points.

I was wondering if anyone had some insight for me (other than the usual DONT DO STUPID ____ advice). Like do i just call the court and tell them i want to plead guilty to a lesser offense or do i have to actually make a new court date.

Thanks hugs and kisses <3

Last edited by Joyride; 02-20-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 point ticket? Never heard of that. I just understand that when you get a ticket and you plead guilty, it will go on your permanent record causing your insurance rate to increase. If its your first moving violation, they give you a probation period. Im assuming this isnt your first violation so iono, in Chicago they allow you to pay the fine and take traffic school. This avoids a mark on your record but you pay the fine plus schooling. Usually when they ask you to call, your suppose to show up in court or something in that realm.

haha are you gonna tell us what you did?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Damn dude... shoulda known it was you. lol.

yeah what domo said is generally what most states have in place. Sounds like whatever you were doing, the cop was cool enough to let you handle it differently with the court... so that tells me he wouldn't fight the originally issued points penalty.

GL man.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had this before. You call up and talk to them they give you a court date then you go in and talk to the prosecutor and tell him you want your points drop. Then they will say pled guilty then they tell the judge and you wait to be called up to the stand the judge comes and says do you understand what you did your pleating guilty to this the end.

You can only drop points twice in your life.

My careless driving was around 350 when got the points off and pleaded guilty.

Keep this in mind.

Or you can pay it get the points and do driving school for like 150

iv had 8 points now none lol
Old 02-20-2010, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

that's a pricey ticket there... lol
but I've seen some get hit with monster points/fines in CA for having modded Scions (well cars in general but on this forum)
Old 02-20-2010, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

NJ is ___ with their point system. I did my research and turns out i have to do this.

Call my court, arrange a date, talk to the prosecutor, tell him i have a clean record ( HAHA JOSH IM CLEAN) and tell him ill plead guilty to a lower offense that carries no points. He most likely will accept my plea deal.

Then i have pay the surcharge 250, court fee 30, ticket 120 = 400$ which ill gladly take over 2 points on my insurance.

Story how it happened was LOL

I was in the left lane, slow moving ford 150 truck infront of me. I was speeding 60 in a 50 then i pulled to the right lane trying to pass but there was a car in front of me going even slower so i pulled into the most right lane which was an exit, crossed over the white lines displaying the turn, then went into the left lane. I was stupid not to realize that the truck was speeding right back onto my bum. I was so close to home i was like w.e ima weave through traffic. I weaved through traffic and then i noticed the truck was weaving behind me. I was like strange didn think of it being a cop at the time. Then i pulled into my lane going home n i see flashing lights im like ____. So pulls me over. Under cover detective in his personal car how lame... Drivers license, insurance, registration blah blah any points on my your license = no. Tells me im looking at 8 points LOL, comes back with a careless driving ticket tells me what to do to get it down to no points, and tells me hes only doing it because i live in town, and told me to slow the ____ down, then told me i have a nice car LOLOLOL

THEE

END
Old 02-20-2010, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Dan i was thinking about doing driver school but my dad would deff find out about that.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in NY its first plead not guilty, then get a court date. on that date the district attorney will give you a plea deal, in your case it would be no points but more money. some others would be from like 4 pts to 2 pts and more money. you should be able to get the 2pt ticket reduced to a non moving violation and pay a bigger fine.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

^ yeah 0 points is what im aiming for lol
Old 02-20-2010, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can take the online driving course. Thats what I did but yea...trust me, whatever you did Konrad was not as bad as what I did. Lulz I actually was chased by 6 squad cars for a good 7 minutes. I lead them all over the city until I finally got away but then they took my license plate and had a little visit to my crib. They thought my car got stolen or something but then since my brother is a cop...he convicted me to turn my self in, so I did the right thing. The cops told me that I committed 19 violations and since I fled from the cop above 30 mph and drove down a one way at 90mph, I was suppose to be charged with angered battery. Any who, they honored the fact that I turned myself in and gave me one ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign.

By the way, I was scared out of my life. HAHA...everytime I thought I got away, another cop pulled up right behind me. I swear it was like a movie or something. None of the squad cars placed their lights or sirens on.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

LOLOL DUDE THATS AN EPIC STORY LOLOL

damn i would be scared xhitless! wow you got so lucky with being charged with only that little offense
Old 02-20-2010, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Domo
You can take the online driving course. Thats what I did but yea...trust me, whatever you did Konrad was not as bad as what I did. Lulz I actually was chased by 6 squad cars for a good 7 minutes. I lead them all over the city until I finally got away but then they took my license plate and had a little visit to my crib. They thought my car got stolen or something but then since my brother is a cop...he convicted me to turn my self in, so I did the right thing. The cops told me that I committed 19 violations and since I fled from the cop above 30 mph and drove down a one way at 90mph, I was suppose to be charged with angered battery. Any who, they honored the fact that I turned myself in and gave me one ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign.

By the way, I was scared out of my life. HAHA...everytime I thought I got away, another cop pulled up right behind me. I swear it was like a movie or something. None of the squad cars placed their lights or sirens on.

^^^ HOLY @#$@$@#$@ dude!
Domo... you nutjob LOL. very stupid thing to do from the cops...but funny story none the less... thanks for sharing .... made me laugh.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when in doubt just run!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Josh this is for you!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh another note, my girl was in the car with me. I kept asking her what I should do and she just kept saying stop. I was like I can't now...its a little late for that. Yes...one of the most dumbest things I have ever decided to do. The only reason I ran in the first place was because me and my EX-buddies decided to goof around and they decided to swerve at me so I had to ride on the opposite lane. To make it worst, the cop saw what I was doing...and I figured since the cop is on the opposite lane...I didnt think the cop had enough time to bust a U so I gunned it. At one point...I forgot that I drove a slow vehicle....sign....haha moral of the story. Dont run from the popo.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DONT DO STUPID ____ BRAH! lol jk man.....idk how points work cuz we dont have that in IL...i got a moving violation once and just went to "traffic school" and it was taken off my record. idk about NJ though

domo you're crazy hahaha hell of a story
Old 02-20-2010, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

but its so much fun!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The fact that you did all of that and only got away with a ticket for running a stop sign tells me you seriously owe someone your left nut for that deal.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

^^^ BTW...yes Domo...and that show is called COPS... lmao FTMFW

oh another note, my girl was in the car with me. I kept asking her what I should do and she just kept saying stop. I was like I can't now...its a little late for that. Yes...one of the most dumbest things I have ever decided to do. The only reason I ran in the first place was because me and my EX-buddies decided to goof around and they decided to swerve at me so I had to ride on the opposite lane. To make it worst, the cop saw what I was doing...and I figured since the cop is on the opposite lane...I didnt think the cop had enough time to bust a U so I gunned it. At one point...I forgot that I drove a slow vehicle....sign....haha moral of the story. Dont run from the popo.
^^^ and on this one... at any point did it ever occur to you that they probably already had your plate number? LOL
Old 02-21-2010, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

hi

Quick Reply: Careless Driving Ticket, need advice