2005-2010 [ANT10]

CarSponsors

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default CarSponsors

so, a guess a while ago, i somehow signed up online for this website called CarSponsors.com. i dont remember where i saw an ad from, maybe a commercial or something, but something got to me and made turn in an application.. but anyways, i got a call today. it was a lady that said she was an agent for that website. she said that they just reviewed and accepted my application, and i am qualified to become a sponsor. she asked me a couple questions;

1. do you have any modifications to your car.
2. are you willing to have "our" parts installed in your car to sponsor for us.
3. do you go to any car events/meets/shows.
4. and something else,

but all my answers were yes. then she said that i can start immediately. she just said that all i needed to do was pay a $99 registration fee, and then they can start taking a look at my car and offering me things. i can either accept or decline their offers. if i accept, i would just need to show that they're installed in my car with their name showing, and then its mine free. something like that. i just told her that i need a couple days to think about it, and she said she'll put my account on hold.

it seemed kinda like a scam to be. but im also not sure if this is real and the $99 was worth the registration stuff. just seeing if anyone has come accross this, or have done something similar. i just dont wanna spend money for something thats fake, ya know.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

search, its been covered on here before.
scam.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool. arright, that was all i needed. haha. thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^totally...think about it paying for "free" mods...
Old 01-12-2011, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i thought about that. but also, i was thinking if it would have been worth the $99 for the parts the would offer. but idk, i guess i came to my senses now. haha
Old 01-12-2011, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the way carsponsors.com works out is that you have to pay them the $99 registration fee and throw a big sticker on your car displaying the site, then they will more than likely offer you lambo doors from vertical doors inc, led underbody underglows, glowshift gauges, and bodykits (fiberglass ones/knock offs), and more for a really low price. but if you accept the sponsorship they offer you then you have to pay for the parts and also throw a big sticker on your car for that company as well, the reason why they ask if you go to shows or meets is because they want you to give out business cards about the companies you are sponsored by. you might say well heck i'll get the parts to sell or keep but not rock the stickers or hand out flyers/cards, they will keep you on a tight lease and want pictures of your car at car shows/events and meets as well that also show the sponsored stickers on your car making sure they are all visable. now don't expect to get like a turbo kit, high-end wheels, coilovers, as they will usually offer you like tenzo and xxr wheels as well as an intake, exhaust, and springs. i know because i've know of a few people who did this that went to alot of car shows but in the end they got rid of most of the parts and stickers after their 6 months or 1 year contract was over because if you don't make the commitment to what you agreed that was on the contract, then they will charge your credit car as you will need to have one open if you go through with it...overall not worth it unless you plan on dishing out money and hitting alot of car shows BIG which some they will tell you to go to, and not caring if you got expensive quality parts or just cheap budget parts
Old 01-12-2011, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was apart of it a year there hq is like 20 min away but tell you the truth it sucked for me unless you go to car shows all over at least once a week it's not worth it I did get a Fujita intake for cheap you can get a couple other things but they require you to go to shows and if you win win you can get reimbursed they have diff levels that you move up and get better things like rims or bodykits it's not really a scam but you have to go to shows one of the only rims I did it was j knew someone else around here that had it and if anything I could go right down to their headquarters
Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 PM

Ok Im going to telll yal this, carsponsors.com is legit it is not a scam!! I've been a part of this program since july and I've gotten a $100 check, LEGLOW Million Color Underbody Kit, and Road Magnet Springs so far for my Tc just from going to car shows and simply taking pictures. And I didn't even have to pay the $99. Why because I told them I didn't know that they were going to charge me before the approved my application and I told them I wanted a refund, so they gave me a refund and said you know what we are going to let you try this program for free for a whole year to see how you like it. Trust me even if you have to pay that $99 fee it is worth it. If yal have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

For all we know, you could work for them.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 PM

Dude if you don't believe me heres a link to my portfolio with them
http://www.carsponsors.com/890965
Old 11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

To be honest, I don't really care either way. I'm just playing devil's advocate as usual.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:36 PM

I didnt think you did care, this is for the people who do care, everyone wants to think this is a scam and don't even want to try it because of what people say who don't know a thing about it
Old 11-03-2011, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no body cares cause nothing is free without strings attached
Old 11-03-2011, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Free with stipulations. I would'nt touch this, but this is JeremyDoc so go for it.l
Old 11-03-2011, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by tc913
no body cares cause nothing is free without strings attached
Like ive told others I dont give a s##t if you care what matters is I'm getting free parts just from going to car shows. If you don't care then don't respond this is for the people who care and don't have the money to buy those expensive mods.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

you're not getting free parts you PAY to be a part of the site to get discounts. i know plenty of people with some pretty crazy off the wall rides who were 'offered' this and they paid the whole 80$ fee and all they got were discounts that were maybe like 5% less than most retail prices. just saying.....
if you want TRUE sponsorships, start doing portfolios and writing to companies and calling/emailing, ect... and there's no such thing as free. i've got a few and there are always stipulations (as others said) and never once got stuff free. best i've gotten is 70% covered
Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by GQQSE13
you're not getting free parts you PAY to be a part of the site to get discounts. i know plenty of people with some pretty crazy off the wall rides who were 'offered' this and they paid the whole 80$ fee and all they got were discounts that were maybe like 5% less than most retail prices. just saying.....
if you want TRUE sponsorships, start doing portfolios and writing to companies and calling/emailing, ect... and there's no such thing as free. i've got a few and there are always stipulations (as others said) and never once got stuff free. best i've gotten is 70% covered
Dude look I know people who are with this program who jus buy the discounted parts that they have, I haven't done that fuzz I want the free stuff, like I told the other guy I really don't care what you or others think because in the end it's all about what I'm getting if you don't care about it then I don't. I know what I'm getting and I didn't even have to pay the fee for anything, I'm using the program for free. Carsporsors.com is like the middle man they do all the contacting for you so it's pretty much the same thing. They already have contracts without those companies so it's the same thing dude. Look if you don't believe then don't reply nemore fuzz I'm tired of explaining it to people who dont care.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wils I like how you have no regard for people that have done this and similar. If you think you'll get free crap, go ahead and do it and report back. But until any of that happens, you have a stock tC you're buying your own parts.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
Wils I like how you have no regard for people that have done this and similar. If you think you'll get free crap, go ahead and do it and report back. But until any of that happens, you have a stock tC you're buying your own parts.
Dude I'm getting free parts already!! Look I'm done argueing with people on here man I'm with the program and been with it for 4 months if you wanna do then do it if not then don't!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

If you pay money for it it isnt a REAL sponsorship. REAL sponsorships arnt so easy to obtain. idk why that guy above me is so worked up and pushing to go with the company...

Quick Reply: CarSponsors